Intelsat... BBC World News Buys In...

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 14177
June 10, 2010

Intelsat... BBC World News Buys In... (SatBroadcasting™)

Intelsat's homepage...
[SatNews] BBC World News has signed a renewal and expansion contract for satellite and teleport services with Intelsat S.A. to distribute programming to audiences throughout Asia-Pacific and the Americas regions. Intelsat's distribution solution includes satellite capacity on four satellites plus teleport and fiber services via its IntelsatONE(sm) terrestrial network. To reach viewers in the Asia-Pacific region, BBC World News will use capacity on the Intelsat 8 and the Intelsat 5 satellites, located at 166 degrees East and 169 degrees East, respectively.

BBC World News homepage...

For distribution into the Americas, BBC World News will use capacity on the Intelsat 9 and the Galaxy 13 satellites, located at 58 degrees West and 127 degrees West, respectively. Uplinking services will be carried out at Intelsat's teleports located in Ellenwood, Georgia; Napa, California; and Paumalu, Hawaii.

Source: http://www.satnews.com/cgi-bin/story.cgi?number=1745501829

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19045
I grew up waiting eagerly for BBC world News on the radio.
As a grown up adult, I listened to BBC as the main source of news.
Later on assignment in the East I waited eagerly for BBC News in English in a sea of unintelligible languages.
Over the last 15 years I got used to BBC News on TV
I am sure this expansion of BBC will be welcomed by millions in the East - people who are decision makers and rely heavily on accurate news.

Bronze Member
Username: Califirnia

Post Number: 96
Is it on Ku band or C band??

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 14191
Alan

On Intelsat 9 58W it's on C-Band and Power Vu encryption
On Galaxy 13 127W I can't found those channels but I think it is on C-Band also!

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 2110
nydas
Platinum Member

Post Number: 19045

Posted on Friday, June 11, 2010 - 10:12 am:
I grew up waiting eagerly for BBC world News on the radio.
As a grown up adult, I listened to BBC as the main source of news.
Later on assignment in the East I waited eagerly for BBC News in English in a sea of unintelligible languages.
Over the last 15 years I got used to BBC News on TV
I am sure this expansion of BBC will be welcomed by millions in the East - people who are decision makers and rely heavily on accurate news. no 1 cares

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19051
zulu: The fact that you don't care is irrelavant and your statement that nobody cares is also not relevant in the context of modern demographics. You better understand this important fact clearly:

In every important walk of life today in Ameraca and increasingly so in Canada and UK, the decision makers are ofter 1st generation Indian and pakistani immigrants. Everything you do might be controlled by an Indo-Pakistani decision maker. So it is important that they also becoime aware of the increasing presence of BBC in the Easet, becasue all of them have very close connections with the East.

YOU AND LK AND THE CROWD DO NOT COUNT AS MUCH ANY MORE!

Gold Member

Pluto

Post Number: 2111
zulu: The fact that you don't care is irrelavant and your statement that nobody cares is also not relevant in the context of modern demographics. You better understand this important fact clearly:

In every important walk of life today in Ameraca and increasingly so in Canada and UK, the decision makers are ofter 1st generation Indian and pakistani immigrants. Everything you do might be controlled by an Indo-Pakistani decision maker. So it is important that they also becoime aware of the increasing presence of BBC in the Easet, becasue all of them have very close connections with the East.

YOU AND LK AND THE CROWD DO NOT COUNT AS MUCH ANY MORE!

WHO CARES?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19052
zulu: You already care!!. That is why you are trying to object to my post. I AM one of the Indo-Pakistani decision makers and am posting here, and you ARE concerned enough to try and object.
Q. WHO CARES?
A.YOU DO CARE!!!

Q.E.D.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 14199
eCoustics still have the best live help, much more than many other sites, that's why we can see many idiots from others sites rot this forum!

Gold Member

Pluto

Post Number: 2113
All the good helpers have left this site. I have been here much longer than you Plymouth!! Take my word for it. If you listen you just may learn.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 14208
Why we could listen a guy like Zulu from a competitor site which has always discredited eCoustics????

eCoustics run very well!

Take your pills!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19063
zulu: I have been here longer than you have. I know that Ryerson is LK's sidekick and tried a thousand times to keep LK in the forefront and failed miserably. Failed because he has nothing to offer in support except stupid pictures.
You were a good poster initially till you changed tone and became yes-man for LK and now are just a loser who can't accept reality.

Gold Member

Pluto

Post Number: 2114
I have a site?? What site is that?? I have a pet dog that has more intelligence than nalo and playmout
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us