61.5 with DP34 and SuperDisk (minus 121)

Username: Dhoorundher

Post Number: 1
I am follwoing up on LK's message below....in regards to a somewhat similar setup I am trying to make work.

I have 2 Pansat 3500, with SuperDish (110,119,121) with DP34. Most of my channels on 121 have disappeared....D* is moving them to 118. I had a 61.5 legacy Dish that I decided to use to replace 121. So now I have 110 and 119 from SuperDish and 61.5 from a standalone dish.

For some reason I am not getting 61.5 to work. Some threads tell me I cannot mix Legacy with DP. But LK's repsonse says I can. Also, where is Port #4 on DP34....it only has three inputs and four outputs.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 12:22 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First remove all switches and run 1 cable fron each LNB directly to each receiver and do F1 scans to ensure u are alignede at sats correctly...

next...use ONLY a DP34 switch ONLY....no disque switches needed..

NEXT

run the DP 61.5 to port #4

run the DP Twin with 2 cables ...119 to port #1...110 to port #2

run 3 cables from 3 outputs on DP34 switch to the 3 ultra receivers

now go into each receiver and configure the antenna/dish/LNB and switch port settings to same as above

watch TV

BTW...61.5 does NOT have many channels..compared to 110 and 119...

Silver Member
Username: Madflea168

Post Number: 320
dp34 is for 3 birds only, try to run just one lnb at a time to get set up before attach the dp34.

usual set up is 119 on #1, 110 on #2.

some box can't support enough juice to the dp34, you may have to play with or do a bit more search.

even tho some people got the dp34 to work or maybe they have more than 1 box running at the same time, but since I usually have only one on, my vs will not able to power up the switch, it will drop after about 5 minutes, I have to get a dishpro adapter to give more juice to the switch, or if you have dn receiver on port one would work too.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 14338
"Some threads tell me I cannot mix Legacy with DP. But LK's repsonse says I can"

Dhoor...U are wrong....NEVER did I say anything about using DP switches with legacy LNB's..

the DP 34 is exactly that 3 in and 4 out..so U can use 3 DP LNB's in , like 110-119-61.5...and 4 out, so there MUST be a port #4 out (which U say doesn't exist)...

Next tell the receiver what U did, by inutting correct antenna/dish settings...

BTW...DP and DP Plus are NOT the same..make sure U comprehend this time..or quit pulling my chain

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 2020
have you thought of replacing your lnb on 119 to a circular so you can get 119 and 118.7 for internationals,so you can get rid of second dish 61.5 or use it for bev on 91 or 82

Username: Ramssk

Dallas, TX USA

Post Number: 3
Last 3 months, I have not used my PANSAT 3500SD / Super dish with DP 34. Just installed new BIN (370). I'm getting same chaneel in 110 , 118.7 and 121 [junk channels]. I try to configured 61.5 (Echo 3 ku] getting some american channels ,PPV and sports. Can I know how to get Internationl channels (Indiaan) ? DO I need to configure any other satellite?

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 2037
are you not getting Indian on 118.7 ?

Post Number: 2
Thanks again everyone....and apologies LK...I respect your input......just trying to get a better understanding.

Eventually, I am trying to replace the 121 with 188 LNB.....I started looking for it....I found tow different types (part numbers) Eb*y. .tyring to figure out which one is right for me.

For now, I had the 61.5 sitting idle....so I decided to make use of it and get my channels back.

LK...in your original post, you say run 61.5 to Port#4....that's where I was lost. I will try what you suggested in your recent post.

DOes someone have the 61.5 dish settings for Pansat?

Thanks again.....and sorry LK.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14401
http://transatelectronics.com/store/118°-circular-10750-dual-lnb_P272

U will need this LNB

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14403
Not compatible with DishPro switches and/or DishPro (stacked) LNB's ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14405
CB 2008 LNB for the 118

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/ele/599142789.html

http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/100334796/Circular_91_118_119_Satellite_Dish_Twin _Lnb_Lnbf_Cb2008.html

http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/100334775/Circular_Dual_Lnb_Lnbf_For_Dish_Net_Bel l_Bev_Vu_Cb2008a.html

http://www.sindaltech.com/lnbcb2008.htm

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 9029
SuperDish (110,119,121) with DP34
Use the 121 Dish for 118.7. You will have to twist it a bit and perhaps install a new LNB.
Is there a cable going from the 121 dish to the 110/119 dish?
By the way, there is no such thing as an input port 4 in a DP34.
By the way, before doing much more, keep both receivers on and try to get the channels.

Silver Member
Username: Luser

Post Number: 110
When they say you cant mix DP and legacy they are refering to switches and lnbs connecting to a dish network sub box not fta. The advantage comes when adding receivers. With the horizonal/vertical TP switching on 12v/18v one wire would have to run from each receiver to LNB. With stacking all TP's on vertical theres no switch allowing one wire to supply multiple receivers via the switch of course and lnbs are being fed 19v while capable of opperating with as little as 13. Cheaper, faster and longer cable runs if necessary.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14460
Butts....Dish pro switches are ONLY for Dish Pro LNB's...plain and simple...

nalin's ignorance is shining bright about the superdish......

SuperDish (110,119,121) with DP34

"Use the 121 Dish for 118.7." You will have to twist it a bit and perhaps install a new LNB.

The 121 DISH, doesn't exist (its all 1 dish with 110-119-121),... and the 121 LNB will not catch low freq 10750 with circular polarity....LMAO

"Is there a cable going from the 121 dish to the 110/119 dish?"

The superdish is just 1 dish not 2 joined by a cable like nalin says....LMAO

SuperDISH 33.3"w x 24"h
SuperDISH
105: Specifically designed to pick up 105°, 110° and 119°
121: Specifically designed to pick up 110°, 119° and 121°

nalin knows NOTHING about FTA....satellite dishes or this hobby

Gold Member

Post Number: 9042
LK: Can you tell this person where the Port 4 input is into the DP34. That is what you want him to do and the poor guy cannot find port 4 input of the DP34.

Post Number: 3
Gang,

Thanks again for the input. I have been testing various scenarious....nothing fruitful yet. Here's the last thing I did:
1) Removed 121 cable completely
2) Connected 61.5 Dish to Port #3 on DP34
3) Connected (from the SuperDish) 119 to Port #1 and 110 to Port #2
4) Left the 110 and 119 on the box the same....verified the Port# are reflected correctly
5) 61.5 picks up no signal....I think my configs are wrong....but I tried several....nothing goes
6) Bottomline, I get no signals on any of them -110 and 119 as well.

My switches are outside....and it's was pretty chilly today..survived only for a few hours.....decided to turn in and report back to the pros on the forum.

Enlighten me....please.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14463
ON any 34 switch...there are 3 inputs and 4 outputs...moron!

show me where I said INPUT 4.....U can't, cause I didn't, and had I, then it would be a typo....azzhole

Gold Member

Post Number: 9044
"NEXT

run the DP 61.5 to port #4 "

That is in his first post as YOUR, the great LK's instructions.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9045
Dhoorundher: I guarantee LK will not solve your problem.
I have known LK address this kind of problem with a few shots in the dark and few pointers outside and then go away.
SHE DOES NOT HAVE AN ANSWER. AFRIKAN WILL BE ABLE TO ANSWER YOU, PERHAPS TOMORROW.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14466
NOT...my instructions...its 3rd hand

Gold Member

Post Number: 9048
LK:
YOU SLIMY ONE.

ANSWER HIS POST PROPERLY AND GET HIM WORKING. YOU BRAG A LOT BUT HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING FOR HIM.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14467
The first post is a bogus one from you!...using an alias...U are not fooling amybody, by taking excerps from my posts amd then creating your own using an alis..

I would NOT tell a Pansat 3500 owner to do a Viewsat receiver F1 scan...

Nalin , U've been exposed again!

Silver Member
Username: Madflea168

Post Number: 324
try to set it up one at a time with only one lnb to the box without the dp34, so that way you will be sure of that the antenna is at the correct place.

dp34 may require more juice to power up, I do not have multi boxes on at the same time, my vs will not able to power up the switch, I have to install a adapter to give more juice to the switch.

if I don't use the adapter, will loose signal and quality. since I got the adapter installed, there is no need to test the switch with multi boxes on at the same time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9055
"Mad Flea" has gone through this exercise.
Listen to him.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us