Viewsat Ultra Help

Username: Rohinivikas

Post Number: 1
Can somebody please help me out....

Hi, I have Viewsat Ultra and i put a new bin file from totalfta, the "do not power off" message was on the screen for almost 20 minutes. I turned the receiver off from the back and when i turn it on, receiver froze. It is showing me 4 dash lines and it is not responding at all. What should i do?

Bronze Member
Username: Silverlion80

Post Number: 66
try and load the bin one more time maybe it will fix your problem .GOOD LUCK

Post Number: 2
How do i load any bin now? Nothing is working. Receiver is not responding at all. Buttons on the remote controls are not even working.

Please advise how to load the new bin now

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
hey nanda here they had the exact same problem as you so read it all it will help .GOOD LUCK

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/415463.html

Post Number: 3
Dear Lebanon
I read that forum but that does not tell how does somebody download the factory bin onto the receiver. I have been using USB flash drive to download bon files. Since my receiver is stuck i cannot use USB also

Thats why i am asking how do i download factory bin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
do you have the null cable ? if yes try using it to download the factory bin then download the new bin .

Silver Member
Username: Oleg1474

Florida Usa

Post Number: 614
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 10:28 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Working BEVSoftware(Temp../ Bin Files /)

Hello everyone, we now have new working software bin files for the viewsat receivers. make sure you go to the receiver you own for the newest bin files

These New Software Bin Files Are For BEV Bell ExpressVu if you are NOT pointed at that satellite you do not need to use this software, dish users.

Viewsat Receivers:
Updated Software Bin Files As Of: 12/15/07
Viewsat Pro 071214A Bev Fix
Viewsat Ultra 071214U-1a bev fix
Viewsat Extreme 071214X-1a Bev Fix
Viewsat Plat/lite 071214P-1a Bev fix
Viewsat PVR7000 071214A Bev Fix...

Thank you!! Oleg PHD.

Post Number: 4
I tried downloading the factory bin file from PC to STB using Null modem cable but the progress bar doesn't move from 0%. It is keep showing me resending...

Please help

Silver Member
Username: Kirankumar

Post Number: 188
Oleg
you are a jerk.don't hijack threads,go back and stay on your stupid website

Bronze Member
Username: Cool4us

Post Number: 15
Vikas,
First switch of the reciever, open the file and then switch on the reciever... then it should work...

Oleg,
Where heck are the file man... stop posting if the files are not there...

Post Number: 5
i tried all the ways. Switching off and on the receiver. Nothing seems to be working. The receiver doesn't respond at all

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
Vikas,
which file were you downloading?and why did you power off when the message clearly said not to?

Post Number: 6
I was downloading .pgm file from totalfta.

I had to power off the receiver was stuck and nothing was happening. "Do now power off" message was not going away

Username: Barcham

Glenview, Il Usa

Post Number: 2
you will need to download the ultra boot file then the factory bin then the last bin

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
ok Vikas you need to get help from Nalin,he is good at this

Post Number: 7
I don;t have a desktop. I took the receiver to my friend's house. I was downloading factory bin file first.

Where is the boot file for Viewsat Ultra?

Post Number: 8
I was downloading factory bin file first.

From where can get the boot file for Viewsat Ultra?

Username: Barcham

Glenview, Il Usa

Post Number: 3
give me your email and I'll mail it to u

Post Number: 9
My email address is v_nanda70 and it is an hotmail account. Can you also send me step by step instructions how to download the boot file and then factory file and then bin file.

I tried my best but couldn't do it. Dude, i would grealty appreciate if you can help me

Why the progress bar doesn't move when i try to download factory bin file

Post Number: 10
My email address is v_nanda70 and it is an hotmail account. Can you also send me step by step instructions how to download the boot file and then factory file and then bin file.

I tried my best but couldn't do it. Dude, i would grealty appreciate if you can help me

Why the progress bar doesn't move when i try to download factory bin file

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
From where can i get the boot file for Viewsat Ultra? What instructions i should follow?

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1990
Vikas,

Just do everthing in this guide and you have no trouble. The "boot file" is part of the factory bin it is not a separate file....hope this helps

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/414416.html

Username: Dogbreath_67

Post Number: 1
i'm having the same problem.
could you please send me the same info.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1992
Tara go to that link it is a guide to help you...

Silver Member
Username: Satgrl

Post Number: 964
TARA AND VIKAS to get the factory file u can visit totalfta or ftabins*net ..just click on the receiver u have and download the file..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Ke5aqn,

I tried downloading factory bin. The problem is when i turn on the receiver, it only shows me 4 dash lines and does nothing. The receiver is not responding at all. What should i do? I am confused

Silver Member
Username: Satgrl

Post Number: 977
ok heres what u should do..open the loader select the factory bin..then click to load it into STB wait for 5 seconds and turn power on...it will work..or wait for first dash line and then click download...PC--> STB

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Thats exactly what i did but the progress bar doesn't even move and receiver is behaving like it is dead. Please help me. I bought it like 3 weeks ago. I have 1 year manufacturer warranty but i do nit know whether they will fix it or not

Bronze Member
Username: Ashim786

vikas... did ur receiver work... i'm having the same exact problem..and i dont know wat to do....

any help would be appreciated...!!!

Bronze Member

Ashi,

No. I don;t know what to do. Can you find out the steps needs to be done?

My problem is that i tried to put the latest bin and it said "Do Not Power Off". and it satayed there for more than 10 min. Then i turned the rreceiver from back and then turned it on. Now the receiver is dead. I can only 4 dash lines and nothing is working not even remote.

Bronze Member
Username: Ashim786

Post Number: 16
vikas...

i did the same thing... since the bin didnt load... i think it was since the fix was for bev ...and i have dn.

i will try and find a solution... however i suggest that you also try...since i'm not so sure i can find an answer...

Silver Member
Username: Steph_raven

Cartier is my boy toy!..., U wanna play... Canada

Post Number: 225
just a suggestion...are using the correct loader to load the bins...this happend to me with vs extreme....the loader i was using was not for the bin i was loading....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
i do not use loader. its a usb interface to download bin files

Silver Member
Username: Steph_raven

Cartier is my boy toy!..., U wanna play... Canada

Post Number: 226
I tried downloading the factory bin file from PC to STB using Null modem cable but the progress bar doesn't move from 0%. It is keep showing me resending...

Please help

this is your post...isn't it? what r u talking about willis? you lost me...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2000
if you all needing help will start a new thread I will address all your issue's one at a time. As for as I can see its just you are useing the wrong procedures to fix your receivers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Yes, it is my post. I thought you were asking me how do i download bin file to STB.

When i try to put the new file to STB thats when something went wrong. Now the receiver shows 4 dash lines and when i try to put the factory bin, the progress bar doesn't move from 0%
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us