Viewsat Extreme - Weird Error Message

Bronze Member
Username: Hi09

Post Number: 42
Hey guys i have a view sat extreme - and i loaded the 072212 Bin that was on total a couple days ago and everything was working fine today all of a sudden it shuts off and when i start turn it on right away i get a message saying reciever is locked - i enter 0000 and it lets me in but its just like an empty screen saying no channels - if i go to guide there are no channels there i tried installing a factory then the latest bin again but same thing - anyone can advise what i gotta do here?
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2389
yes you have no sats scanned now need to rescan all sats

Do a factory reset and then follow this guide..

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/424720.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
hey thanks for the reply
i just have a couple questions
- when yous ay factoryr eset what does that mean just install factory BIN or is there like a button some where
- according to the guide i have to write down all satellite information but I have already lost that...

- and as for pulling the channel list i have already lost that too so how do i pull the channel list?

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 6524
Install today's latest BIN over your current BIN.
If things do not work then install factory BIN and then install the current BIN.

You may have to do Antenna setup and rescan, so
NOTE DOWN YOUR ANTENNA SETTINGS BEFORE YOU START

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
but where do i find the antenna settings that i am supposed to note down?
thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
hey guys i just tried it - i installed factory bin, then installed latest bin, even downloaded the satfile and installed that - same thing it just sits are receiver is locked and when i enter 0000 to get in it sas No Channels

help please

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
okay guys looks like i got it to work - i just went in and re scanned EchoStar 8,10 and it seems to have worked although it has not picked up all the channels - is there any way to auto mate this so that every time i instal a new bin i dont have to rescan?
thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2427
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/424720.html

please read that guide it answers your question

what is your set up? lnb, switches everthing

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
thanks
i am not too sure where to get the information you are asking... but ill tell you what i know and maybe you can guide me if you have time

i scanned the sat called EchoStar8,10 and a result of this is i was able to start getting some channels but not all specifically the one i am missing are
621 which is ARY
678 Indus
567 Zee Sports

i went to menu - antenna set up - and was able to get this information is it what you are looking for:

LNBPower = ON
LNB Type = OCS-OP
LNB Freq = 11250
22KHz = OFF
TP Freq = 12224

i tried scanning the sat called EchoStar6,5 but that did not help...

if you can advvise what other info you need to help me out i can get it
thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2525
please let me know what dish, lnb, and any switches you have actually connected to the receiver.

I am going to go look and see what sat and transponder those channels are located on
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us