Tune Dish HD reciever with three "old-style" dual-lnb dishes: how to?

Username: Killjoy

Post Number: 6
My friend has an HD Dish subscription with three receivers. He's using a DDP 1000.2 dish now. Upload
He wants to move one of the receivers to a distant out-building on his property. He (actually me, doing it for him) will be moving a "vip211k" model receiver to the building.

For this new out-building setup, I will be using an array of three "old-style" dual-output lnb dishes to tune 119W, 100W, and 129W individually. These three identical dishes have been used successfully in DTV and DN setups in the past. Upload
My question:
What type of switch will be required to combine these three dishes and send the resultant signal to the receiver (vip211k)?

From what little I have gleaned so far, I think I will be needing a SW64. Is that correct? And if so, will I need to "insert power" to it? Or will this one receiver work without the power?

Thanks for any help.
Now, I realize there are many other "cleaner" antenna setups that would work, but I'm only interested specifically in solutions that utilize these three individual dual-output lnb dishes in an array, as described above.
Thanks!

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19306
1. You will not need a power inserter - the vip211k will power it.
2. The vip211k is a high quality HD DVR. You need to inform us about the LNBs. Your information "three "old-style" dual-output lnb dishes to tune 119W, 100W, and 129W individually." suggests the possibility of using a DP34 or DP44 switch, but more information might clarify that issue.
3. You said "119W, 100W, and 129W individually" I presume you meant "119W, 110W, and 129W individually".
In general, I can say that the direction you are taking of marrying this high quality new receiver to three old LNBs is feasible, but not necessarily desirable. A Dish 1000 unit would be more appropriate for this beast.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us