Comparison chart for indo/pak channel b.w k1plus, cnx nano..

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 6320
application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.documentUpload
Indo Pak channels list for cnx nano 2+k1plus.docx (12.8 k)

Gold Member

Post Number: 6321
application/mswordUpload
Indo Pak channels list for cnx nano 2+k1plus.doc (28.2 k)

Gold Member

Post Number: 6322
i don't have nfusion, so can't verify which channels are up on nfusion, so if some one has solaris and 118.8 , pls post indo/pak working channels list..

and if some channels that are up/ down and not added pls reply and add them etc..

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16779
Thanks, sada, for the list.
Three channels emphasized on the Nano list - were they emphsised because they are not there on kbox?
Also I would love to find out if TV9(Gujarati) is available on Nano 2.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6323
u are welcome nalin
807 is not up on both pro and cnx nano2..
punjabi channels are down on pro
while working on nano2 along with 2 new pak channels that are down on pro.

Bronze Member
Username: Cheap_trick

Post Number: 66
For actual and future needs of your ethnical TV enjoyment,
Go KBox, my Indo-Paki friends.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 6324
cool cheap trick..
that makes life easy,
if u have list for nfusion.. then it would be awesome.
b.w where did u get the list?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 11795
Cheap trick

You are a Joker!

Most of KBox Indo/Paki channels are available and up on Nfusion.

Please stop your BS!

Check before you post false infos!

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1290
http://www.nfusionforum.com/forum/faq.php?faq=channels#faq_channel_status
this is a link to all channels for nfusion that are currently up AND down.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1291
i have kbox as well....and nfusion is currently having more uptime than kbox

Silver Member
Username: Pegg

Post Number: 138
I can confirm all channels are up with nfusion except 576, 674, 678 and 748.

Plymouth: what's the trick to update nfusion using s/w through internet network? I tried many times, but it gave failed message?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11797
Pegg

Check on Bev for those channels!

The update server is close, you don't need to upgrade your receiver for now, if a new file is need, they will open the server.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6326
no not true .. when u say all channels that means channels with ppv which are not up..
so ur info is not ture..

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
Thanks Plymouth. I do not have Bev. Only Charlie.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11798
Sada

What PPV are you talking about?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6327
movies

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11799
Sada

Few PPV movies like Transformer and UFC event was provide in last weekend!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6328
so do cnx nano2
all 3 boxes are good..
nfusion have more channels and number 1 right now in terms of channels
kbox has less amount of channels compare to nano 2but more stable
nano2 have more channels and almost stable..
and cheaper compare to k1plus.. (about $ 40) cheaper..

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
sada,
I meant "all channels.." from the list that cheap trick has posted. Just a clarification to my previous post. So far, no receiver is up with all channels.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11800
Sada

How can tell Kbox is more stable?

Kbox is always down, we can see many complaints on the forum to prove it!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6330
not really, it had problem during the last few bins, when some interernet companies block their ports..
after the new bin 1.14 came , it was down for only 5 minutes
so i don't see any unstability
mine was working during people had issues with different internet providers..

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 16782
Plymouth: As of now kbox is very stable under 214 BIN

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11805
Sada

I agre that a good internet connexion can make the difference, Nfusion work fine now, we has problem only when the internet is overloaded, but with what I can see, the same problem happen on Kbox in same time.

Silver Member
Username: Vittu

Post Number: 365
I also have kbox pro and I have to unplug/plug my ihub daily. Nothing wrong with my router/internet since connection to Nfusion works fine. I am somehow start to like nfusion. It has all the indo/pak channels except 576 which is down.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11811
vittu

With Nfusion you only have to Power Off and On on remote to reset the connexion but it seem that on Kbox you have to reset the Khub which not work on Remote.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6334
this is great info from one of mods at ftabins.net.. hope it helps for buyers..
Super Moderator

Rep Points: 12261
kenmoresp is Godlikekenmoresp is Godlikekenmoresp is Godlikekenmoresp is Godlikekenmoresp is Godlikekenmoresp is Godlikekenmoresp is Godlikekenmoresp is Godlikekenmoresp is Godlikekenmoresp is Godlikekenmoresp is Godlike

Default CNX Nano2 v. Kbox..or....Kbox v. Nano2
Well, it seems we have a new player that has emerged on the scene. The Nano2 by CNX. So I had to grab one and see what it was all about. I have been using it for a couple of months now, and will say I am impressed with it.
And there are a lot of diehard Kbox fans here I know. I really like mine.
But many people are like me, and believe in having several brands. Myself, I just enjoy playing around with the boxes just to see how well they actually work. Once I have had one working for a while, I like to do an honest side by side comparison...

And I am sitting here flipping back and forth between my Kbox and Nano2.
So here goes...the one I feel is better will be in red print, the other in black. If I deem them equal, it will be in blue. As things progress and change, I will revisit this comparison and make changes. When I do that, they will be in green.

Picture quality
Kbox takes this one. I am still very impressed with the great picture quality of Kbox. I have yet to find an SD unit that can beat it.

The Nano2 does have a really good picture, just not quite as crisp as the Kbox. I have many brands of SD receivers..I would rank the picture quality of the CNX unit as a strong second to Kbox, better than the rest.

Ease of use and setup
I will have to call this one pretty much a draw. Both are very easy to use. Setup on both are clear and to the point. Set up on both only takes a few minutes. With the CNX unit, it did take a bit of searching to find the place to enter the LNB type, but this is not a big issue, it is just kind of unique, and it does save the step of having to enter the LNB type as well as having to enter the diseqc setting as it is all in one step.

Motor Controls
Kbox gets my nod here. It just seems that with the Kbox my dish and motor work a little smoother and a lot faster. I am using USALS on both receivers to control the motor. And the progress meter on the Kbox as it moves the dish between sats is a plus.

The Nano2 does a fine job moving the dish. Just seems a bit slower than the Kbox. This may be in my head.
edit on Nov 21....I revisited this section due to the fact that now I have had my Nano2 connected to my motor for a couple of weeks. I can tell really no difference in the motor operation of the two brands. With both, you have to put the extra digit(s) in front of the channel number if you have both DN and Bev scanned in.

Channel Scan
Kbox, by a nose. The Kbox is very fast to start scan, and the scan is very fast. About as fast as I have ever seen on any receiver. The blind scan on the Kbox seems to do a better job for true fta.

The Nano2 does a good job with the channel scans. The main thing about doing a scan on the Nano2 is that it takes it a pretty long time to start doing the scan. Once it gets started, it is pretty fast, just not as fast as the Kbox. When I did a blind scan on the DN and Bev or the true FTA sats, I get more channels with the Kbox.

Both boxes seem to have the filter in place so that you can rescan your sats without having to delete your channels in fear of getting a bunch of duplicates. This is great. especially with the way some of the channels have been moving around as of late.

EPG
The Nano2 get the nod on this one. The guide just plain old looks better. And in my opinion it works better. You have the option to download the guide. When you use this feature, you generally will get a guide that is populated for seven to nine days, and it keeps the updated info unless you do a reboot of the receiver. Very nice.

Kbox needs to do some serious work on their guide. First the colors. Looks kinda like someone puked a pastel pallet. And the font is tough to read. I think this is related to the colors used. it does look better and is easier to read if you set the transparency to the lowest setting in the menus. And then with the guide open, you should be able to press the yellow button to populate an extended guide. When I press the yellow button, it changes to channel 438. Sometimes it will populate the guide, sometimes not.

Receiver appearance
A dead heat here. Nothing really special about either brand to make one better than the other. Both are nice, sleek looking boxes. One thing I really like about them both is the small size.

Remote Control
Kbox takes this one as well. For starters, the Kbox remote is considerably larger and feels better in my hand. The buttons are laid out better in my opinion and easier to access. I really like the PVR controls being more centrally located rather than at the bottom of the remote.

The Nano2 remote in my opinion is just too small. The buttons are too small, and have to many unmarked features hidden in the buttons. All of the features you need are there, you just have to take the time to find them. Also, the remote for the Nano2 lacks the ability to be used to control other devices such as your TV, sound system or a recording device.

PVR
Both units have PVR capability. Both can used to record to a usb storage device, be it a USB stick or an external HDD. Both need some work done to the PVR. The Nano2 records fine, but has playback issues at this time unless you drop back to a previous file. The Kboxes seem to have some issues connecting to some HDDs.
Both have the ability to select a program from the guide to automatically change the channel and begin recording. With both you can go into the menus and set up a timer recording. With both, the recorded quality is equal to watching live programming.

Due to the issues and need for work from both camps, this is a draw.

Sound Quality
Straight out of the box, the nod goes to the Nano2...however..
With the Kbox, I was kinda disappointed. It just seemed muffled and quiet. Then while playing with the remote while watching TV, I pressed the yellow button and found the Audio Settings options. And by setting the audio level to HIGH, it gets better than of the Nano2. With the ability to adjust the audio settings, the Kbox is better.

Updating software
Both have the ability to update the software on the receiver via either USB or RS232 port on the back of the box. Both work equally well...a draw.

True FTA
Kbox again takes this. Simply because the motor controls seem to work a tad better and the blind scan works better.

With an improvement of the blind scan, the Nano2 would be equal in this category.

Menus
Pretty much equal. I can't think of anything that really needs to be added to either.

Channel Info Bar
This goes to the Nano2. While both have all of the needed info available when you press the info button, the Nano2 wins this because of the fact that the info bar not only gives you the info for the current program, but also gives you the info for the next scheduled program. Not a necessity, but a nice feature.

Kbox gives you the info you would expect to see in the info bar, but like I said...the addition of the info for the next program gives the Nano2 a slight edge.

IKS
Kbox. No question about it. Simple to set up. From what I can tell everything except the individual local area channels and PPV are there. There is virtually no freezing on the Kbox. And very little downtime, usually due to channels being updated. Kbox offers a great selection of DN and Bev programming. Great job.

The Nano2, is very stable and has a good DN channel lineup working on its IKS system, but only offers a smattering of Bev channels. This can be corrected, and I feel that it will be soon. I do see some freezing, not a lot and usually only for a couple of seconds, however, there is considerably more downtime than the Kbox has. I took into consideration that the CNX guys are new to the IKS game, and they have made great strides. I see this lineup being as stable as the Kbox system if the same progress continues to be made.

Both brands IKS setup is super easy, almost setting themselves up. With the Kbox all you need to do is set it for network and turn off the autorolls and go to the network settings screen. With the Nano2, just go to the network screen, press the automatic button and then do the IKS registration and it is usually connected. Very easy on both. Both have an adapter that must be used, the Khub for the Kbox and the ethernet adapter for the Nano2. The Nano2 may have taken this category if not for having to use the adapter.

edit on Nov 21...Well, as I said I would, I have revisited this thread after the teams have had time to work. Now it seems as if the Nano2 IKS offering have come pretty much equal with what the Kbox has to offer. Kbox is now just a tad more stable than the CNX system, and I do mean just a tad. There is very little downtime on the CNX side, and the freezing issues have been addressed very well. CNX has as many if not more Bev channels opened, and the same is true on the DN side of the equation. And for the folks that want it, don't forget that CNX has Globecast available on 97W. CNX seems to be very serious about being a major player in the IKS game.

File Support
Kbox. But this is based soley on the past experience. When we had standalone available, Kbox was one of the leaders in this area, usually having needed files out in just a very few hours. The last file that was required actually lasted nearly 4 months, until N3 came along.

This remains to be seen what the Nano2 team can do if we ever get a standalone fix. The Nano2 loses this category for the simple reason that it was not around during the standalone era to have data to compare. I know the other CNX models were very well supported. We will have to see what happens. This could change.

SCORE
KBox----------6
CNX Nano2---2
Draw----------7

Now I know and want you to understand that this is my opinion. But I did try to cover all areas. If I missed something important, let me know and I will check into it. And I made sure the playing field is/was as equal as possible. Both receivers were connected using the same brand cables to the same TV and dish/motor equipment.

This may seem like a skewed comparison, but in actuality I feel it is pretty accurate. Kbox has been around a lot longer than the Nano2. I know there will be improvements made to the Nano2 system...and in time, I honestly feel that if the improvements are made, the Nano2 will draw equal to the Kbox. I am very pleased with my Nano2 and have no complaints with it. If the IKS support continues on the pace it is now, and if we ever get a standalone fix, I would definitely recommend the Nano2. At present, I have the Kbox and Nano2 connected and working side by side on my main tv. I am constantly flipping back and forth between the two.....and could not be much more satisfied. I feel confident that I have two of the leaders of this "hobby"...for now, and into the future.

Bronze Member
Username: Cheap_trick

Post Number: 68
excellent most informative post, sada.
Here's my 2 cent c&p :

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 6337
good char cheap trick
except i won't give b+ for loyalty award to nfusion,
more like c -f for me..

loyalty is for me is like cnx team where u can give old rec to any official dealer of cnx nano and get $40 off
or subsitute to ur old cnx rec to get new cnx nano 2 for $ 100..
or kbox as they did free upgrade..

nfusion could have done similar stuff with their nova model..regardless of when it was bought / etc..

Bronze Member
Username: Sfh99

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 42
sada: as you said that any CNX dealer will give you 40 dollar off if you give your old receiver , does it has to be any specific receiver or any old receiver?. I have on SV4000 and one old fortec classic.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6338
any rec .. doesn't matter if u have pansat, or koolsat.. rec must be in working order means it can power on with rec's remote...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6339
ebay is way cheaper .
if u know how to bid and buy

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 11814
Sada

Manufacturer have to paid for get channels, the Nova was a bad receiver with easy way to clone, if I was Nfusion I will do exactly same thing and not support this receiver then give a good support to real owner.

More up time for Kbox is a sh1t because we all know that Kbox is always down and the best on Bev is Nfusion.

More up time (future) is a joke, nobody know the future!!!!!

I buyed a Nfusion because I'm convicted that is the best of all for now, but we don't know the future, that can be different.

Bronze Member
Username: Dj_prince

Post Number: 59
Hi guys i have kbox at this time i used to have viewsat but for kbox i had to change the dish and lnb. When we talk about cnxnano does it work like kbox? Or can we use regular 11250 freq dish pointing at 65.0 w to get all indian channel and i beleive it also has the ihub, does the price includes wireless power line for wireless internet or we have to connect with the ethernet thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 6359
ok ur post is sort of confusing
u said u have kbox , so i assume u have 118.8 dish with special lnb,
similar to kbox, cnx nano2 also works only on 118.8 and 91 bev channel so far..
61.5 dish won't work period.
price $ 170 includes hub, similar like khub

does the price includes wireless power line for wireless internet or we have to connect with the ethernet thanks
posted by Dj?

what do u mean? if u are saying does it work wirelessly the answer is no,
this box is 100% similar to kbox if u are comparing b.w boxes..

Bronze Member
Username: Dj_prince

Post Number: 60
Hey sada thx alot i got allthe answers i need. The last question was about khub how we can connect khub with power line and theb we connect it tothe router. So i was assuming nanocnx also works like this. Here in toronto they are selling it for $199 but we can trade other boxes and can get $50 discount. So the price ends up being same as kbox

Btw thanks for clearification

Gold Member

Post Number: 6361
dj the new khub v2 by kbox team don't need power supply
so does cnx nano2
but both khub and nano2 hub are plugged to router via network cable,

and k1plus is being sold for $ 200
nano for 199 but u get $ 40 off
so it cost around $ 160-170
so definatley cheaper than k1pro.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »