DTV help

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24388
So somebody please help me understand why I can't lower my monthly sat bill through DT by changing my channel package! I used to be able to choose a package that had locals and basic "other" channels for $35/month. Now, according to the website the lowest package available is "choice" which is $60.99/month. Is this correct?

I'm not a sat guy but just one who has one. WTF is up this? Am I not seeing this correctly? Did they change the monthly minimum on packages?

Mind you I don't analyze my statements every month which we all should so I probably missed something regarding this raping.

If this is true then I'll switch to cable. I hate being raped.

I'm furious and will simply discontinue all service if this is legit.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16427
Paul...Directv packages now are as low as $29.99 (Choice) for their cheapest to $83.99 (Premium) to their best..

I just checked them online myself, plus I subscribe...

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/new_customer/base_packages.jsp?footernavtype=-1

U can call them as well, DTV is normally very customer friendly orientated...U must have misread their prices and packages..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16428
Paul..now I see where ya got that $60.99 "upgrade" to Choice price for existing customers.....call them , something's not right with that..it may require a new 2 yr "agreement" to get it for $29.99, but they will work with you...and a threat of cancellation always brought me satisfaction and extra free months or a free DVR, HD programming, or some new promo deal..

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24390
Thanks man. I did eventually call them and got my package downgraded. They did give me a bit of grief and some run around. They kept transferring me from one department to another, offering me deals on receivers, DVRs, HD packages, blah blah blah. In the end I had to give them a reason for my change or they couldn't process my request. What kind of crap is that lol?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16429
DTV customer serv reps just need to CYA due to company policy, so they go thru the motions, but really don't care what excuse ya give em for anything....just as long as ya give em some answers, whether they be legit or totally off the wall...in this case U coulda told em yer dog had puppies so ya needed to buy puppy dog food now and couldn't afford your current TV package and need a cheaper one...they are the easiest people I have ever dealt with...them reps are really lenient with alot of stuff, they just need to "fill the squares" and act like they "may" actually care...

If ya knew others with a DTV dish, ya prolly should have upgraded to their best package, ordered more receivers for them, and split the bill with yer family or friends...then U all would have a great package at a cheaper price than what Choice cost each month...thats called "sub (scription) sharing", and no way for DTV to ever know, as long as nobody plugs in a phone line into their receivers..

Diamond Member

Post Number: 24391
No I agree that DTV's customer support is fair and FAR greater than my last provider, DN. They were positively horrific. Never again will I go that route.

I still have a pair of DN receivers in my closet. Don't know why I kept them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us