Email from abadss.com

Silver Member
Username: Jojogun

Fairfield, CA United States

Post Number: 614
Got this email from a site I was a member of eons ago. Copied & pasted below:

Dear abadss.com member,

The United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida (Tampa Division) has entered a final judgment against www.abadss.com finding it in violation of the DMCA and other federal statutes and finding that the satellite receiver software distributed on www.abadss.com "was primarily designed, marketed and used to facilitate piracy of DISH Network programming." DISH and NagraStar were awarded $8,993,600.00 in statutory damages.

The website www.abadss.com, including all user records, posts, and files have been forfeited to DISH and NagraStar. You should expect to be contacted by an investigator or attorney working on behalf of DISH Network and NagraStar.

Abadss.com

Username: Ahinahina

Post Number: 1
Got it too.......

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 22995
Taken from Satscam s.com

"On February 14, 2012 the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida (Tampa Division) entered final judgment in NagraStar/DISH Network’s case against I.E. Entertainment, Inc. and www.abadss.com. NagraStar sued Defendants in February 2011 for the operation of the abadss site in violation of the DMCA and other federal statutes. The final judgment includes acknowledgements that the software distributed on abadss.com â€were primarily designed, marketed and used to facilitate piracy of DISH Network programming†and awards DISH Network and NagraStar $8,993,600.00 in statutory damages under their DMCA claim. The judgment also permanently enjoins Defendants from engaging in similar conduct going forward. In a separate settlement agreement reached between the parties, I.E. Entertainment forfeited the abadss.com website to NagraStar, which now resolves to sat scam s.com."
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us