Has anyone tried this LNB?

Bronze Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 34
It's a brand new Ku Band Circular Dual output LNB with Dual polarization. It's designed especially for catching 119 & 118.7 /118.8(Anik F3) at the same time using one such LNB. Each Output gives signal from both satellites.

http://www.worldwidesatellites.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=250&osCs id=0c6eee7e79100651a56007c9c07a

They do say a 33 inch dish is required

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2302
It would be ok...

but you would miss all the FTA sats you would get with the qph-031. With the fta receivers not getting DN all the time I feel it would be a bad choice. You can receive the 118 sat with the qph-031 and also the 100's of in the clear international channels on true fta.

During the last few weeks with all the DN channels going scrambled so often I have always had the "in the clear" fta international channels.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Thanks Tester.

Unfortunately the international choices are limited and you need 1 motorized set up for each reciever.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2308
true on the 1 receiver for each motor....well more than one can use the motorized dish but only one can control the motor. What I am going to set up here is 2 static dish500's one for 119-110, one for 81-91 and the motorized dish all on the same switch. That way all the receivers could watch all of bev, most of dn, and whatever sat the motor is looking at at the same time..I have found that most people who want a second receiver will want it for the kids or wife. The kids or wife are more than happy with DN or BEV all the time so that set up would work out great.....

My new set up

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Ragi48

Flushing, New york Usa

Post Number: 20
Hello FTA Tester:
it sounds like you live in New York (in one of the Five Boroughs) I live in Queens and I need help setting up a dish for 118.7 and 119 for local and International channels. Kindly let me know if you know anybody who can install the 33" dish with an LNB or motorized dish to get all channels. You can address me on my email.
Otherwise advise me the hard ware I need (dish, type of LNB etc).
thanks and have a wonderful Christmas!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2332
Sounds like I live in new york? you are a funny guy I am located in a great small town located just east of Oklahoma City in the great state of Oklahoma....anyway

The install of a 31" dish and motor is very easy. Just as easy as installing a static dish..

We are still working on what lnb would be best to get all sat circular and liner...i have the qph-o31 and .. still cannot quite get that darn 118 to come in I have all other sats scanned but not that one yet. We are planning on fighting I mean working on it some later this week... so i will let you know the results...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
I cant quite understand your diagram Tester, since I am only familiar with dish500, dish500pro and motorized dish features. I am not quite familiar with detailed working of any of them and I would appreciate if you can answer the following questions for me please.

QPH-031 in you diagram is physically on the motorized dish right?

Does the motorized dish require inputs to Diseqc switch and output from Diseqc switch to pass through motorized dish? (or I am reading your diagram wrongly!)

Don't you need only one feed from each of the dish500 (for 100/119 and 82/91) per receiver?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2358
AS the diagram shows yes both lnb's in the qph-031 pass through a diseqc switch. This set up uses 3 single lnb's as well no dish-pro or dish 500 used in that sample. If their was dish 500 used yes you would have 1 out to each receiver for 110-119. The dish 500 is complex to get to work in a system such as that with its built in switch so we use single lnb's. With useing a dish 500 its fairly easy to add 1 or 2 more lnb's but not 3 like we see on that system.

Hope that clears that up for you

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Thanks. if I understand your diagram right

i) qph-031 is on motorized dish and other three LNB's are on static dishes.

ii) Motorized dish LNB's are connected to Diseqc switch through sw21.

iii) Diseqc is connected to the receiver through the motorized dish

Gold Member

Post Number: 2361
Yes you got it! I am collecting the parts now to change to that set up. I will have the motorized qph-031 I use now and 4 other LNB's on static Dish antenna's

Bronze Member
Username: Ragi48

Flushing, New york Usa

Post Number: 21
FTA Tester:
Thanks for the kind advise. Hope your town did not get hit by the nasty ice storm last week.
Merry Christmas.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us