Sonysat produces 720i standard almost near HD 720p

Silver Member
Username: Xtremejohnjohnson

Post Number: 141
I was just reading a post on sonysat that their regular FTA box can do up to 720i, which surprised me. I thought the standard boxes could only do up to 480p and you would need an HD box to get 720i/720p.

Or maybe I didn't realize that the kbox does up to 720i as well? I noticed the PPV events are amazing quality compared to other channels

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 6430
james , one of my freind who saw my kbox and he had nfusion hd,
and he was saying " are u sure ur box is not hd " and i just start laughing.

on the upgrade model of kbox which was changed to plus, and pro .. quality is impressive..compare to other boxes.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16984
Kbox Pro is very impressive in terms of picture quality, better than CaptiveWorks 800

Bronze Member
Username: Babe_ruthless

Post Number: 73
What kind of TV or HDTV are you hooked up to and are you using component or s-video cables?The standard for SD is 480i but maybe the receiver upconverts the signal to 720i.Although if you watch a DVD at 480i(hooked up through Composite or s-video) or at 480p(hooked up through component)the difference is quite visible on a larger TV and again watch a DVD upconverted to 1080p through HDMI and the difference is visible again.I'm considering a KBOX(because of it's PQ).

Gold Member

Post Number: 6440
LG 42 inch HD TV
using component cable..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
Sada,would the picture quality compare to DVD 480p?I have a 52" Samsung so if it looks close to 480p I would definately lean towards KBOX.

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
I actually posted the same or similar question on kbox's board and didn't get a real answer and I'm not sure if people are not sure. It seems that the belief is that the prodigy can do 480p, yet the sonysat says it can do 720i.

It's clear that you have to have the right cables, the right television and the right channel broadcasting it that quality, but lets stay away from that discussion. My question is more about kbox, because their quality has impressed me, but I was never lead to believe it could handle 720i if the channel broadcasts it, yet sonysat seems to be indicating this.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6441
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_9BGy_PCzg

well this gives u an idea
george ur 52 inch is it hd?

offcourse mine looks very crispier and brighter than what its shown on the youtube..

Silver Member
Username: Sump

Post Number: 917
kbox prodigy specs are
Video Format: 4:3 letterbox, 4:3 PanScan, 16:9
Video resolution : 720 x 576 and 720 x 480

Silver Member
Username: Pulpfiktion

Post Number: 515
sump.....

u b good.
i watch u......ok.....

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
Ok
Looks like sonysat is claiming to be able to receive 720i and other standard definition boxes are only capable of doing 480p at max. I don't have a sonysat, but I'm reading that their picture quality depending of course if the channel is broadcasting in 720i like they do in some of the 300's that the picture quality is better than any other SD box out there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
480p is still very good.720i to 480p would be like comparing 1080i to 720p(both HD standards)and not much different from one another when viewing distance is greater than 5.5 feet(which is what most people view their HDTV from).Sada's youtube link showed how impressive the KBOX PQ is,even on regular channels.I'm assuming sonysat is'nt made Sony corp?Possible infringement case?????lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us