Is the pansat 9200hd a good recever

Bronze Member
Username: Bbford

Post Number: 13
I am thinking about upgrading from my old 2500 to a 9200 is this a good recever or would somthing in the viewsat camp be better i no a lot of people cut down pansat but i have had my 2500 for four years and it has been rock solid that is until i bumped the plug last time i was flashing it i no it can be fixed but its not realy worth it any more time to move up any way any help or opinons would be a great help thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15009
If ya want HD, then get a Sonicview 8000...or a Viewsat 9000...much better overall receivers and software support..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15010
Also keep in mind that Bev is swapping out cards now...and DN is scheduled to do same later this year...so U may want to rethink spending $450 for a HD receiver...the FTA future is unknown, and Nagra 3 is coming out..

I myself if I were U, and use to a simple no frills 2500, would upgrade to a simple no frills great inexpensive USB ready receiver like a $109 Captiveworks 700, or a CNX mini or a Sonicview 4000

Those are great receivers and inexpensive, and all USB ready, so no need fo move boxes, cables or or have puter next to receiver..

this is a great place to buy from too..
www.southcoastfta.com

Username: Quetoidalat

Post Number: 8
Pansat , viewsat, support better now,
testing Viewsat, pansat 9200Hd, and neosat ipro2000( neosat support too late) but picture look good, EPG good too)

Silver Member
Username: Deptrai_cachon

Post Number: 102
lk , what you mean swapping out card , you mean when they do that my current vs ultra will not work.. ? do I need new receiver (w/ card slot )when they do that ?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15015
At this point in time, nobody knows the future of FTA with Bev...Bev is switching to a new Nagra 3 encryption , ONCE their card swap is fully completed....at that point we will know the full effects of Nagra 3, which DN is also switching to later this year...a receiver with a card slot may be useless...only time will tell..

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1411
No need card all can be program in receiver like new receivers from Bev.
All new receiver from Bev dont need card
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us