NFUSION & ISK

Silver Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 481
hope may be this will help others curiosity
C/P from nfusionforum..

There is lot of roumour going on if IKS is secured. Well shortly it is - and it is not. Just to give you few points on security with IKS:

1) IKS runs on centralized server that is a share point to servers which relay on this server. Your box is connecting too relays not the IKS Server.

2) IKS servers require UDP connection, not TCP. You can think of UDP as more secure but the real difference is that UDP packets travell one way (request is send from the receiver and then fullfiled by the server but there is no guarantee on data delivery of the packet from the server meaning that server drops the link with requestor as soon as it get it - it may deliver it later on however). The relay - is really a relay in UDP sense - (request can be made to one server but another server may fullfil it). Since there is no constant connection beeing open it is almost impossible to catch the very small (tidy) request and data travel from boxes to IKS.

3) IKS Servers accept only connection that has receiver id attached to the data package. No request from PC or other device can be made -this really gives much trouble in idenfying what is the content of the IKS package or intercepting it. I am not sure it the package it self is beeing encrypted somehow - but it will be easy to do if not. With encrypted packages even if someone itercepts it - taht would become useless.

4) For the providers to hunt you down they will need to know servers that nFusion boxes are connecting too. To find out, they will have to intercept the traffic from the centralized server whcih is off-shore (but hard to do explained before). I could not locate the servers by looking at routers access logs - I can only find out the servers it is connecting too --- and surprisingly i saw different connections (rotating relays) --- which gives me positives vibes about IKS.

5) All the providers can do is to look that your connecetion is making some request or data that is beeing transfered from a server has been idenfied as suspicios - but before they can even take an action upon it - the new server can be set and there you go another round of finding it out will be needed. This is time consuming and very very tidious and expensive task (not that the providers can not afford it). Even if the provider proves that the traffic from your internet connection is suspicios - they can not prove that it came from your requests from your receiver (they can trace back anything beyong your router/modem).

6) "Dave" did go to small people on the first occasion of IKS (more then 10 years ago -- ohhh yes do not be surprised IKS is nothing new --- it has been used back in Dave days computer was needed that will serve ready descrambled packages to the receiver using waffer boards - card emulators) - but "dave" had physical prove to against small people (hardware needed to make this function) - unlinke today (no additional hardware needed - so hard to tell if you are really wrongdoing something).

The final decision is always up to you to make. I do not wan to sound encouraging or disapointing - use your own judgment - do lots of reading - before you venture into somethign that may give you chills.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 6691
justice: You did justice to the discussion on IKS dillema.

Silver Member

Post Number: 482
lol, hope this cleared up the little confusion..

Silver Member
Username: Vittu

Post Number: 101
Thanks Justice. Now I have a better understanding the way IKS works. A sigh of relief.

Silver Member

Post Number: 486
glad to help...hope everyone has better understanding now...

Gold Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 1623
justice :-) if u owne one i will .

Silver Member
Username: Extremex

Post Number: 112
Soon there will be a new bin release with added features for nfusion for those that are worried about IKS.

Silver Member
Username: Jurj1

Post Number: 364
Justice, You are correct, lets look at this way.

No I am not concerned

Why: There is no way some one will tell you before going to the server owners first that you are doing something wrong

How is this possible, Well as you know DN and b3V may be aware of Nfusion BUT and this is a BIG BUT they have no idea who owns one. The information does not pass through DN or B3V it goes from your Nfusion to the Servers(Offshore) DN has there hands tied at the moment with Viewtech and panarex to go about suing every single company.
BEFORE YOU THEY WILL GO AFTER SERVER OWNERS YOU WILL KNOW WHEN THIS HAPPENS, AS MOST PEOPLE KNOW THAT SINCE DN IS GOING AFTER PANSAT THEY WILL HAVE TO SUBMIT BUYER INFO IF DN WINS
NFUSION IS NOT IN THAT BOAT YET, How many people do you know or heard of had this happen to them? Charlie is not gonna be at your house man

They will first try to make it illegal then if you still are stupid enough to not throw yours away maybe you might get in some sh1t, Because as long as it's legal and Servers are allowed to operate you have nothing to worry about. On top of it Viewing IP addresses of others is illegal for them too do, any ways how can they? will they hack your PC? This entire thing is simply getting ridiculous how will they know? hack your pc? Hack your Nfusion? that is all illegal.

AGAIN IF YOUR NOT SURE DON'T

Gold Member

Post Number: 1625
tony buying pansat is not illegal. it's fta receiver.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1626
tony you need to get ur sh*it togheter.

all fta receiver are legal. oh yeahhhhhhhhhhh. im talking about states law.

but providing the software to make it easy to watch free tv is illegal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us