DISEQC Switch

Bronze Member
Username: Potshot

Post Number: 25
Any ones of decent quality around? Mine keeps popping like popcorn.

I've got three users on my Dish Pro 500 for Dicknet and another dish for Bev 91. I'm using 2 22khz 4 port switches and 4 DISEQC switches. I know I could most likely get rid of the circus of wiring by buying a better switch config but all this stuff is for free since I work in the telecomm business and I get to scarf stuff all the time.

I'm aware of turning everything of while connecting and disconnecting them and I've went over board on grounding my dishes and switches since I've seen floating voltages coming off the STBs.

Of course everyone else on my little network is not having any problems at all but by the luck of the draw it seems my DISEQC switch is always the one to malfunction. I've even switched my Viewsat box with another user just to see if my box has some intermittent problem and is frying them but it works fine as long as it is not in my favor.

I think it is just a quality and bad luck issue. All my extra Pansat and Viewsat DISEQCs have crapped out on me.

Any recomendations?

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 3420
jim
Try to ground your box with house ground

I use this Diseq switch and it's the last one i buy

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/203010522/DiSEqC_Switch.html

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3263
Jim
- Keep D#N on port-1 as it's the default port
- Make sure yor crimps are good on all ports, snap and seal crimps are strongly recommended against all weather instead of old compression connectors
- All switch wirings should be RG-6 quad shield

Why are yo using 22k sw?
Many times it could be DISEqC protocol and 22k conflict

Try to use 3x4 switch and basic DISEqC switch

This sketch don't require 22k
Upload

Or list me all yor satellites, LNBs, hardware and I'll give yo best sketch for yor setup

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
That config wouldn't work for me. My dishes are both Dish Pro 500s with single output LNBs. The 22Khz switch config is the simplest setup since one of them will handle 2 LNBs. I'm using a Diseqc switch per STB with port 1 to DN 22khz switch port 2 to Bev 22khz switch. All my switches are in the attic out of the weather and I'm using good cable and connectors.

It's just the Veiwsat and Pansat Diseqc switches that seem to be overly fragile. My question is about quality and if anyone has a brand name suggestions.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3431
Explaine qualiy?
Little square in picture?

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2913
get chieta heavy duty switches

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
I'm not sure I understand your question Plymouth?

I have autopsied my failed Diseqc switches. They are poorly assembled,shitty solder joints,little beads of solder rolling around in them (Not good.)and they use crappy little .1uf surface mount RF bypass capacitors which seem to be the problem. These cheap ones like to short for no apparent reason which grounds out the base of the transistor that switches the particular port on and this of coarse overloads the reverse protection diode and causes it to burn up. I would have used a tantalum cap if it were my design.

I just didn't want to get this technical. I was hoping there might be a better manufactured brand out there. I'll probably just buy a handful of the Viewsat ones replace mine and keep the others for spares.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3432
Jim
I replaced several switch until the last which I mentioned

I blowed 2 Viewsat switch in only one week

Silver Member
Username: Mucho

Post Number: 534
jim beem
African, said to get chieta heavy duty switches.
Not always fault of the switch sometimes
fault of the person.

Anyway Jim Beam a very good Whiskey

Bronze Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 100
Chieta makes the best switches.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3265
Any DISEqC switch can work
"Not always fault of the switch"
Most generic D-switches are low power
Yo don't need high power with FTA unless yo have some short in yor connection

Yes if yo open a D-switch
All yo'll find LRC circuit (Inductor, Capacitor, Resistor)
Surface mount resistors, Zenor diode, switching transistor

Try this connection:
- This is up to 4 satellites to 2 receivers
- No 22K sw required

I would use 22k if each LNB is single not dual and even if that's case LNBs usually $10 to $15

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Well it looks like Chieta might be the hot ticket. I'm going shopping today and see what I can find.

Thanks Guys! I'll keep you posted.

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 106
Actually Spaun is best and then Chieta next.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us