Diseqc switch help

Bronze Member
Username: Asifali418

Lodi, Ca Usa

Post Number: 88
hi i m useing vs box.i have 3 sat one is 148 and other two are 110 and 119.my diseqc switch is pissed up but not complete its part 1 no more work so i put my 148 sat on port 2 and the other one is on port 3 i use dish 500. but its not work good on 110 and 119 i lost the signalwhen i change the cahnnel and then i shutt off for a second and then i on it then its work.pls help that i stilluse this diseqc or no this diseqc switch came with vs box

Bronze Member

Lodi, Ca Usa

Post Number: 89
pls some one help me

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 2081
The dish500 has a diseqc built in so what is happining is your receiver is getting confused with you adding another switch.

110 is always diseqc setting 1 and 119 is always diseqc setting 2 with the dish500.

As I understand it what are trying to do is very difficult.

I will go look for the set up guide for adding a LNB to the dish500 now please stand by.

Bronze Member

Lodi, Ca Usa

Post Number: 90
ok i wait for u r reply thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Dish

Post Number: 92
Check your antenna setup

119 port 1 tp 11
110 port 2 tp 1
148 port 3

Gold Member

Post Number: 2082
dish,

what you put does not even make sense...

Mike I am thinking you may need to change the dish500 lnb's to 2 single lnbs. Then you can use a diseqc switch to contral all 3 lnbs

Or get a DishPro DP34 switch and not use the Diseqc at all. That is the switch DN sells to add a LNB to a dish500 LNB.

Bottom line you can not ever have 2 diseqc switch's inline to a receiver. If you are useing the dish500 LNB it has a diseqc switch built in so you cant use a diseqc switch to add 148.

Bronze Member

Lodi, Ca Usa

Post Number: 91
yah i use 148 too i want 3 sat 110 119 and 148 .
thnas ftatester.where i get the dp34

Bronze Member
Username: Dish

Post Number: 94
The settings I gave were for a DP34...why the hell would he have to change his lnbs...are you saying the dp34 does not work on a dish 500?

Bronze Member

Lodi, Ca Usa

Post Number: 92
if i change dish 500 in 2 lnb.then can i use 2 diseqc switch i have an othe switch it same port 1 is not work i want use 2 switch one is form 110 119 and other one gose to for 148 and then i use other switch for 3 sat and one cable go inside for reciver

Gold Member

Post Number: 2085
Dish I would like to invite you to READ my POST. I explained in great detail his 2 options.

Nike,

you can NEVER EVER NEVER use 2 switchs with a FTA receiver the receivewr will not know what switch to control. To control the 3 lnb's you would need only 1 switch. An example would be pos 1 110, pos 2 119, pos 3 148.. Thats if you change the LNB's. I would just go get the DP34 readily avalible at many sites, ebay, or your local radio shack MIGHT have one or a local DN installer...

Bronze Member

Lodi, Ca Usa

Post Number: 93
thnkas ftatester

Bronze Member

Lodi, Ca Usa

Post Number: 94
sorry my bad thanks ftatester

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_viewsat

Post Number: 60
your azz

Username: Luser

Post Number: 5
You can use a diseq 4x1 or a sw 2x1 or a dp34 for 2 recievers. Hook 119 to port 1 110 to port2 and 148 to port 3 on your diseq 4x1.Then in antenna setup change tp freq until you have good q signal then the name of the sat appears. If its a match your good to go.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2113
Semore,
Those settings will NOT work if their is a Dish500 LNB connected like this user stated he had. A Dish500 LNB has a switch built in and a FTA receiver can only control ONE switch with the exception of the DP34. You suggested he add another switch.

The question was answered, the user decided to order the correct switch, posted his intention and thanked me. This thread did not need any more information.

Please read the thread, study the answers, look and see if the problem was solved, and then if you have usefull, original( everything you posted was stated in this thread ) educated input feel free to post it.

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 300
TESTERCLE , your port settings are wrong!

" 110 is always diseqc setting 1 and 119 is always diseqc setting 2 with the dish500. "

Silver Member
Username: Kirankumar

NC

Post Number: 291
Tooter sorry buy 119 is port 1 and 110 is port 2,anyway he can get a good used dp34 on e bay for around $25 inc shipping.I had to do that and no problem.good luck

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 301
THE FTA TESTER
Gold Member

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER , I WILL FIND IT FOR YOU !!

Post Number: 2081

Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 11:08 pm:

The dish500 has a diseqc built in so what is happining is your receiver is getting confused with you adding another switch.

110 is always diseqc setting 1 and 119 is always diseqc setting 2 with the dish500.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2117
Once again, This thread is over.
The settings I posted work with ever dish500 I ever used.

The question was answered, the user decided to order the correct switch, posted his intention and thanked me. This thread did not need any more information.

Please read the thread, study the answers, look and see if the problem was solved, and then if you have usefull, original( everything you posted was stated in this thread ) educated input feel free to post it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us