IKS for coo*lsat in the works for all models & homesat, visionsat etc

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15382
IKS for coo*lsat in the works for all models & homesat, visionsat etc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

c/p:

new hope for older models fta
I will explain it for you all so there is no mistakes.

IKs type dongle that will work with 6100/7000/7100/8000/8100 to start with and they will get it to work with the 4/5/6 in a month or so afterwards or something else at that time. There was only 4 people in the usa that knew about it so its not hard to figure out who has a big mouth lol.

This dongle will also be made to work with other stbs such as orasat, homesat, visionsat and more to come.

Or cats out of the bag now.

Also I am currently testing on the cs8000 and so far so good. It works very well.

Most are preparing for the end to come or some serious down time with nagra 3. Go with what you know works best is all I can tell you.

originally posted by: Blind Scan.(an admin at coo*lsat site)

BTW....Captain has already released DONGLE IKS fixs for their 7000, 7100, and 8000 receivers..

Also the name Dongle is about as stupid as one can think of...if this really works and goes to other receivers, I foresee IKS getting shut down eventually!...sooner than expected..

Bronze Member
Username: Meyerlansky

NYCUSA

Post Number: 23
LK, what is a dongle and what does IKS stand for? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 3147
LK thanks for info.....
so can i use iks for my 2nd set cs 6100, what kind of equip i need?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3148
dracu iks stand for innovative key sharing, currenty nfusion , captian , neusat using this technology, ur rec is connected to internet,

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 111
A dongle is a thing (device) that you plug in a parallel or USB port to activate something.

It was once popular for software. For instance, you would buy a licence to use Autocad and it came with a dongle that you had to plug into the parallel port. Autocad would continously and at random check to see if the dongle was still present. If not, the software would stop working. That way, Autocad could be sure only one user at a time could use your licence.

The dongle of course was not a breakable device.

IKS stands for Internet Key Sharing.

Bronze Member
Username: Meyerlansky

NYCUSA

Post Number: 24
Thanks Sada and The Outer Limits. Now I am a little bit smarter.

Bronze Member
Username: Flu_guy

Post Number: 90
I think in this case the dongle would be an Ethernet to RS232 or USB conversion device that plugs into the back of the STB and allows it to access the internet directly (via the home network).
Htiek

Gold Member

Post Number: 3171
so can i use iks for my 2nd set cs 6100, what kind of equip i need?

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15401
U need to purchase a "dongle" (little small powered box) , about $100, from [link removed] they have perfecetd this for the CS..

right now it works on the Captain 7000, 7100, and 8000 HD

Dongle (IKS) solution for all Captain models

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain is now the FIRST FTA STB to have a STABLE Dongle (IKS) solution and the first to have a High Definition receiver working through IKS

Dear all:

It is with great pleasure we announce to you that we now have a working Dongle (IKS) solution for all Captain models. Currently the Dongle is working stable on about 220 channels which include all PPV and Adult on both providers. Also, there is one HD channel working on the Captain 8000HD to show that the solution is HD compatible. The rest of the channels will be added shortly!

Captain is now the FIRST HD receiver to work through IKS

The Dongle, as you can see in the attached pic, is portable and connects by serial port. It also requires power. (short serial cable and power cable included). Again, Captain has come through for you!

You can now expect many surprises to come from Captain in terms of new models. We are still working to make our Mpeg4 HD unit the lowest priced and most dependable in the market.

As for now, please use your influence and connections to create a new file section named "Captain Dongle" on each forum you are affiliated with

A LIMITED QUANTITY FOR OF CAPTAIN-COMPATIBLE DONGLES IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR SALE

Thank you all for your continued support

Team Captain

Upload

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1819
You can read this Thread for more info:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/471885.html

LK try to take credit again

Bronze Member
Username: Oniea

Post Number: 19
now how hard can it be to build one i wonder? serial port communication is not that hard. I would assume the reciever is doing all the work, and the dongle is just a converter.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1831
You can have program in receiver to drive directly on wifi connection or a outside communication board with wire network or wifi like a WII.(too much for many old box in term of memory and processor)

The easy solution is connect on pc work like a server with appropriated program for all receiver we have now.The program on receiver is very simple, when PC receive a data code from server download bin program and load new bin in receiver. Very simple.

BUT provider of receiver dont like this because that not give good sales

Not copy and past
Original from plymouth

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Oniea

Post Number: 20
now that is a great idea! I was thinking since the captain already has the bin out for it, all i need to do is figure out the interface. but ariza to satopia conversion at the moment.... :-):-):-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us