Sat Guru/ Nylin/ Help with Viewsat Extreme

Bronze Member
Username: Kc2007

Post Number: 12
I've viewsat extreme 2000. It use to work fine until a few days ago but since then I've tried everything and it would not work keeps saying "autoroll processing". I reset to factory defaults.. loaded factory bin.. loaded sat info. And then loaded latest bin without any change. Only thing I do notice is that before it use to go to some paid channel now it initially goes to the dish free preview "Home" channel. I do not know if that would make a difference. I've waited upto an hour for autoroll thing to finish doing its thing but it did not make a difference.

I tried all the things above and still it wouldn't f'in display paid channels. As soon as it is done scanning it always goes to the free dish preview channel "Home" and displays it fine but every other paid channel with $ sign in front says autoroll processing but does not proceed. Please any help from Nylin you or any other expert would be greatly appreciated.

I assume keys are always up to date as long as you got latest bin and autoroll on.
So what other reason could be stopping the picture to display when there's great signal strength 92-93% and latest bin installed. (bin I've is from 8th sept.)

Thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 3854
Shawn
go in menu key, nagra and delete all provider from bev and dn with F3 button on remote exit and save, dont do a hard reboot and reload bin file from ftahq.com and blind scan all satellites
Good luck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
My z modem cable? is not long enough to reach the Viewsat receiver so I'd have to turn power off after deleting all provider and bring the receiver close to the desktop to reload the bin. Does it make a different if you do that? Waht happens to the provider (dish/bev) if you do that.. Is there a chance of receiver not getting anything after that?

Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3855
Shawn

Note you satellite setting before doing this.

All provider come back with the bin file that you load in with USB port
I do this frequently on my Viewsat with any problem.
This is the best solution for delete bad data in your receiver.
You can trust me.

Do exactly as i mentioned in my post.

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2947
before you do the above,if you are using a switch then bypass it and hook up cable directly to receiver and see if that fixes the problem

Bronze Member
Username: Kayoss

Post Number: 79
Hey Plymouth...Nice that this extreme has a USB port. Mine doesnt!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3857
Kayoss
Sorry i made a little error
You are right Xtreme does not have a USB port, I,m very busy today.

Sorry Shown use cable for it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Ok I'll do it and report results hopefully it doesn't fry my receiver.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3885
Shawn
It work fine now?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us