Some dealers dropping prices

Silver Member
Username: Pukka

Post Number: 210
i really dont know how to take it, some dealers are dropping prices on vsu, could tgat suggest box discontinue on a short or medium timeframe?

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 650
It means Nagra 3 is coming!...and the future is unknown...so dump what ya can now, and take a lesser profit..

Bronze Member
Username: Muhhamad_loves_6yo

Post Number: 65
I can't believe people are still buying boxes

Silver Member
Username: Sitsat

Post Number: 183
When nagra 2 came, a lot of ppl thought the whole world is gonna end too

FTA is huge business, much bigger than before. I'm sure we will watch tv under nagra 3 too :-)

So just go watch some sports or po*rn and enjoy :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 12391
There are several factors.

There are industry ups and downs.
Also don't forget that USA is currently in a minor recession and there is tightening up of credit to dealers.
DN has announced withdrawal of support to old cards after end of November.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 4909
Good post Nalin
Keep your good work

Bronze Member
Username: Sid_vicious

Post Number: 11
minor recession??

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12397
According to Mr. Bush, the president of USA

Silver Member
Username: Satopia

Post Number: 254
what its going to boil down to is money peps if the business's want to pay to get it up in running and i know the demand for this is huge so yeah i know itll be back with n3 may take a couple weeks or months but yeah itll be back up

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18570
"According to Mr. Bush, the president of USA"

Tell me you don't base your statement from him.

A man soon to retire fArting through silk for the rest of his life even after all he did to this country, like so many in the past? You take HIS word for it???

I'd rather tongue an outlet.

And minor recession?????? I just lost 30% of my 401K virtually overnight. I work in the housing industry which means my job is at stake also. Wall street is a mess, as bad as its' been for decades. Our government shells out $700 BILLION for a bailout and it still fails to ease the markets. Illegal immigration still pulls on the kitty and unemployment is at its' worst in years.

Minor recession??????????

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18571
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 271
Let's imagine two kids given a single milkshake. They are given two straws, one for each. Now tell them that they have to share. It would be nice to think that they would be nice and try to be fair, but I imagine that both would suck as hard as they could to make sure they got their share before the other guy got it all. Now imagine that the milkshake is the American people, and the two kids are the two political parties. Both parties have sucked the American people dry, and then try to blame the other for the result. The 700 billion bailout was not 700 billion. It was more than 800 billion after all the pork was added to get it to pass.
If you are worried about the loss of value in your 401k, think how inflation has robbed us all of our savings. 1000 dollars in 1970 is worth the same as 5285 dollars today. To make it simpler, 1000 dollars today is worth about 183 dollars in 1970 dollars. That is a loss of over 80 percent. Lets see a more recent timeframe. In the last 18 years,
the Republican and Democrat parties have held power, and 1000 dollars went from 1000 in 1990 to 622 in 2007. That is a loss of nearly forty percent in value. It creeps up on you. Tax bracket creep gets you too. If it takes 100 thousand to equal 50 thousand you made twenty years ago, have they adjusted the tax brackets. I don't think so. Think about it. They all want all we have. They think of us as sheep to be sheared, and so far they have been spot on. Now the media has declared a winner for president months ago. The opposition party is denigrated at every possible turn, in every possible way. Will the American people be manipulated. Of course, they always are.

Silver Member
Username: Mucho

Post Number: 796
Nalin Nyda
Platinum Member

Post Number: 12391
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 07:19 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are several factors.

There are industry ups and downs.
Also don't forget that USA is currently in a minor recession and there is tightening up of credit to dealers.
DN has announced withdrawal of support to old cards after end of November.

Plymouth
Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 4909

Good post Nalin
Keep your good work

You two live in Canada, know nothing about this good old USA. Only what you read. Just like your knowledge on this FTA Hobby.

Silver Member

Post Number: 272
It won't be until the American people are stripped of all their comfort and Government given entitlements that they will begin to grow a backbone and say "NO MORE". Most of the problems in this country have obvious solutions. They aren't politically correct, but they are pretty obvious.
Immigration : Set up guest worker system where the employer provides housing and health care for the employees. That way they aren't a burden on local resources, and government doesn't subsidize cheap labor for business. Fine businesses into bankruptcy if they are caught intentionally hiring illegals. Set up a hotline to report those who hire illegals, giving a cut of the fines to the reporting party. Fine the reporter of violations if it is a false report intentionally made to harass a business.
Health Care: Increase the number of doctors and nurses to the point that supply and demand kicks in. Right now the doctors determine how many doctors there will be. Triple the number of doctors, and you'll see costs come down. Remove the illegal immigrants medical costs from the equation (see above) and you will no longer be paying 15 dollars for a tylenol, and the costs for all of us will fall. Require everyone to have health insurance that they pay for either through payroll or through the government. Make the doctors and hospitals present detailed billing. Anyone caught padding a bill, fine them heavily. Having a doctor walk into your room so they can claim consultation fees is as dishonest as anything on Wall Street. Make our Congress and all the government officials use the same health care system as the rest of us. No more free health care for Congress, no more free health care for Presidents once they are out of office.
I guess I could rant for a while, but it seems that few people even think about what is really wrong, they just want to be able to afford the big house, the big car, and the big vacation. I think that is coming to an end for far too many of us very soon.

Silver Member

Post Number: 274
Here's something else. We have to be energy independent. Brazil has done it, why can't we? We have the intelligence, the resources, and the technology, why hasn't that been done? Follow the money and you will see why. Who contributes to whose campaign in Congress? That is where you will find your answers.

Silver Member
Username: Mucho

Post Number: 803
I wouldn't buy anything.
I wouldn't repair anything.
Just stay with this Hobby and wait.
Talking trash will not change anything.
It's all free and fun so enjoy.
There will always be poor man's FTA TV.

Bronze Member
Username: Punjavi_doo

Post Number: 96
lol.

Joe Willis = Joe the Plumber

Bronze Member
Username: Newbie777

Post Number: 86
I want to smoke what Joe is smoking:-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12404
I am sorry I mentioned Bush. I am not a Bush fan. I regret that people have lost money on their Pension Plans and savings.
The blame though , is not entirely on the investment system. Over the last 50 years I have noticed a trend towards investing in the Stock market. There was a time when it was considered too risky to invest your life's savings in stocks and shares; these days, however, there is a lot of advice form reputable sources to invest in shares and the result can be catastrophic.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us