Nalin or anyone help needed on pansat 2500

Gold Member
Username: Satgrl

Dil Mei DarD a Jaga ...

Post Number: 1707
hey guys i have a pansat 2500 how do i convert my receiver can anybody give me link to direction and the files needed? i dont have one of those jtag wired so cna i do it without it?. and after converted what are the files called that u load into it? thanks soooo much plz help its urgent thanks

Silver Member
Username: Joeturn

Post Number: 337
this is all my search would bring up??

http://id-discussions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88738

Gold Member

Dil Mei DarD a Jaga ...

Post Number: 1708
thanks...anyone else?

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 15070
satgrl: Is it too much effort for you to download the files I have suggested and R-E A D the instructions?

Essential kit 103 for conversion to 103 LZMA boot Kit.
PUFF_LZMA_213 BIN included '" also Nick's V3 and the Jtag file

Alternative PUFF_LZMA link
Alternative PUFF_LZMA link

Download and unzip into separate directory.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS.

Gold Member

Dil Mei DarD a Jaga ...

Post Number: 1709
its too confusingggggg :-( hahahaha what is puff lzma is that what it is called after conversion?...do all files from all three links? they are the same lol..i get it ok...i dont have jtag wire so can i use regularr cable used to load bin fileS? reply fast thanks

Gold Member

Dil Mei DarD a Jaga ...

Post Number: 1710
ok i read through it Nalin i sort of get it but i had one quick question am i suppose to follow this part of the insturctions (becuz ive never loaded anything in it yet)
For those that have not used the PUFF_VER`1.0.2 boot this is what you need to do.

1). Open UkRoNiC's BOX Updater .421. Loader.
Open PUFF_VER1.0.3 bin into Loader.
Turn receiver ON and " LET RECEIVER FULLY BOOT UP TO ON or CHANNEL # ".
Hit download on Loader.

Receiver will reboot with P.U.F.F. P.U.F.F. and will get stuck on " F. ".
Turn receiver OFF from back switch.

2). Open Jvvh-Team-PUFF Loader.
File, choose Fwank7_Jvvh-Team-PUFF_(Lzma)_V207 bin., or similar PUFF_LZMA_207 BIN
Turn receiver ON and soon as you see the " P. ".
Hit download on Loader.

and what type of wire is used?????? thanks

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15075
If there is P. shpwing or your receiver goes to ON position, you do not need t Jtag although you can.
You need a straight RS232 cable for all recievers which were originally Pansat 2500, Pansat 2500 clones, or Fortec ultra.

Once you have LZMA BOOT version 1.03, for the repeated installation new BINs, BL 1.4 updater is preferred loader.

Gold Member

Dil Mei DarD a Jaga ...

Post Number: 1711
when i turn on there is no P showing on reciver only channel number so do i use these directions or the other one ..thanks 1). Open UkRoNiC's BOX Updater .421. Loader.
Open PUFF_VER1.0.3 bin into Loader.
Turn receiver ON and " LET RECEIVER FULLY BOOT UP TO ON or CHANNEL # ".
Hit download on Loader.

Receiver will reboot with P.U.F.F. P.U.F.F. and will get stuck on " F. ".
Turn receiver OFF from back switch.

2). Open Jvvh-Team-PUFF Loader.
File, choose Fwank7_Jvvh-Team-PUFF_(Lzma)_V207 bin., or similar PUFF_LZMA_207 BIN
Turn receiver ON and soon as you see the " P. ".
Hit download on Loader.

Bronze Member
Username: Brampton

Post Number: 39
lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 354
I have made a list, you must follow it is my personal instructions.

How To Convert an OEM Pansat 2500 to a Pansat 2700

By author joeturn at special request for satgirl

Before I work an any unit, I like to restore it to the factory default condition. This will help your unit accept the changes you are about to make.

Restoring to factory default condition will be the first procedure we do on your Pansat 2500A unit.

Folders First

Create a folder on your desktop and name it "Pansat 2500 Factory Loader and Bin."
Download and UNzip the "Pansat 2500 factory file 7/13/05 (236) w/GTRom Loader" from id-discussions.com into this new folder. Read the post by US_Cybernaut for information

Create another folder on your desktop and name it "Pansat No JTAG - 2500 to 2700 Convert via serial COM".
Download and UNrar the "No JTAG - 2500 to 2700 Convert via serial COM.rar from id-discussions.com into this new folder. Read the post by dssdude1956 for information.

Let's get started with this conversion project:

Restore Unit To Factory Bin and Defaults

1. Connect the Pansat 2500 to the computers serial port (9pin) using a straight through serial cable. (Do Not Use A Null Moden Cable)

2. Power on the Pansat 2500 by the rear power switch.

3. Open the factory GTRom Loader v3.32.

4. In the STB Model line type- Pansat 2500a

5. Left click the BIN FILE button and browse to the factory bin named- Pansat 2500A_050713_236_api(N).bin.

6. Left click on the factory bin so it highlights to blue color.

7. Left click on the OPEN button.

8. Left click on DOWNLOAD.

9. The Kinght Rider lights (flashing dashes)will go back and forth horizontally on the display.

10. The progress meter on the computer will show the % of the upload.

11. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING WHEN IT REACHES 100%. I repeat "DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING WHEN IT REACHES 100%". The unit is not finished with the upload. WAIT...WAIT...WAIT... watch the channel display until the Pansat 2500 reboots itself. The unit will turn off and then turn back ON again.

11. After the Pansat 2500 reboots itself, it is time to start the conversion from 2500 to 2700.

12. Close the GTRom Loader v3.32 which we have been using by a left click on the EXIT Button.

13. Your Pansat 2500A has been restored to factory specifications.

2500 to 2700 Conversion Procedure:

14. Now, it's time to open the other folder we made: "Pansat No JTAG - 2500 to 2700 Convert via serial COM".

15. Left click open the "Blacklist Updater 1.4"

16. Make sure BIN has the black tick mark and not BOOT. REMEMBER, you are writing a Bin file.

17. Left click on the SELECT BIN button. Navigate to the j27_205_1.bin.

18. Left click on the j27_205_1.bin so it will highlight to blue color.

19. Left click the OPEN button.

20. Turn off the Pansat 2500 by the rear power switch.

21. READ and UNDERSTAND THIS STEP (21) BEFORE YOU PROCEED.
.....Turn on the Pansat 2500 using the rear power switch. When you see the first light/dash on the display, Left click the WRITE BIN button.
.....If you have done this properly, the progress meter will start to show % of completion.

22. When the progress meter reaches 100%, it will say COMPLETE.

23. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING. WAIT...WAIT...WAIT....

24. The Pansat 2500 will seem like it's just sitting there with one light showing. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING.....DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING...

25. Watch the PANSAT 2500 channel display. After about 2 or 3 minutes the Pansat will reboot itself and b-75 will flash/scroll across the screen, usually stopping on the number 5 for sevral seconds to finish the reboot process.

26. It's now time to write the second bin "jvvh_208_1.bin" to the Pansat 2500.

27. Click the select BIN button on the loader and browse to the "jvvh_208_1.bin".

28. Left click on the file "jvvh_208_1.bin" to highlight it blue.

29. Left click the OPEN button.

30. Turn off the Pansat 2500 by the rear power switch.

31. READ and UNDERSTAND THIS STEP (31) BEFORE YOU PROCEED.
.....Turn on the Pansat 2500 using the rear power switch. When you see the first light/dash, on the display, Left click the WRITE BIN button.
.....If you have done this properly, the progress meter will start to show % of completion.
.....The display will show lighted dashes moving across it's face in a rectangular pattern.

32. When the progress meter reaches 100%, it will say COMPLETE.

33. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING. WAIT...WAIT...WAIT....

34. The Pansat 2500 will seem like it's just sitting their with lights showing. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING....

35. Watch the channel display and wait for the Pansat to reboot itself and scroll b-75 across the screen. usually stopping on the number 5 for sevral seconds to finish the reboot process.

It's Time Install The latest Bin

36. Open 2500-2700 Serial Updater v1.0.

37. Left click the SELECT BIN button.

38. Browse to the latest bin latest bin for the 2500 to 2700 converted units. (At this writing, the latest bin is Jvvh_PansatRemote_245.

39. Left click on Jvvh_PansatRemote_245 so it highlights blue color.

40. Click the OPEN button.

41. Turn off the Pansat 2500 by the rear power switch.

42. READ and UNDERSTAND THIS STEP (42) BEFORE YOU PROCEED.
.....Turn on the Pansat 2500 using the rear power switch. When you see the first light/dash, on the display, Left click the WRITE BIN button.
.....The display will show lighted dashes moving across it's face in a rectangular pattern.

43. When the progress meter reaches 100%, it will say COMPLETE.

44. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING. WAIT...WAIT...WAIT....

45. The Pansat 2500 will seem like it's just sitting their with lights showing. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING....

46. Watch the channel display and wait for the Pansat to reboot itself and scroll b-75 across the screen. usually stopping on the number 5 for sevral seconds to finish the reboot process.

47. Reconnect your Pansat 2500A to the Television. Set up and scan the satellites you are interested in watching.

48. Watch TV

Each time a new file is required to be installed followed steps 36 to 48.

It took me 2 days to write these instructions down I hope you appreciate the time I spent just for you!!!

PS:

Dont click on the link in the second post in this thread it is confusing&^%^$

Silver Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 782
joeturn,

It took you two days because of all the "WAIT...WAIT...WAIT....
LOL

Good post !

Silver Member

Post Number: 356
My personal touch Cybernut is a copy cat

Gold Member

Dil Mei DarD a Jaga ...

Post Number: 1712
joeturn thanks alot but these files that are listed are old and its making me confused..i have a question..how come the steps nalin gave me were just like 2 or 3 steps wats the diffrence..i was gonna use his..and i have a rs232 cable i was going to use to load those files...can anyone tell me what im doing is correct so i can move on...i am going to start with loading pansat 2500 factory file then loading this file -PUFF-boot_Ver1.0.3 . ..alright plz someone reply

Gold Member

Dil Mei DarD a Jaga ...

Post Number: 1713
its so confusing i opened the UkRoNiC's BOX Updater .421. Loader..that nalin provided.. and i select PUFF_VER1.0.3 bin but it wont load into bin it says fail i tried blacklist updater to load factory file that wont load too. i restarted computer checked wires and everything..noting working:-( im so confused...what am i doing wrong...i have pansat 2500A and i want to convert it to 2700A but i am using rs232 cable..and the last file taht was ever laoded into this pansat was in 2006 lol i checked..anyone help plz thanksss

Silver Member

Post Number: 795
satgrl....
Nalins' post above should be enough information. Just read and follow the instructions.

On a slightly unrelated note.... What color is your hair?

Gold Member

Dil Mei DarD a Jaga ...

Post Number: 1714
HAHAHHA..thanks rico..lol nalins post was enough i follow directions and it still does not LOADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD it says FAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ..i tried everything..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15077
If you follow the instructions of joeturn for Pansat 2500 conversion to 2700 you will have achieved a B75 conversion to an obsolete file about 15 month old.

If you do it on a PUFF or LZMA converted receiver, you will probably make it a Jtag candidate.

Since the B75 conversion there has been a PUFF conversion which also is now almost obsolete (Tronics software still uses it).

The only valid conversion now is a LZMA conversion for full EMU files. The latest full-EMU conversion file is
Fwank7_Jvvh-Team-PUFF_(Lzma)_V213.BIN

You must have 1.03 boot and there are instructions for installing 1.03 boot available in the
PUFF-Ver.1.0.3_Full_Kit

There are very good instructions for LZMA conversion at ftatalk.com site and this is where the main developers, jvvh, fwank67 and nick mty normally post.

Silver Member
Username: Mrgreg

Canada

Post Number: 383
satgrl, Are you using the correct cable(straight).What other receiver do you have.

Gold Member

Dil Mei DarD a Jaga ...

Post Number: 1715
i have SV 4000 and the cable i use is i think the rs232 cable to load the bins in receiver. i dont use usb for SV 4000 so i use the wire instead thats the one im using to convert this...Nalin is using hecka hard words lol...make it simple should i USE your instructions or joeturns? which one provides latest files ???????? i dont wanna make it "jtag candidate" whatever the heck that means..lol..i just wanna use regular rs232 cable. LET ME MAKE IT SIMPLE which instructions are easier to convert a original PANSAT 2500A to a 2700A without JTAGGINGGGGGGGGG

Gold Member

Dil Mei DarD a Jaga ...

Post Number: 1716
i have a 2500A last file ever loaded was in the year 2006..i want to convert it to a pansat 2700A last time i had one i killed it my pansat died...so i wanna do it right this time...i just dont know what directions i should use nalins or joeturns hahahahaha every site i visit has diffrent directions...its so confusing i am total new to this reciever converting junk..do i convert it to a PUFF a 2700A or a jvvh or is that all one name plz help which insturctions are easier without jtagging receiver i only have rs232 cable anyone

Silver Member

Post Number: 798
You cannot go wrong if you follow Nalin's instructions. Where have you been? Lost on an Island?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15078
Satgrl: You have wasted such a lot of time, by not noting down what you read or what you should know.

Do a print out of the following, and keep pasted to your receivers.

SONICVIEW USES NULL CABLES

PANSAT 2700 USES NULL CABLES

PANSAT 2500 AND FLU USE STRAIGHT CABLES

WHETHER NULL OR STRAIGHT THEY ARE BOTH CALLED 9 PIN RS232 CABLES.

YOU CAN'T USE NULL CABLE WITH A RECEIVER REQUIRING STRAIGHT CABLE AND VICE VERSA.

A CONVERTED 2500 IS PHYSICALLY NOT ALTERED, AND CONTINUES TO USE STRAIGHT CABLE.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15079
If you buy a new straight cable, you might forget which is which later on. Label them properly.

OR

Instaed of buying a straight RS232 cable, buy a DB9 M/F null adpator. Then you won't need to remember cables but will use one cable on its own and if it does not work, try it with the adaptor and the cable together in line.

Gold Member

Dil Mei DarD a Jaga ...

Post Number: 1719
i see so that means im using wrong cable becuz the one i use to load bins to my sonicview 4000 that is the cable i was usingg

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15080
"i see so that means im using wrong cable becuz the one i use to load bins to my sonicview 4000 that is the cable i was usingg"

Very good deductive logic and conclusion.

Username: Fry22

Post Number: 9
nalin i have not had any tv for two weeks and have not had time to read the latest. where if anywhere can i get a bin or keys to get my 2700a's up and running. where are the bins being posted now that future is gone thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
Create another folder on your desktop and name it "Pansat No JTAG - 2500 to 2700 Convert

Wait Wait Wait

Gold Member

Dil Mei DarD a Jaga ...

Post Number: 1722
what does creating a diffrent folder make any diffrence..haha...it just wont load with a rs232 cable that i use to load sonicview and viewsat bins..

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 9170
satgrl

joeturn is here for put down ecoustic with a new strategy.

So don' t listen him

Silver Member

Post Number: 396
Glad I could help! Now next one that ask how to and cant think,you can advise them as to what they should.You now are dubbed a guru yez like Plymouth

Silver Member

Post Number: 836
Create this folder in your desktop. Stupidthingsjoeturnsayswhenhesmokesweed

It will be full in no time
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us