Nfusion Myths

Username: Ncx

Post Number: 6
1) You have to pay for support - FALSE!
Support is avaliable for free at f2atv.com and nfusionforum.com

2) You have to pay for your connection to the nfusion servers (IKS) - FALSE!
You do not have to pay for the connection to the server.

3) Nfusion will not work a motorized satellite dish - FALSE!
nfusion controls a motorized dish just as well as a pansat, a fortec or a captiveworks box.

4) Nfusion recievers have a bad picture - FALSE!
nfusion has an excellant picture with no video smearing or pixelization.

5) Nfusion will never have a cardless fix that doesn't require an internet connection - FALSE!
nfusions coders have simply stated that they will not release quick fixes or "patches" like other boxes are seeing. Since nfusion is currently running fine wide open on Bev and Dish, no cardless (non iks) file will be released until a permanent solution is found for the current ecm.

6) Nfusion will not recieve True FTA - FALSE!
Any FTA reciever can recieve true fta, that was thier original purpose before third party software altered them. Nfusion can and does recieve true fta.

7) Nfusions guide does not update - FALSE!
nfusion has a full epg anytime you want it at the touch of a button.

8) Nfusion is not "user friendly" - FALSE!
Simply load the latest bin (v1.42) connect your coax cable, scan the satellites you want, connect your cat5 cable from your router to your nfusion and turn emu off. You'll be watching TV. There a plenty of features such as guide sorting by category, IPVR (recording directly to your PC), simple timers (just press OK on any program and the box will go there when your show starts) and of course the best feature. It's up and running on both providers ;)

9) Nfusion has slow channel changes - FALSE!
nfusion is currently changing channels in less than a second.

10) Your taking a big risk by useing the internet to connect to Nfusions servers - FALSE!
It has been said time and time again that NO server connection logs are kept regarding IP addresses.

12) Nfusion is over priced at around 200 dollars per reciever - I suppose this is a matter of opinion, buy a cheaper reciever and wait for a cardless fix or buy an nfusion and watch tv.

13) Nfusion doesn't pick up all of the Dish and Bev channels - FALSE!
If you scan your sats before you connect to IKS (before you plug the cat5 cable in) nfusion will detect all of dish and bevs channels.

It cannot be said enough, Nfusion support is FREE. Yes f2atv can get slow during high server load, but they DO NOT ask that you pay to access nfusion files or chat. F2ATV is the official release site for nfusion as well as a host of other boxes including Captiveworks. F2ATV has never demanded that you pay to use thier site.

If anyone has any other myths they've heard of post them. I actually own this box, I'm saying the above based on guesswork or rumors and I am NOT out to bash any other stb. I'm simply stating the truth based on my own experience with nfusion versus other boxes.

Bronze Member
Username: Adave

Post Number: 91
nice post

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 2409
10) Your taking a big risk by useing the internet to connect to Nfusions servers - FALSE!
It has been said time and time again that NO server connection logs are kept regarding IP addresses.

LOL... by who??? Who says this??? A salesman!!
Even if they DONT recerd it... someone else can. There are rules for internet sites like these. Using their servers. I will look into this some today. If it is safe, (i dont see how it could be) I would get one.... ill get back on this

Post Number: 8
I have run a server for warcraft, there is no rule that says you have to log IP addresses. As to someone else doing it, who? Dish is Just gonna walk in and take over the server with no warrant, no court visit, no nothing? Aside from that, dish could be running this site right now, so could dave or anyone else. You gonna stop posting here because your peeing your pants...I doubt it. Aside from that if your that scared you can proxy which in most cases is effective enough. Anyone who's that scared of getting busted needs a new hobby anyway.

Bronze Member
Username: Chessy

Post Number: 44
9) Nfusion has slow channel changes - FALSE!
nfusion is currently changing channels in less than a second.

well i would like to know what fix you are useing i am at nearly 3 seconds before i get picture from one chanell to the next ..THAT SAID I LOVE MY NFUSION ..

Bronze Member
Username: Ciscomx

Post Number: 14
The website cannot display the page

Bronze Member
Username: Boboshan

Somewhere, Out There

Post Number: 57
But is it true that they don't support their previous model 1000 anymore?

Silver Member
Username: Tale

Post Number: 110
I totally agree with Dean , the only thing I am missing is GC support !!!

Post Number: 9
cheesy, actually I'd like to know what fix your using lol Maybe it's the differant internet connections people have, how much activity is on the line, how far you are from the server or maybe even the routers people are using? I have 10mb cable hooked up to my newly built vista pc through a netgear wpn824v2 router and I'm hardwired with a CAT5 cable. I have a stopwatch and I've actually sat down and timed it. I wonder sometimes too if it's more of a perception issue, like watching a pot of water boil you know?

Silver Member
Username: Vndpatel

Post Number: 410
dean great post.

Silver Member

Post Number: 411
i got a question why is there a smartcard reader in the front of the nova? whats it for?

Bronze Member
Username: Prc

BeijingPeoples Repu...

Post Number: 24
Servers are not required to retain transactional records (IP, hostname, the descriptor of requested data, system configuration etc.) and can configure logging to remove such information upon completion of the request and flush any ghost data from the request from virtual memory..

Court orders can demand server records be turned over in the course of an investigation and cases are ongoing in the US that will require server operators to store such information in the case that this information becomes actionable or critical to an investigation..

It is possible for intelligence organizations to log transactions of nodes which store the user side origin and server side destination information..BUT this would only become actionable to an investigation if the strict access of such data (by merely accessing such) is a breach of some law..
This is extreme and would only be used by intelligence agencies after a escalation of security alerts..

Recently, at the beginning of the summer, Google and Yahoo were criticized by democracy advocates in the US for providing a certain Asian country with analytical tools to performing just such surveillance..

This is the heart of FISA and the battle between privacy rights and intelligence gathering continues..

Bronze Member

BeijingPeoples Repu...

Post Number: 25
All in all should be relatively safe..
I would gamble these servers are somewhere in the developing world far from the reach of jurisdiction..
Of course nothing stops one from having your servers burn due to an electrical fire and the virmem and hds annihilated every night :D

Gold Member

Post Number: 2411
I see ur points. I am not scared of getting caught. I just cant see the need in increasing the chances MANY fold. And for what??? A few more days of free tv?? LOL
Evedryone should have a back up. If u want one... of course get one... just know it isnt totaly safe. I guess nothing is, but u have to admit it is a much bigger risk.
Why not just get a card and 301 reciever? It works.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
what do you mean get card and 301 receiver just explain pls.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2413
a sub card (has to be right rev) and a sub reciever.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
Dantetn you talk about dn receiver 301 and sub card pls explain more

Gold Member

Post Number: 2414
i dont do it, but u can reprogram a sub DN card and jtag the sub DN reciever be wide open. Lots of people do this. Its up most of the time as well. U can read at dsstester about it.
atmega

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
so what is better nfusion or atmega. What is the cost for atmega thax for reply

Silver Member
Username: Jkmago

Post Number: 111
Internet Key sharing means it works thru Internet and takes our IP address.

Can someone throw some light on the security feature of Nfusion?
Do not mind spending $200 so long there is no security threat and it works well for Indian channels too.

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2415
read up on it a little. I am not sure anymore. around 200 for everything. card, reciever, programmer, unlocker.
I dont do eitherof them so i cant say which is better. I know the card and reciever doesnt use the internet. It may be just me, but i know how ip's work. U hear EVERY DAY that someone was caught by their ip address. Whether bank fraud, p0rn, threats, whatever. I cant justify the risks of those boxes. Some say they are perfectly safe... maybe they are. I dont think so. Just my opinions

Gold Member

Post Number: 2416
their security to u is: "we dont record ur ip address."

Gold Member

Post Number: 2417
just like anyone selling their product, they will tell u whatever it takes to get u to buy... then, when they get busted, with a court order... the police come in and record all the ip's they can get (while u are still watching tv). U have no idea till u get the letter, or knock on ur door. All for a few more days of tv?
worse case scenario, but VERY possible. Its all a risk. But those are WAY too much of a risk, and quite unnecessarry

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2646
A smart user can always use a proxy and fake the IP addy to make it look like they are from over seas or something. I myself have never messed with that before never had a need. I am going to study up on it some with the new dreambox just to be safe.

Yes the guys who got caught useing the modified Direct tv receivers for cardsharing a few years back were tracked by their IP so it can and has been done.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2418
exactly.
a rpoxy might work. I know there are workarounds for those. Would be the ONLY way I would do it

Bronze Member
Username: Bewolf

Post Number: 22
Any stb is only as good as the support it receives. I've had a pansat for the past three years which received consistent support. This IKS unit's support is via a server who supposedly is offshore somewhere. Otherwise as a stand alone receiver I understand it is sub-par. Does the map/card it shares come from a subbed card or does the server run the risk of getting zapped at any time in future? How reliable is this company or server anyway? Wasn't the founder of this company a partner in TesSat? There are a lot of unanswered questions here that go beyond the poetential risk of IP disclosure.

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
Hello FTA

You have been speaking well for Dreambox. Is it the best receiver currently? Can you just throw few finer poits of dreambox and pricing as well.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2649
I am going to spend some time today studying up on the dreambox so i will later today.

All i know for now their points over the Nfusion is:

they are up

they have GC

they can stream what you are watching over the internet

they can be a dvr

they are cheaper at $140

they are skin able

they are open sorce

they are lynx

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
Look forward to your post later today. Please do write about Dreambox in detailed.

Thanks Tester

Bronze Member

BeijingPeoples Repu...

Post Number: 26
Well, I don't think people should be scared..I didn't want to scare anyone..
Personally, I think it should be relatively safe..that's just my feeling..
The data going across would surely be encrypted and then the box might decrypt it..
I would guess that the data is encrypted across the network, then the keys are provided either masked in the stream or in the bin files..
This would make it a little harder to see the signatures of the data to an analyzer or sniffer..
Routing through a proxy would further complicate tracing..chained proxies complicate it even more..and using an onion setup would make it close to impossible to trace..

The thing about connectivity and protocols is that once live, there's always ways to trace..some will get closer than others depending on how well the route is protected and how well the data is smuggled through the route..

Bronze Member
Username: Stryker1984

Post Number: 11
Fta Tester

I appreciate the info you gave me on the dreambox the other day. But could you please give me the site you purchased a dreambox for $140 every other site i have looked at was much more exspensive

Silver Member
Username: One_eye_jack

Post Number: 154
Just like everything else here some people just talk without knowing.This friend was at my home
on Christmas day.He works for an agency, he will not say who and I don't care to know.His job
(8) hours a day behind the computer checking
on IP addresses.I ashed him is it possible to
find who the person is by checking his IP, he said yes if you know how.

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
Can you tell me how many IP address he was tracking in 8 hours? and what actions company would be taking after having tracked the IP addresses.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Ya, Yukon, my mother knew a guy who once told her he worked for a security firm and had the highest clearance. I decided to poke into him and see exactly what he did, turns out he was the janitor at a brinks office. How did I get his ip to start digging? He sent my mother emails. Yes, emails. You know, the email your subscribed threads goes to, the email you use to sign up for forums. Don't think your safe using webmail either, a guy pretending to be 16 talking to my niece thought he was safe using Yahoo. Until I called his house and talked to his wife. Don't think those anon mail services on the web will keep you safe either, and a proxy isn't 100 percent secure, far from it.

My point, you only think your safe. Everytime you buy something to program plastic, everytime you log onto a forum, everytime you talk your at risk. Live in a bubble or live, it's anyones choice. There is no safe way to break the law, if there was nobody would get nervous when they see a cop and everybody would get freetv. IKS has never been proven illegal, Dreamers have been card sharing for years on the Dreambox and yet thier still at it.

Nfusion is perfectly capable of a stand alone fix, as I said in post 1. They simply are not releasing standalone fixes until one thats stable is available. I've tested the autoroll and it worked perfectly fine. The "Nfusion can't get a standalone fix" is just another rumor started by people who are either to scared to by one, can't afford one or can't find one in stock lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2424
LMAO
All u have to do is go to www.whatsmyipaddress.c0m
u can find urself doing that!! U dont need to know ANYTHING. That guy is pulling ur chain yukon. Making it sound like he does something hard. These guys sit behind a pc making... decent money. Nothing even nalin couldnt do. lol
try it.
if u can find someone... imagine what someone with MUCH greater abilities and equipment can do... I dont care what u use... if someone wants to track ur ip bad enough, and has the resources, they can

Bronze Member

BeijingPeoples Repu...

Post Number: 27
Yukon..But everything that's been said so far indicates that yes you can trace IP addresses..just like your friend was doing..

But he should have answered like this..

When an IP is traced from the destination side or from a node, the IP ascertained uniquely identifies a location on an ISP server or route node..
By further ascertaining the ISP records one can find out which of the ISP users held that location at the time of the trace..

It is impossible to know simply from an IP trace 'who' is initiating the request, only the location the request originated and by further going down the chain, which user occupied that location at the time of the trace..

As mentioned above, one can use a proxy..proxies are not immune to IP traces, just that when you trace it it shows the address of the proxy, you cannot see where the user is located, the proxy is the end of the line..for more info you need to go down the chain..you need to get the proxy records to find out which IP location initiated the request from the proxy..
If there are chained proxies, you have to do this as many times as the chain is long..
This is the protection that was referred to..no link in the chain is immune to IP traces..it's just more complicated to find out where the request originated..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2425
the reason they are "safe" now, is because the numbers are low. Dave was safe at one time to... so was pta. the numbers grow, they find a way to stop it. If I had one, (iks box) i would tell everyone they sucked so noone would buy it. When the numbers are right, they WILL find u.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2426
... ANY hacking of DN's encryption is not going to be legal.

Bronze Member

BeijingPeoples Repu...

Post Number: 29
Yes, you're right Dantetn..If someone had the resources and the resolve to track IPs to end users, they certainly can do it..
No amount of proxies can 100% gaurantee anonymity..not even onions are perfectly safe..
Like that's what I meant about connectivity..you can only try your best to make it harder and harder to dissuade someone from finding you..

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 6542
If you have a web site are sharing a server, they will normally keep a record of all visitors to your site and make it available to you. People with websites use this record to show that they have gone over a certain number of visits and therefore, can participate in certain forms of advertising revenue.

However, if you have a web site and your own server, there is no legal requirement that you keep a log of all visitors to your site. The courts can order it for servers within their jurisdiction, starting after the . If a server has visitor logs already existing, the courts have the authority to order disclosure if the server is located within their jurisdiction. To obtain a valid court order across national boundries is not particularly easy even between EU countries and US. To obtain an enforceable court order for disclosure of contents in a Luxembourg server or a server located in a off-shore haven is impossible except where high crime is suspected (murder, terrorism, etc).

Gold Member

Post Number: 2431
u are right nalin, BUT if someone gets a court order to gain access to ur server, that person can keep it running for however long they want to, and THEY can start tracking IP's at that point. Nothing is impossible at all. Being overseas will help of course, but then again, it dependes on how many people will be using these boxes. If it gets very high...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2432
anyone know where these servers are located?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
The method of hacking itself must be proven illegal. No one actually hacks the signal, just the equipment used to get it. Just as loaders had to be proven illegal if used to load Dave or Charlies cards, FTA had to be proven illegal if loaded with modded software, IKS also has to be proven illegal.

The end user is the one breaking the law by using an FTA box loaded with modded software, not whoever runs the server sending out or containing the information for IKS. In order for them to be breaking the law, they must be selling devices to enable decrytion of dish or bev, they don't. In order for them to be breaking the law, they must be loading the boxes with modified software, they aren't. The user must make all the decisions and take the steps to load the box. Even with nfusion updating bins through the box, you still have to choose to do it. So what basis is dish getting that warrent on?

Add to all of that, the servers not keeping logs and the servers being overseas (if they indeed are) and the chances of the server gettting busted become miniscule. The chances of a user getting busted, little to none. Sure it's another grey area in the law, but this entire hobby got going off a grey area in the law. Even C-band, people messed with and watched what they could until it was determined illegal. Even then, many people still used c-band to decrypt signals knowing it was illegal. Whats the differance here? until the greay area becomes black or white there is little to fear, the company will be the first target, not the user.

Did everyone stop downloading music and movies when Kazaa got busted? Did everyone stop sharing files when bitorrent got busted? Did everyone stop posting in forums or talking on the phone when the US goverment openly said "we're listening"? Why stop using nfusion because of fear, seems a little silly doesn't it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6543
dantetn : Canadian Courts very rarely give ex-parte orders in Civil and minor criminal matters. Ex-parte order is one where a pasty can go to a court for an order without informing or giving the other party a chance to respond.
Even when an ex-parte order is available, the plaintiff has to make an Application Inter-parte, then he may not serve it and make another ex-parte application for a precise narrow order, which when he approaches the court, the court would usually ask for an explanation of whether th eoriginal Inter-parte application, had been served and if not why. The Plaintiff would have to prove urgency to get an ex-parte order. Even in urgent cases, the Plaintiff is required to show proof of mailing the Application Ex-parte.
In Criminal matters, a magistrate may order a search warrant without the knowledge of the party affected by the order. Such an order is usually available to the law enforcement authorities (not to ordinary or corporate citizens). Again, the law enforcement authority has to justify to the Magistrate and, in Canada at least, there have been so many prior decisions about "search and seizure" under the Canadian Charter of Rights, that in minor criminal matters, such Search and Seizure would normally be refused.
Similar protection for the individual and corporate citizen exists under the US and UK laws.

And finally, any court order can be about existing records if any, and about future record keeping. And the order has to be immediately served to the party against who the order is made. The order is to be interpreted very narrowly - i.e. it is what it says and no more than it says.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2436
Tell that to viewsat. They make an fta box. They are in court now. Tell that to those that had to pay dave money for BUYING a t911 programmer.
If and when the numbers are right... they will deem them illegal as well. To the end user. The box shouldnt be illegal, just any that are using that server.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6545
I don't have to tell anything to Viewsat. They have their own lawyers and, I believe, have pleaded "not guilty". Beyond that I have no knowledge of nor do I have any link to Viewsat.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2438
i used a decoder to get c band years ago. It was illegal. It is a lot easier to catch someone doing something illegal if that person helps out. ie... giving out ur ip addy
i am a firm beiever of... to each his own. i just want people to know the risks. Some are old women that dont know any dangers of it. Some are kids...

Bronze Member
Username: Snissar

Post Number: 31
u r comments make me buy one dean

Gold Member

Post Number: 2439
not u nalin.
dssmili went through this just a while back. They had their servers compromised and a BUNCH of people got busted for sub sharing.
All I am saying it is a lot riskier then fta boxes. It is an unnecessary risk for a little longer tv.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
dantetn The kids are probably worse than anyone lol and I wouldn't put to much past the old ladies either ;)

The bottom of Nalin's post reminded me of the TorrentSpy case. If I recall, they were ordered by a court to start tracking IP's of US users. Torrent Spy not only told everyone and thier mothers what was going on, they also appealed the hell out of the order. All before ever tracking a single IP. By the time they actually started keeping records under court order, no one in the US could even search the site anymore unless they used a proxy. Just about a Perfect example of just how hard it is to pull off something like that no matter who you are or how much money you have.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2440
i urge u guys to look at whatsmyipaddress.com
just look at it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2441
I really think it may be safe now, but again, what a risk... even if u get in trouble, u may get out of it. Still have to go through a lot. I wont buy one, but i am in no way an expert on this. I know what they are and how they are sent out. I hope I am wrong about these... I think anyway to stick it to DN is a good thing

Bronze Member

Somewhere, Out There

Post Number: 59
The lawsuit is against Viewtech not Viewsat. Viewtech I believe is the North American distributor of Viewsat receivers.

Viewsat produces a legitimate, perfectly legal product and is therefore not in any kind of trouble UNLESS Viewtech is found guilty AND the lawyers can prove that the parent Viewsat had knowledge of and condoned Viewtech's actions.

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
Yesterday you all couldn't even spell lawyer, today you is one. You people remind me of a bunch of old fucukers sitting in a bar and know everything about everybody that you have never meant and know everything about him.The friend that I have talked about, do you thing that I am going to tell you everything that I know about him. And dentetn you always running you mouth without knowing, No you or Nalin could never do this man job and make the money his makes.How I know, if you and Nalin could, you sure wouldn't spent all your time here Bullshiting.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2442
i bet u suck his d1ck too eh?
He said if u know what u are doing u can find out where a person is using their ip. I just showed u how easy it is. If it he knew it was that easy, he would have told u that. Jeez.He is a fake. "I will tell u what i do, but id have to kill u." LMAO Its top secret... give me a break

And no... I IS not a lawyer. I just semi know how things work and am skeptical about it. Thats it. I do beleive one day they will get busted. MY THOUGHTS! I dont have to buy one. I wont. I hope everyone who does enjoys the hell out of it... even nalin. Ur friend... LMAO

Gold Member

Post Number: 2443
u are right bobo, was just easier to say VS. Viewtech is the parent.

Silver Member

Post Number: 413
whatsmyipaddress.com

dantetn i went to that site and i have the nfusion hooked up and everything and i didnt use a porxy and it says i live in Hayden,MD, and i live in boston,MA

Gold Member

Post Number: 2445
huh? I dont know about that then. I guess thats good. I have done this many times and it has always been close. LOL
I would have to see it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
Like I have said you are nothing but a piece of loud mouth white trash, I guess you are white.
I don't play your game sucking dick, you mother fuucking home o. You are a brave piece of shiit hiding behind your computer. You old man wasted
a good fuucking on you.

Bronze Member

Somewhere, Out There

Post Number: 60
I have also used that 'whatsmyipaddress' in the past and it was quite accurate, however I just tried it now and it showed me in California & I'm in Canada!

I wonder if the site is working properly?

Anyone try it lately with accurate results?

Bronze Member

BeijingPeoples Repu...

Post Number: 30
I don't understand what all the hostility is about really..
Nobody is really arguing here..and honestly, this is a pretty informative thread unlike most of the others..
When you go to whatsmyipaddress and do a trace, that location is the location of your ISP or the location of the last traceable node of your request..so it should be close for most of us..
If you are using a proxy then it can't trace further..it'll say USA, China, Czech Republic, wherever your proxy is located..

These links are for the same site..one without proxy..
http://www.ip-adress.com/

This with a simple php inline proxy..
http://www.surf2acess.info/index.php?q=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5pcC1hZHJlc3MuY29tLw%3D%3D& hl=0

The IPs are different..surf2acess.info is acting as a proxy..which means that the IP trace reveals surf2acess details and not your own..However, this proxy is a transparent one, so your real IP flows through, IP-address.com picks this up and reveals your real IP in the 'My Proxy' field..
When using proxies be sure to use anonymous ones..which means there is no flow through..

Hmm about the Canada to California..I'm stunned..are you using a proxy?
If you think the site is malfunctioning you can check if it's reading your IP correctly..
On your computer, drop to DOS..like Run then cmd..type 'ipconfig' and enter..there should be two things, your LAN config and your internet connection config and maybe your intranet config if you are networked..check the IP address on the internet config and see if it matches what the site says..Even if you are using a proxy the internet config will show you your ISP designated IP address..it's your real address..So if you are not using a proxy and the site IP trace does not match that IP address from config..then the site is screwed..

Gold Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 1593
WHY NOT ALL OF US BUY NFUSION ,AND ENJOY THE TV ,. IF WE GET CAUGHT, WE ALL GO TO JAIL AND THEY WILL CALL IT NFUSION JAIL .CUZ ONLY THE ONE WHO HAS IT WILL BE IN THAT JAIL. WHILE IN JAIL WE KEEP TALKING ABOUT TV .

Gold Member

Post Number: 2446
dont think it will show ur isp address. it will show what u are on UR LAN. U have to look at ur router for that. u want ur "public" address.

Username: Rajman

Post Number: 1
whatsmyipaddress

detected it near Orlando while I am way up north across the border}

Bronze Member

BeijingPeoples Repu...

Post Number: 31
Umm would be there..anything that's assigned would be there..
LAN, Router, Intranet and Internet..
Your LAN will most likely have an autoconfig IP address..
Your Internet will have IP address assigned by your ISP..
That's how you can flushdns..and use release and renew when private networks screw up..

Bronze Member

Somewhere, Out There

Post Number: 62
Just tried the site PRC mentioned and it was bang on for my location.

So much for hiding behind a router.

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 1093
hun....so they can trace where i live....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2451
do an ipconfig and see what u get prc.
U wint get ur public (Provider IP). U get the one assigned by ur router. U can change those to whatever u want. Ur public IP is what is sent out to the net. 72.x.x.x. 66.x.x.x like those.
Ping yahoo.com u will get an ip addy. U cant ping ur 192 or 172 from the internet. Well... u can, but only from ur home. U can ping ur public from anywhere.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2452
A lot of people dont think they can trace u sada... i dont think they WILL yet. But if they want too. OH YES, they can trace it to u. Right now... all they would have to do is look at an IP addy on their server, and they can track it right to u. They wont, but they sure could

Gold Member

Post Number: 2454
I dont think even an ipconfig/all will show u ur public. Only in the setup on ur router will. Or whatsmyipaddress.com

Bronze Member
Username: Borear

Bessemer, Al U.s.a.

Post Number: 13
i dont know much but what i do know is the government has your ip address immediatly if certian key words are posted so what makes anyone certian of all the previous chatter about not being able to locate someone or something we are not talking about before caller id here.give me a break

Gold Member

Post Number: 2464
yeah, but those cant be used to get u in trouble for this stuff.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
What you post could easily be used against you, when the sat providers go after reqular people they generally sue. To be sued, you don't have to break any law and Dish or Bev simply has to show that you may have cost them money in order to file. People get sued all the time without ever having broken the law. What you post here or anywhere could one day be used as a basis or at least a partial basis to sue you. Dish dosent even have to win, they just have to sue you for enough that you'll be afraid to fight back for the sake of loseing. Sony, Paramount and the other media co's do it to people in the US all the time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2466
I agree with that, but wasnt talking about that. Barry talked about the govt logging an ip that was flagged by a word or comment. If u were talking about growing pot plants, unless that is what they were looking for... they cant touch u for that. Like the helicopters looking for drugs in the woods... if they see it in ur house using infrared, they cant touch u. Kinda similar

Gold Member

Post Number: 1097
so danten question is is fta legal or not..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2471
very legal
so are the bins... its when the two meet that it become illegal

Gold Member

Post Number: 1099
so danten that means people who sell fta companies like nfusion, etc.. those people who load bins for us to use (nfusion team );;
they can do it with nothing to loose etc.. but as we users (we are doing it secretly but on the other hand companies are doing it legally)..
how does that fit in?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2479
they arent in possession of both i guess. the files can do nothing illegal without a box... vise versa. we take these files and use them to decrypt encrypted signals we are supposed to be buying.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2480
i think the support and the sale are not the same company. Viewsat doesnt come out with bins for the recievers... 3rd party does... or so we know

Gold Member

Post Number: 1102
but nfusion does.............

Gold Member

Post Number: 2481
well, just another reason to stay away!! IMO

Silver Member
Username: Extremex

Post Number: 106
nfusion does not write or release the code for the box. The Pyro Twins are the group that supports it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6556
very legal
so are the bins... its when the two meet that it become illegal

sada: What THEY ARE SAYING is that if you have a VCR box or a DVD recorder and electricity in the house, it is legal. If you apply the electricity to the box and are watching legal DVDs or tapes, it is legal, but if you record a show from TV it is illegal because you are stealing copyrighted material.

I brought in the analogy to show you the irrationality behind the fears people are trying to instill in your mind.

Bronze Member
Username: Xpehbam

Greensboro, NC

Post Number: 61
just get the software to hide your IP adress. I did. Now My Nfusion it's up and running and my IP adress from China..
Cool.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2483
So... it is legal nalin?? Jackazz

Victor... IF tthey want to find u using ur ip from... china... they could. They shouldnt, but they could in mins.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6565
All the sons and daughters of the politicians of UK, America and Canada use DVD recorders. Have you looked at the sales of DVD recorders?

The issues behind the recording for personal use has been threshed out and it is perfectly legal.

WHEN THERE IS ENORMOUS NUMBER OF CONSUMERS OF A COMMODITY MOST OF THE IRRATIONALITY AND RESTRICTION OF CONSUMPTION IS JUST THROWN OVERBORAD

Gold Member

Post Number: 2485
LMAO

How in the hell did the question go from is fta legal to dvdr's???? I know how similar they are...

Silver Member
Username: Extremex

Post Number: 108
Viktor Borovik,
Are you sure about that? Just because you install software on your pc to hide when you are browsing the web, does not mean that other devices on your net work are going through the same proxy.

Also do you know what port nfusion is using?

Bronze Member
Username: Xpehbam

China, NC

Post Number: 62
Not Today. No! I am not sure about that ..But I feel safe..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2490
very true. how are u guys using the proxy??
i am curios

Bronze Member
Username: Ynkr77

Post Number: 46
You should feel safe you ask why. I know a myth the servers are in North Korea since Koreans made the majority of the STB's now in the market. You guys are safe and sound till the U.S. makes peace with North Korea.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us