Archive through February 21, 2005

Anonymous

There is an open investigation for sales tax evasion in most of these states against these companies. There are also state police criminal actions in the works for fraud and theft by deception. That GOTCHA up there is a greedy piece of garbage. He is a bad person, and he will be getting raped in prison soon. Then we'll all say "GOTCHA" Call the state police, and state revenue department. Don't call local police. Also, file a report with the FBI. The state police can help you do this.

Anonymous

DON'T LET CRIMINALS BLAME THE VICTIM!

REPORT THESE LOW LIFES TO THE AUTHORITIES

SCAMS ARE NOT LEGAL.

Anonymous

Man hearing all these stories makes me ill. I got hit yesterday while I was at the bank. It was 2 dudes and a girl in a blue ford explorer with the words "world audio" on the windows. I gave them $220 for the damn things. I'm trying to pawn them off, but the damn pawn shops won't even take them. I still can't believe I fell for this shi). I can't tell you how many times I told him NO! He wouldn't give and kept getting in my face. Is there anything at all I can do about these a@sholes?

Username: Oilerball

Post Number: 1
Watch out in Killeen, TX. Blue Ford Explorer. 2 white guys and a girl. One sits in the car while the other one does his thing. Has the words "WORLD AUDIO" on the windows.

stonedinHarrisburg
Unregistered guest
man this sh@t is a trip, me and my cousin got hit up today in harrisburg, pa two scruffy dudes in a white van. got two tower speakers with a built in amp. that magazine said they where worth $2400.00
we paid 200 for them. they guy was all like "GOT ANYTHING ELSE TO SWEETEN THE DEAL WITH, I SMOKE WEED IF YOU GUYS WANNA THROW SOME OF THAT IN THE DEAL" yea right f%$k you dude- i need the weed more than the cash- so i can forget about how stupid we are. but i figure all i can do is see if they work and as long as the have some good sound i will be happy - at least they look good maybe i can scam so dumb a$$ hole out of a couple of bills..... still cant believe that it is this big

stonedinHarrisburg
Unregistered guest
oh yeah they wanted 20 a piece for beer- no we didnt give that to them. what a trade mark - like the wet bandits in home alone - these guys are the beer bandits - with a side of speakers

stonedinHarrisburg
Unregistered guest
oh and anyone that puts a post on this site should not tell everyone to watch out. we wouldnt be here if we didnt buy these

Unregistered guest
Hey folks,
I got taken for $220 in Hermitage, PA on the Dahlton AV 5.1 package. Two white guys n their twenties or so, in white full-size van with Dahlton on side of it.They had the ad that listed them for $1600. They also asked for the $20 for beer. One guy said they were from Pittsburg, PA. I had cops looking for them within the hour I bought them after seeing this site. I wouldn't be so pissed if they at least worked. All that works is the woofer and its garbage. It isn't even made for true 5.1 surround. As for the piece of sh#$%t that said he makes a living at it he's got his day coming. Hope you die soon punk.

ugotknockedout
Unregistered guest
got into with the effin speakerguys today! tried to hit me up in the best buy parking lot here in PA. really pushy....kept at it even after i said no 5 times. so i say to one of the guys learn how to take no for an answer man! well he mumbled something, and as he was turning around he called me an a$$h0le.
i was in no mood for that $h!t, so i pushed him as he was walking away. he turned and took a swing at me, and just caught my shoulder. (this is in the middle of the day in a crowded parking lot mind you). this cat was like 5'8", and i'm about 6'2", so i just jumped on him knockin him to the ground. his partner was yellin chill, chill....i layed into this guy sayin who's an a$$h0le now!!

anyway, i didn't want to get arrested, and a crowd was startin to gather, so i jumped off him (although he hit me first).
i gotta say i messed him up pretty good. (lets just say he's gonna be wearing sunglasses for a while) and his partner sh!t a brick.

anyway, before he got his a$$ handed to him, he was going on about these dahlton's, even said it on the van. so i figured i would try to find the company and complain to get this guy fired, and find this site. consider it a little payback for all you guys that got scammed.

now i gotta explain to the wife why my new pants are ripped, and my knuckles are cut up! oh well, it was worth it!!

Anonymous

Hey if you are all really pissed, Im not anymore because I returned mine and got my $ back. Go to the address on the receipt they gave you in the morning and watch all the "gotchas" park their cars and take the white vans out. After they close the office and they will soon (trust me I have witnessed it), vandalize all of there cars. If you keep doing it they will eventually quit because the cost of fixing their cars will be more than the $ they are making.

Anonymous

f you get taken by this scam, like I did simply return the speakers by calling the number on the receipt and setting up an appt. within 3 work days. I returned them at 5 days with no problem. I actually went to address on receipt at day 3 and noone was there all day so I called and explained that and they took them back. Lesson learned and it cost me nothing and I also realized I dont need a surround sound system. I hooked it up and it was too much for my room and sound wasnt greatest.

i just got scammed...what is the number on the receipt?? :-(

Username: Dkucera

seems this white truck is busy, i got taken last nite around 7pm at sheets in morgnatown west virginia. I paid 300 for the theater logic L6. Went to a friends house to show him my great deal, and we looked it up and he got a good laugh. I got the plates also PA ynf2724 with avalon distributors painted professionally on the side. If they don't give me my money Then I'll go to the cops.

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-theater/thread.cgi?3280
here is another similar site.

Username: Mike2120

Austin, Tx Usa

Post Number: 2
i have the info. on the guys that are working the austin area. if anyone would like this info let me know i have there names home address and there license numbers. they were in a bule suv flordia plates X25ADE. cops say they are not doing anything wrong just selling cheap stuff so austin hit me up if u like to get this guys

Username: Sds0178

Hi again everyone,
If anybody has info on the white van with dahlton on the side i would appreciate it. i would like to get a hold of these guys and ask for a refund for this crap they sold me that doesn't even work.

Thanks, shannon

Hi again everyone,
If anybody has info on the white van with dahlton on the side that is in the Pa/Ohio area i would appreciate it. i'd like to get a hold of these guys and ask for a refund. this surround package they sold me that doesn't even work.

Thanks, shannon

Post Number: 3
sorry bout the double post.

pissed
Unregistered guest
so how much does the money did u get back if u return it if u have a receipt??

Unregistered guest
GOT IT TODAY FOR $200. WHITE VAN PENNSYLVANIA PLATE # YNF2724. tWO WHITE MALES EARLY 20'S. WHO SHOULD I CONTACT?

Refund Instructions
Unregistered guest
For all those scammed in western PA and northeast Ohio, below is the address of where to go to get a refund. There's this little Jewish/ Mafia-wannabe loudmouth running the show. His name is Shawn Haugh (at least that's what it says on his card). Be there by 8 AM and you will see the guys start to pull in. This little runt Shawn will yell and scream and try to intimidate you, but if you're persistent, he will eventually give you your money back.

Avalon Distributors
307 High Tech Drive
OAKDALE, PA 15071

what's wrong??
Unregistered guest
It happened to me today...2 guys in a SUV. I bought the AV 5.1 for $300 and i'm just curious as to what is actually wrong with the system? Do they not work at all or does the quality just suck?

smokethadank
Unregistered guest
YO I TRADED MY HOMIE A SICK A$$ COUCH FOR THE DAHLTON KV 1500 TI VERSION SPEAKERS AND A SPYDER PAINT BALL GUN,70 BUCKS,AND A NEW SK8 ELEMENT FEATHERLIGHT.BUT ANY WAYS MY FREIND SAID HE GOT EM BY THESE TWO F**** THAT EVERONE KNOWS ABOUT IN A FUCK9e JEEP CHEROKEE PACKED FULL OF EM AND PAID 100 BUCKS A PIECE FOR 4.WHICH ISNT TOO BAD BY THA WAYS THIS IS IN SANTA ROSA CA. THERE GOOD SPEAKERS THEY SOUND BETTER THAN MY TECHNIQES AND OPTIMUS TEN INCH THREEE WAYS....PEACE

Unregistered guest
YEAH THEY GOT ME DOWN IN HOUSTON THESE F@CKING DUDES WAVED ME DOWN AS I WAS DRIVING I WAS GOING TO THE STORE ANY WAYS SO THEY THESE TWO SUFER LOOKING GUYS CAME UP TO ME AND SAID HEY DO YOU WANNA BYE THESE TOP OF THE LINE SPEAKERS AND IM LIKE LET ME SEE THEM THEY TOLD ME THE WHOLE STUPID STORY AND THEY STARTED AT 800 BUCKS THEY EVEN SHOWD ME THE MAG AND EVREYTHING THEY WANTED TO GO TO A STRIP JOINT WITH THE MONEY I SAID SORRY MAN I ANT GOT THAT KIND OF MONEY THEN I GOT IN MY RIDE AND WAS LEAVING THE GUY STOPPED ME AND SAID JUST GIVE ME WHAT I HAD AND MY DUMBASS PULLS OUT 100 DOLLERS HE WAS ALL UPSET BUT HE TOOK THE MONEY AND TALKED TO HIS FREIND PUT THE BRAND NEW 5.1 SESTEM IN MY TRUCK SH!T THESE GUYS MUST HAVE BEEN REALY GOOD THE WERE IN A 2004 ESCALADE A BLACK ONE THE TAGS SAID LA .I TOOK THESE HOME AND HOOKED THEM UP THEY WORK FINE BUT NOT TOP QUALITY THATS FOR SURE. HEY YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY CARMAS A BITSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FEEL BETTER KNOWING IM NOT THE ONLY ONE. NEXT TIME ONE OF THOSE FOOLS DO THAT IM GOING TO TELL THEM IM A COP AND SEE THEM SH1T THEIR PANTS...

Username: Paybacksabitch

MERRY CHRISTMAS MUTHER FUKKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! QUALITY SUCKS

Username: Garry

Well, Count me in. KV2500ti Ennis TX. White van 2 males. $250.00 + $20.00 for beer. Man, I know better

Sucker
Unregistered guest
Austin, TX... two mid-twenties surfer cut lookin guys in a Champagne Z71 Tahoe asked if I wanted some of their "accidental" merchandise. I went to the bank and withdrew $1000. they got me good. Id be interested in trying to do whatever we can. Billy at UT, post up if youre interested and well get in contact

EricXG
Unregistered guest
They got me today in San Antonio, TX. Two white guys, same story as before. They were driving a white Ford Explorer 2-door with Florida License Plates. They got me for $200.00. I got the home theatre system. Is it even worth hooking it up to my TV, how's the sound quality?

eddie
Unregistered guest
Just happened to me in arlington, tx. Got two 2450 towers. They used the invoice thing also. Got a license plate if that helps anyone.(y43-vhg)

Username: Friedrice23

hey if u guys want to get these guys let me know. ill bring some sort of whatever to kick their a** and take their sh*t. so let me know whats up. email me at xpac_protoss@hotmail.com. and dudes theres another headquarter here in california. its in ontario. address is shown in the website they have. go track them down cuz i am and bust their windows open.

Dano
Unregistered guest
If you got a receipt read it, the phone number is on it, it is different in every State. Call and set a return date.

jmorgan
Unregistered guest
I feel like a moron. $210 by an old white guy in New Orleans in a white chevy SUV.

jmorgan
Unregistered guest
I feel like a moron. $210 by an old white guy in New Orleans in a white chevy SUV.

Anonymous

Yeah i got scammed right off the road. I got suckered by the same catalog and was also asked for beer money because of the great deal i was getting. Whatever, I am just upset with myself, I was approached by two guys, and when i walked away, they said ok you can have them for 250. Merry Christmas, you are a stand up guy and we want to help you out. So they sold them to me as long as i promised not to sell them on ebay. I feel like i just got bent over. Location Austin, TX. White Ford Explorer with Florida plates.

sd sucker
Unregistered guest
They took me for $200.00 plus 20.00 for beer same scam as all the ones I read here.
2 guys in a Mercedez benz here in San Diego

Unregistered guest
I was taken in York PA at a Sheetz. Cory from T&M in Bucks County PA. I have located the address and I am going to try to contact them about a refund. Wish me luck.

Cerbius
Unregistered guest
Anyone know how to contact them in Austin?

syd
Unregistered guest
anyone know how to contact them in california?

Thanks

Moe Simmons
Unregistered guest
I was in Long Beach Calif. at about noon when the guys pulled up in an SUV. I gave them 150.00 I feel ashamed because I'm 50 and should know better. As humans, greed is an ageless weakness.

Moe Simmons
Unregistered guest
I was in Long Beach Calif. at about noon when the guys pulled up in an SUV. I gave them 150.00 I feel ashamed because I'm 50 and should know better. As humans, greed is an ageless weakness.

grinch
Unregistered guest
ho ho ho, merry christmas......god da**mit!! these two clowns wearing santa hats pull up in a white suv. same damn story....they show me the magazine ad, and i tell them i can't afford that...they say their in a jam (the whole extra set deal), and that cause it's the holidays, they would help me out......long story short, i get them down to $250 (including 20 for a bottle of jack). they kept sayin this is the best christmas present i could get for someone. should've known better. oh well, if i see these two clowns again, i'll be santa this time....and all their getting is a piece of coal.....shoved straight up their a$$es!!!!!!

Loser in Texas
Unregistered guest
Ok i am the latest sucker. i paid $250 for a pair of Theater Logic T 2400 L speakers. The speakers are in good condition. Same story: 2 guys came up to me in a gas station next to Kroger in Irving, TX.

Unregistered guest
Same story: 2 guys at a best buy parking lot in houston, TX. got us for $220 plus $40 for beer and we want to get back at them. can anyone get me the info for the receipt or address to return them in Houston, Tx. oh yeah we got hit up for the Logic Theater L6 speakers. they showed us a magazine that showed us the MSRP for $2499.

jackattack
Unregistered guest
Hey, those who say you can get a refund in PA at that Avalon Place, do they want the speakers back? I got it too in OHIO. When they approached me, I was about to pull my S&W .357 (which wasn't loaded at the time, but sat comfortably under the seat)on em but they we so nice. My speakers are fine, but I'd still like to find these guys to roll em around in the dirt a bit just for being crooks. I'm definately not big but I'm sure i could tear either one of them up a bit. I just don't like liars. Has anyone seen these guys more than once? I'd love to find em again just to mess with them a bit. Anyone want to join?

Jack BLACK
Unregistered guest
Well they got me all the way in northern california too! If I run into a couple of those guys in their white SUV with Texas license plates, you can bet that I'll be whipping their @$$e$ and taking my money back. I got two dahlton towers (KV 1500ti) and the home theatre set (AV 5.1)for $430! If I see them, I WILL get my money back!

buddy was scammed
Unregistered guest
well a buddy of mine just told me about two guys that got him for 340.00 for the 1500s and the surround. im here in houston,tx and my bud lives in pearland,tx.they pulled up to a gas station in pearland in a tan suburban one of the guys had a lot of pimples on his face....same story...however, are these speakers just not worth that much? i mean they look nice although i havent heard them...cant wait till they come up to me...ill offer them twenty bux for the van load or ill call the cops (blackmail the bit ches),see how they like that....

PatrickCO
Unregistered guest
Yeah I just got scammed today today in Highlands Ranch,CO at the best buy acrossed from the park meadows mall. Boy I should have seen this coming, well actually I did see it coming but I bought it anyways and now I am out 460 buckaroos, but that's what I get for doing business with people on the street that I don't know. These guys are really convincing and got their sh*t together real well. Make ya feel like your getting and incredible deal especially around christmas. Anyways the guy gave me the magazine(HDTVETC.) that has the ad in it if that matters. He was in a blue explorer with Texas plates. 2 white dudes one really short with goatee prob 25yo and the other dude stayed in the car prob 35yo 6'1" or so and 220lbs my guess(had an american flag dewrag on, looked like he had a shaved head and both guys had blondish brown hair). Called the cops but they obviously didn't give a sh*t so all's im doing pretty much right now is complaining, just trying to vent it out and just forget about it. Owell at least I learned from this, to bad the lesson was so damn expensive. When it seems to good to be true go with your gut instinct cuz 99.9% if the time it is. I didn't even buy the speakers cuz I wanted speakers I just wanted to pawn em off the next day so now i have speakers that I don't want. Stupid

Unregistered guest
just got hit for $400 near atlantic city, NJ.

Username: Trystensmom

Laytonville, CA USA

fockers got me for 3,000 cash in northern cali in november just gave them to family for christmas, have of them dont work.Driving a white ford expedition with texas plates. Same scan an over order dont tell my boss. Two white b*stards.
Gave me and my blond sister thier personal cell said to give them a call so we could chill.

Anonymous

A few weeks ago, I was at a stoplight in my car near Cleveland, OH when two guys in a white van marked "Dahlton" in the next lane yelled out the window to me...."hey, you want some surround sound speakers?" I immediately recognized this for the scam it is and replied "I actually own some good speakers" and drove off. I was telling the truth.... like I was going to pull over on a foggy day to look at some crap speakers. No offense meant, but I simply can't believe people actually buy crap from street vendors like them and then expect quality!

Johnnie
Unregistered guest
About a week before Christmas:

I felt really bad, my dad told me he needed help hooking up a home theater he bought, we really don't spend a lot of time together. I opened the speakers up and read about them and came online to see what I could find out about them. He was all excited because he thought he got a great deal.

Same old story. Two guys in a van in Hermitage, PA said they had two extra sets of the 5.1 speakers after an install. He could have them for $500, when he said he didn't have $500, he paid $250 for them.

I could barely tell my dad that they were junk and it was a scam. He's an alcoholic and drinks a lot because things never work out right in his life. I told him about it and now I have to face telling him that his old receiver from downstairs isn't going to work.

He wants to use his old receiver to hook up to these, but it's only Pro Logic, doesn't even have a subwoofer out, and is too much power anyways (100x5) for these junky speakers.

Man, oh man! He didn't even get a receipt either, what a Merry Christmas it was around our house! I wish I would have been with him when he was going to buy them, I know a lot about audio and would have told him to never buy them. He just wanted to impress me and get something that he thought was worth a lot of money. =(

Username: Trystensmom

Laytonville, CA USA

That's messed up my mom felt the same way when her gift for Christmas was a scam.

Username: Justpimpin

Damn, they just got me. Two guys in a white van got me for $300...One guy just put them into my car and kept talking about how good they are. So they followed me to my bank, and I took out $300 and handed to him. The whole time I was thinking its a good deal, but kinda seems weird. They were saying how they had an over stock and they do home theather installation. I'm pissed and can't believe it happened. I knew something had to be wrong with this deal. DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT

I even got the van license plate number Y43 VHG and its a TX plate

Post Number: 3
If anyone in the DFW area has any informantion on where I can find these guys, and wouldn't mind making a little bit of money, please contact me at romanticpimp69@yahoo.com

Billy C.
Unregistered guest
OK, I had these guys pull me aside and try to sell to me, I paid $400 for the home theater system, thought I got a good deal, went back to my office and typed in a search on the web for the system, this link was the first one I came to, this was 30 minutes after I bought the system, I immediately jumped in my vehicle and went to find them, I did find them and called the police to check them out, there seemed to be something fishy about these guys, needless to say I ask them for my money back, they were hesitant to do so but did. The equipment, if a name brand would cost what they said, but it is not. The sales guy told me if you paid less than $500, you are getting a good deal, if you paid more then you are not. This happened in Paris Texas

Rural Pennsylvania
Unregistered guest
Buddy of mine got popped today for $300 in Clarion PA. He tried to sell them to me but I did some research and came upon this site, said no thanks! Hope he can get his cash back.
"Dahlton KV2500 ti"

COLORADO SPRINGS
Unregistered guest
Colorado Springs is on the map now. silver ford expedition FLORIDA PLATES, I GO HAK. got me for 200. ORKA Distribution from denver theater logic t2400

Anonymous

Fort Collins, Colorado: white SUV, Florida plates

Post Number: 4
Damn guys, I got my money back and here is how I did it. Legally you have 72 hours after purchase date to get a full refund

I looked up the address on the reciept and on mapquest, and it was the actual address. I went this morning with my older brother, and at first, it didn't seem real, but I went in and there was only 1 guy there. I went in and I was just pissed and demanded my money back for the speakers. He was a little hesitant to give me back my money, but after about 10 min. of talking, he said come back around 6-7 o'clock and I should have your money cause I don't have any here right now and that is when all my workers should be here, so I said hell no and that I want my money back now. So he was still a little hesitant, and then said that he'll have money in an hour, so I was still b$%#^@ and cursing saying I want my $400 even though it was really $300 back right now and that I'm not leaving till I get it. The whole time he's smoking a ciggerate while this whole thing was going on. He probably smoke 3-4 of them within 20min. or so

So as a little more time passes, he ask for my reciept and I showed it to him and he was talking about how it only says $250 on it and that he was only going to give me that much back, so I was still cursing and b^&@*# saying that I want my $400 back and that I want it now cause I'm leaving town, so he then called the guy who I bought the cheap s**t from and was saying that I bought them for $300, so he even gave me the phone and I talked to him and was cursing at him that he sold them to me for $400 and that if I ever see him again, that I'm seriously going to whoop his a**. So the guy was trying to get loud with me, but I did the same right back and then hung up...

Well, about 10 more minutes of my time rolls by, I'm still arguring with the guy and demanding my money back, while my older brother just sits back and watches and is kinda laughing about it, cause I'm trying to scam this guy out of a little more money since they did just about the same to me. I finally get my $300 back plus an extra $20 so I got $320 back from him and walked out. I was so f**king happy that things went the way they did. Next time I see these guys, I'll tell them to load them up first, then I'll just call the cops and have them take care of them. I'm glad I didn't have to be violent with the manager. He was probably about 6' and I'm 6'3" and so is my brother, but more musculer than me.

Cliff notes:
I got my money back for shitty speakers, had the manager scared cause he was alone with 2 big black guys, made an extra $20 from the deal, will think twice about buying s**t from fa*s off the street, scam those guys if I ever see them again, get a reciept if you fall for this, cause it's probably the real address and show up with at least 1 other person, don't show up at a late time as they say, cause they'll have more guys than you probably

For those in the DFW area, here is the address you need to go to. Don't call, just show up
11126 Shady Trail #115
Dallas Texas 75229

HOUSTON, TX
Unregistered guest
I'm in HOUSTON, Texas.

Leaving Willowbrook Mall area I got stopped by these two white males in their brown SUV. I was currently in my car at that time. When I got out of my car to check out the speakers, they gave the me the same bogus story about how they had come across an extra set of speakers. They showed me the magazine and all. It seemed all convincing but something just didn't feel right.

Since I have never heard of this Logic L6 brand, I called up my girlfriend so she can check out online to see how good these speakers really were. The first thing that came up was a forum just like this saying that this whole thing was a scam.

Calmly I rejected their offer and walked away. I didnt get much info but I did get their license's plate number and remember exactly how they looked (only one since the other stayed in the car who by the way seemed kind of scared).

License's Plate # - 9YR F24 Texas plates (brown SUV)

two white male young

The one (driver) I was talking to had small silver looped earrings about 5'7'' medium build with a goatee. He had short blond hair with a fade.

The other (passenger) stayed in the car so I didnt get a good look.

This just happened today so I am pretty sure this info is accurate.

I just want to THANK YOU guys for putting up these forums or I would have fallen into their scam.

Anonymous

200 bucks seems to be the right price in colorado springs....got me just a few mins ago here for a pair of theater logic t2400 speakers.

white ford explorer

THINLIZZY 66
Unregistered guest
I JUST GOT HIT IN JOLIET IL. THEY GOT ME GOING INTO AN AUTO ZONE...THREE HISPANIC MALES...EARLY TO MID TWENTIES....SAME DEAL...EXTRA SPEAKERS FROM A JOB...HAD A MAGAZINE LISTING THE SPEAKERS AT $2100 FOR THE PAIR....I FORKED OVER $600 LIKE A SUCKER....HE GAVE ME A RECEIPT WITH A CHICAGO ADDRESS..WHICH TURNED OUT TO BE A MUFFLER SHOP...IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE ...IT IS!!! WHITE DODGE VAN...THREE MEXICANS...BEWARE

cheaplaugh
Unregistered guest
Victim #??? Coppell, Tx. You know how the story goes from hear. One Franklin out of pocket. Not that bad all things considering, I look at it like this, I've spent more and had less to show for it!

Firehawk442
Unregistered guest
dude they got my dad in waco texas. they told him the same story about how the speakers were double ordered for a "big job" and that the ones they had were left and they needed to get rid of them,those dirty S.O.Bs even hit him up for beer money and they were talkin bout goin to the strip club. he said it was a skinny white dude and a fat mexican. (not hatin on the mexicans)anyhoo beware theyve infiltrated central texas

Firehawk442
Unregistered guest
oh yeah the speakers wernt Dahltons they were "Theater Logic" same design, same instructons, just the name was changed on everything "Theater Logic Home Cinema T2400"

white van guy
Unregistered guest
white van guy here!! whats up fellow speaker dudes!!! I got some good news for ya ...be proud. Today i sold 2 sets of the dahlton towers for $1,500 buy one get one free MOTHER F*C*ER yeah!!!THEY BOUGHT IT! what idiots!! hahahahaha! As we say down here in louisiana SHWACK!!

shorty wanna ride w/me?
Unregistered guest
Ran into the same brown (Willowbrook) SUV here in Houston while driving to my office. Same story as the rest of ya'll. Had them sit in the parking lot while I run upstairs (and do my research-read all your posts). Came back in 10 mins. and offered them $500 each for five sets of the L6 but told them I had cash at my recording studio (I produce gansta rap). I may have a degree from an ivy league school but I grew up on tough streets. I had my boys meet me downstairs with their pieces and we took everything (5 L6s and 2 pairs of Dahltons)...

The Pointman
Unregistered guest
Well... A while back, a friend of mine told me about this GREAT JOB, here in houston. He knew the guy that was running the show here in Houston, so he hooked me up with the "owner" of the franchise. I went over to his HOME, and talked with him a bit about it. He fully explained how it works, what they cost, and how to do the pitch. He encouraged me to use hostile behavior and get in people's faces and intimidate them if they don't want to buy. It just wasn't the job for me. I was disgusted by the whole thing. But even then I didn't realize how bad it was. I knew it was illegal, but I thought it was just illegal because you're supposed to have a street-venders permit. The guy even told me the speakers were basically crap, and he wouldn't even use them in his own home. I Can't even remember his name or where his house was (this was a little under 3 years ago). Anyway, I sell stuff on ebay, and about a half hour ago I got a call from another friend who apparently got hooked up with this guy, and he was trying to sell me a few dahlton surround systems. I didn't recognize the name off-hand because they used to call them Theater-logic or Theater-research. (apparently they change the brand name from time to time as soon as the old one gets a bad name). My "friend" actually tried to tell me these were worth approx. $4000 each. I did a quick google search and found this page and realized it was the same old sh!t. I explained that he had been involved in a scam and let him know exactly what it entailed in case the "owner" hadn't been as honest with him as he was with me.

Anyway, I thank this forum and the posters here. It does do some good, and you HAVE helped prevent people from getting screwed.

The way it works, and the reason the cops don't give a flying f&ck, is because they appeal to people's greedy immoral nature, and convince you to do something immoral and illegal (ie. knowingly purchasing "stolen" goods), and in doing so, you lose your right to complain without implicating yourself in a crime. It's pretty smart actually. And though the whole thing is dishonest and disgusting, anyone who get's scammed by someone claiming to sell them stolen goods pretty much deserves what they get.

Just be glad YOU'RE not the on going to jail.

DougB
Unregistered guest
A question for you all. I almost bought a pair of Theater Research floor speakers on ebay, but fortunately was outbid. However, a pawn shop near me is selling a pair for $50.00. Are they worth it or are they really complete garbage?

Unregistered guest
I can't believe I'm putting my name up here too. Watch out in the mid-cities DFW, especially Arlington. I'm headed to Dallas tonight with my receipt. I'm getting my $200 or a someone's a$$! You think you're smarter than this because you've seen the scams before, but now they have company names on the vans, fake catalogs and company shirts. Got scammed.

NEW INVOICE INFO:

TM Enterprises
2320 N. Central Expressway #B18
Dallas, TX 75204
214-826-4190
F: 214-826-4234

Entering e-mail address below for other victims so that you can contact me later to see if I had any luck with this. Also looking for volunteers in case a beat down is needed. Hate these F()CKERS!

marijane
Unregistered guest
They tried to get me this afternoon in Watauga TX. I called my boyfriend and he told me that it was a scam. Of course I had to stand there and listen to their BS for a little while longer. I almost bought them for $200 bucks. The guy even followed me into the store to use the Atm machine. Thats when I knew he thought I was going to tell the clerk to call the police. I wish I would have after reading all these posts about these j_ck_sses. Tell everyone you know about this scam immediately.

Johnnie
Unregistered guest
My dad actually kept the speakers and hooked them up about 2-3 weeks ago. What garbage! I know a good deal about audio and these surround speakers sound like a cat trying to claw it's way out of a cardboard box. lol. He doesn't seem to care though, he's drunk 3/4's of the time anyways! If it was me, I'd personally be p*ssed, but in the same regards if it was me, I would have never bought them to begin with!

Username: Plm

I just got scammed as well yesterday...paid $180 for the Theater Logic L6 Home Cinema Speaker Set. However, I hooked them up last night and surprisingly found them to sound better than my Infinity speakers. Who would of thought??? I'm actually pretty happy with my purchase now 'cause I think these speakers can actually be worth more than $200. I'm only disappointed 'cause I thought I was getting a great deal for high-end speakers. Oh well, in any event...these speakers kick butt for only $180.

Anonymous

I just got the same story as what I read on this website, and I paid $300. I kinda figured it was a too good to be true story, and I was kinda upset when I saw this website. But when I hooked them up to my receiver, they sounded really good though. I had some yamaha towers that I always thought sounded really good, but these towers blew the yamahas away. I know its not the best way to do buisness, but they are worth what I paid for them. I have worked in a car audio shop for about 6 years now, so I have a good ear for music. If I could get a good surround sound really cheap I wouldnt mind getting one.

Rock/n/Roll
Unregistered guest
Same Sh*t different day! Outside Best Buy,in Modesto Calif. 2 guys in a white mini van. Handed out all the paperwork and same pitch that most of you heard. Showed me the KY2500 Dahltons @ $1800.00 or so. Only difference was I only had $64.00 on me and I refused to go to the ATM. They made like they were going to leave. Then, put it in reverse and said some thing like "JUST PROMISE ME YOUR NOT GOING TO GO HOME AND SELL THEM ON EBAY!" I said ok. Hey is $32.00 a piece a good deal? I think that beats Walmart!!!! And they rock!

Rock/n/Roll
Unregistered guest
Same Sh*t different day! Outside Best Buy,in Modesto Calif. 2 guys in a white mini van. Handed out all the paperwork and same pitch that most of you heard. Showed me the KY2500 Dahltons @ $1800.00 or so. Only difference was I only had $64.00 on me and I refused to go to the ATM. They made like they were going to leave. Then, put it in reverse and said some thing like "JUST PROMISE ME YOUR NOT GOING TO GO HOME AND SELL THEM ON EBAY!" I said ok. Hey is $32.00 a piece a good deal? I think that beats Walmart!!!! And they rock!

Just Another Sucker
Unregistered guest
Well, add another SUCKA to the list for Houston, TX. I ignored all the warning bells that went off about these POS speakers, figured I could turn em around on Ebay and make a quick profit. I dont feel sorry for myself or anyone else on here, cuz I let greed dictate my actions. Having said that, if I catch these 2 punks they are getting p*stol f*cking wh*pped.

Scam Info: Dalhton 'Home Theater' surround sound system. 2 'Audiophile' towers. 2 white guys (one short with lots of pimples, the other one bigger, claims to be married) driving a black Ford Envoy.
Got took at the Barnes & Nobles on Westheimer, houston, tx.

Anyone in Houston whos got a line on these punks, email me at eucalypse@yahoo.com, I'm in for some street 'justice'.

Unregistered guest
We'll Folks,

These guys have gone hi-tech, the are now on E-Bay...... I am glad that did a little research on them before bidding... I haven't heard of Dahlton Loudspeakers either... here's the item number for one of them Item number: 5745371255 Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey.. .. there are 9 seperate auctions going on right now.

Unregistered guest
I got shafted, I paid 250 for 2 dahlton speakers. They showed up at a fast food place in a purple explorer. There were two guys; one was white and the other was a mexican. If u wanna just b!tch at a salesman i got a number(1-916-539-0771) from him......please call, believe me im as pissed as most of u guys are!!!!

shaftedagain
Unregistered guest
by the way im in modesto cali so watch out

tiger tre
Unregistered guest
hey i have been offered speakers 4 times in the citrus heights area of sacramento. most of it happened on sunrise blvd. It actually happened to me twice in one day. The first time I was getting gas and this dude in a white van pulls up and asks me if i want speakers; i said that i already have some. He had this frustrated look on his face and he drove away. Then, i go to best buy and these two dudes pull up in a white escalade asking me the same question. I said to them "WTF do I have a sign on me that says 'I want to get ripped off'??" they just laughed and sped away... but just today two of my friends called me up telling me how they got this great deal on speakers worth $1400, and they only paid $300 for them. I told them that they were idiots for falling for a scam, and they just thought that i was jealous that i didnt get such a good deal. I told them of my past experiences and then they felt dumb. They did, however, get the license plate number so now theyre gonna inform the police.

Anonymous

you guys are pathetic. i bet none of you have even tried to hook your speakers up. yall went home, looked them up on the internet, figured u got scammed, and then got pissed cus there are a few unhappy customers out there. grow some balls. . . S.T.F.O

I thought I knew better
Unregistered guest
They're working midcities in the DFW metroplex. Ofcourse, by the time you read this, it'll be too late. Go to the office in Dallas to get your money back. I called the cops. They're all over the country. They need to be thrown in jail or skinned alive!

mtn-kids
Unregistered guest
I got hit in Vail Colorado twice. Once with the $250.00 tower speakers and the other for $225.00 5.1 surround sound speakers. I hooked them up today and the bass vibrates bad. A White Van and a Blue Suv. They drive around with a big story how they were left over from a job done in Vail. I hope they get caught. I'm a hard working man and money doesn't come in easy. That's why I'm really pissed. Thought I was getting a good deal. My Queen doesn't know yet. ssssssssshittttttt

Anonymous

They got me and my wife for $400 for some useless Dahlton AV 5.1 speakers. We were walking in the parking lot of Manhattan Beach Village in Southern California, when we were approached by two guys in there 20's driving a SUV. The same story as most other people: they had "excess" speakers, showed a magazine with an ad, did the hard sell, and we fell for it. The SUV was a late model, black Lincoln Navigator license plate California 5HNV714. The first guy had dark brown hair and went by Dan. He gave me his cell phone number (310-795-3961), which he actually picks up so feel free to give him a few phone calls. The other one was a tattoo covered, troll looking guy who seemed capable of only repeatedly saying "You aren't going to sell the speakers on eBay, are you?" Even with the cell phone number and license plate information the police will not do anything. I feel like such a moron. The speakers do not work worth crap. If anyone has any information on were these guys get the speakers, it should be posted. I guess this was an expensive lesson in the depravity of people.

SWVEGAS
Unregistered guest
SW LAS VEGAS. Hey i got 2 KV 1500 ti for $200. 2 white guys in white SUV, if you have licence plate or phone number i have a hook up in Vegas, my brother is a Metro Police Officer so we can get them. Email me either. nickrobison@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
I'm pissed! How come all these people have been robbed and noone knows about it until they finally look up the speakers and see this forum. I'm in the Sacramento area and they got my wife for 350 dollars thinking that she was surprising me with some nice speakers for the superbowl. They got her at FRY's parking lot. I'm in the military and we don't get paid that much as everyone knows and they took money that we saved for our anniversary. So if you see these guys, I'm on a search mission for there heads. My friend said he was approached on Richards Blvd as well with the same scam. I got ways to get info on locations where they stay if you guys have license plates. So anyone in sacramento help me find these guys cuz the cops are going to do nothing!!!!!!!!! I have been reporting info to KCRA NEWS and they are planning to show the people in the sacramento area what is going on with the scam.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2706
A P Soldier,
Where are you stationed? Are you working in the Depot or did you guys take over McClellan?
Good luck on your mission...did you get a receipt? Some of these guys actually have a bonafide address, so check that and return them.

good luck

strike back
Unregistered guest
READ ME NOW.. ready for this..... who wants the address for the baton rouge, louisiana location i'll even give you the office phone number and other valuable information wink wink just post your e-mail address and you will get a mysterious message full of fun things to play with

Post Number: 5
Anyone in the DFW area just go to this address to get your money back How long ago did you buy them? 11126 Shady Trail #115 Dallas Texas 75229 They may have moved but then again, they could still be there. Also, my older brother saw some guys pulled over for trying to sell these speakers. I wonder what happened to them

Jman26
Unregistered guest
Yeah. Same thing happened to me too. To guys in a white van pull up and start yelling to me, "Hey! I got some speakers for sale!" So I pull over to the gas station on the side of the road to see what the deal was. They said, "Yeah. We got these speakers that we gotta get rid of because of some stupid reason." So they offered them for $500. I kept walking. So then they said $300. I still kept walking. So then they said okay $150. So I stopped and turned around and said okay fine. So I went to the ATM, got the $150, oh and by the way the $50 was for beer, got the speakers, and drove home. I hooked them up a couple of months later. Oh yeah, you do need a quality receiver, and these things work great! If you ask me, they're worth the $150. Hell, I have them turned down low and my next door neighbor still complains about the noise. So I don't know. Maybe you guys aren't hooking them up right.

Username: Qalien

Springfield, Illinois USA

There is also a bunch of this sh*t being sold on ebay...or trying to be sold on ebay...

Username: Looking4em

Las Vegas, Nevada United States

I know you fu*kers are out there, and read these messages every day, why don't you stop being such pus*y's. I'd love to meet you again...
I'm sure you could handle me, I'm only a woman.
Allyson

Anonymous

They are in Las Vegas, it is 2:00pm, they are in front of the Petsmart on Charleston and Decatur, White Van California plates 6S07033

Anonymous

Almost got taken in Austin, TX... 2 dudes flagged me from the next lane on the road. We pulled over & started talking... settle at $200 + $20 for beer, when it occurred to me to call the wife.

I did, she got googling & found this site. I walked off.

Thanks a lot.

For those who

Anonymous

Almost got taken in Austin, TX... 2 dudes flagged me from the next lane on the road. We pulled over & started talking... settle at $200 + $20 for beer, when it occurred to me to call the wife.

I did, she got googling & found this site. I walked off.

Thanks a lot.

Lesson Learned
Unregistered guest
3 guys in a white dodge durango at Albertsons at Green Valley and Sunset. Same story got $200 and asked for beer money. Said they like the Roadrunner bar in Henderson. Let's all go there and kick some a**......

Anonymous

My sister had the same thing happen to her. She paid $320 dollars for the home theatre system in a gas station parking lot. As for the "GOTCHA" guy- your time will come. You think deceiving people is okay- well it is punishable by law. Only the scum of the earth who is ultimately desperate would do what you do! I hope your parents are proud you jerk. We are reporting this to the police.

Unregistered guest
i got taken today. set of tr1420 tower speakers and a tr503 home theater system. i'm in salisbury,md. penn tags-green minivan-2 college age kids. same bullshit story about getting an extra system when the picked up their orders for the day. same invoice and magazine article. looked legit. i even tried to get ahold of a friend who installs high end systems but he didnt answer his cell. did get a tag # though and dont think i wont try and track those sorry mutherf@#*!?^ down. sorry had to vent. its 437am and i cant sleep thinking that i got freakin scammed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
I sell speakers on the street. Theater Research, DPA and Sony. Ive been doing it for about five years now. I am what the speaker companies would refer to as an "indie". Im an independent, self employed speakerman. Please hear me out before you throw stones.
Most salesmen only know how to do things one way. The way they were taught. Thats where most speakerguys get stuck. I was there at one time. I worked with a "white van" company for my first two years in the biz. For us, street tactics such as "the flip", "good cop, bad cop", "sense of loss" and "power slam", were just normal ways of doing business. We would use all the old lines. I was one of the craftier guys on our team, an ellaborate storyteller.
All this crap worked. Any given week we could sell up to 30 sets per van using these methods. Then straight to the bars we would go. Booze, pot, coke, whatever. It was mayhem. Inside, my guts were rotting. I hated the way I was living. I hated who I was becoming. I knew that I was doing everything the wrong way.
After two and a half years it was time to call it quits. I packed my bags, said fairwell to my friends and left Los Angeles alltogether.
I found myself back at Moms house, of course. Talk about healing! I love mom. But get this, the best thing that came out of all this was spiritual healing. I invited the Lord Jesus back into my life! I repented of the way I had been living. I was willing to change, so I asked Him to change me. What a process!
Nowadays, Im back on the street selling speakers (Idaho. Green Toyota Tacoma). My pitch is different, Honest, and I have nothing to hide. These are the facts: I get a good deal because i buy so many. My overhead is low because I dont have a storefront lease. I dont have employees to pay and I dont have any advertising expenses. I dont stretch it any further than that. You get a deal because I get a deal! Im happy to sell a set for $200 whereas before I was never satisfied!
There is more to this story. If you have any questions or need any product please feel free to reach me. And sorry to those who are pissed.

Simon Burckhard
televentura@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
I was recently approached by these guys on Feb 17th 2005. Paid 500 for the Millenium 2300 Cinema series that comes with the DVD Player. I was at a gas station on Hampden and Chambers. After purchasing I did some research and found that the address on the receipt is not really they're address. I found their correct address and drove out there and returned the sytem minus a 20% restocking fee which is what the receipt says. Bummer, but if you want the address let me know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us