BRUCE I HELP please . Cant update my CW 600S

Bronze Member
Username: Book77

Post Number: 91
Bruce, I have updated my 600S many times. But now it wont update anymore.
Before thisI have been successful many times. But it wont communicate with my computer anymore.I have not changed anything.

I use the loader and nothing happens.

Help please

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1257
Jim i've only updated the cw600 twice and i followed these instructions.hope this helps.what got me was step#3.

How to Update BIN'S by PC
1) Connect your PC and receiver with the Cable (Serial Null Modem) that came with your Receiver.
2) Plug the Receiver into a power outlet.
3) Turn the receiver ON from the switch on the back of the receiver and you will see 00:00 and then press the
"POWER" key on front of the receiver panel to make it standby, the LED dot - - : - - will blink.
Note: Loader will not work until you see - - : - - on the LED panel
4) Run the "CW f2atv_com v1.04_plusUSB.exe" on your PC.
4a- Select the right COM port where you connected your NULL modem cable usually COM1.
4b- Then select Download S/W
4c- Press Open (the Yellow file icon) and select the bin file, "CXSummerV1.51_14022006.bin" .
4d- Then click Start, and the upgrade will begin.
5) After finishing, the LED will display "-End"
6) Now Press Open (the Yellow file icon) and select the NEWEST bin file you have, for example lets use :
"SummerV1.56_FixChannelMaster.bin" .
6) If you need to install the Channel list as well go to step 3 below

Username: Ambangisssss

Post Number: 8
RTAP...may i know where you got these instructions from??..or are you able to paste the rest of it to install the channel list..thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
I have used the proper protocal . no luck

Silver Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 447
ambangisss,
you can go to any reputable fta sites.
go to your receiver brand name
and it should be there as sticky..
here is an example from one of the site..
you just have to register . Its free to register..
http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/b-font-color-00cc00-cw-guides-faqs-font-b/

Gold Member

FL

Post Number: 1261
ambangisss here u go.good luck

How to Update Channel List by PC
1) Connect your PC and receiver with the Cable (Serial Null Modem) that came with your Receiver.
2) Plug the Receiver into a power outlet. Turn the receiver ON from the switch on the back of the receiver, and
continue to step 4.
3) IF you are just continuing from installing the bin, turn the receiver OFF from the switch on the back of the
receiver. Wait 5 seconds, and continue to step 4.
4) Turn the receiver ON from the switch on the back of the receiver and you will see 00:00 and then press the
"POWER" key on front of the receiver panel to make it standby, the LED dot - - : - - will blink.
Note: Loader will not work until you see - - : - - on LED panel
5) Run the "CW f2atv_com v1.04_plusUSB.exe" on your PC.
Select the right COM port where you connected your NULL modem cable usually COM1,
Then select <download>
Press <open> (the Yellow file icon) and select the sdx file "_61-82_91_110_119_LEGACY_NO_CHANNELS.sdx"
Then click <start>, and the upgrade will begin.
Use This to
UPDATE SOFTWARE
Use This to
UPDATE CHANNEL LIST
Click here to browse for
Bin or Channel List files
pdf by rtoodee2 Page <<1 of n

Post Number: 9
thanks for the info...will try it...

Gold Member

FL

Post Number: 1262
you're welcome

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 689
jim where did you get your bin from try a nother bin from a nother site completfta dot com if that dos not work try to put the factory bin then the new bin 151 for the cw600s hope this helps

Silver Member

Post Number: 690
and jim did you try to load one of the boogies that where put out 2 days ago on othere sites the real bin came out this morning at 12;15 i think or just before midnight

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
No it was an older bin . A couple of weeks ago.
Where do i get the factory bin???

Gold Member

FL

Post Number: 1265
jim this link will take u directly to the factory bin.http://ftabins.net/showthread.php?t=2921
the current bin is CW600SV1.51.zip available at
http://ftabins.net/showthread.php?t=16071.good luck

Silver Member

Post Number: 693
if you want lots of good info go to completefta dot com it gets the file firt all the time and lots of good help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
hi...im trying to download the 1.51 bin now...but nothing's happening...1.05 loader is just on 0% and not moving...can anybody tell me what im doing wrong?...thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 694
did you unzip the file and heres the how to guide CaptiveWorks 600S Guide

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Created by Mrokarvi
Credit goes to Mr.CaptiveWorks and all others who posted information on the web; I just put together in this little guide to help newbies.

Also available in pdf in downloads section CW600s Guide
======================
1.How to update s/w by PC?
======================
1) Prepare a twisted RS232C cable(pin-2 to pin-3,pin-3 to pin-2,pin-5 to pin-5) or You can buy a null modem cable available at most electronic stores.

2) Connect your PC and receiver with twisted RS-232C Null modem cable.

3) Turn on the receiver you will see 00:00 and then press "POWER" key on front of the receiver panel to make it standby, the LED dot - - : - - will blink.

Note: Loader will not work until you see - - : - - on LED panel

4) Run the LoaderV1.02/LoaderV1.04 on your PC. Select the right COM port where you connected your null modem cable usually COM1, then select
<download>,press <open> and select the bin file, then click <start>, upgrade will begin.

5) After finishing, the LED will display "-End"

======================
2.How to Enable Patch or Disable Patch?
======================
Exit all menu, Press F1 key, the LED will display 'H', then press '000'

======================
3.How to Edit Patch key?
======================
After Enable patch key, go to Main Menu-->Installation-->Patch Menu

======================
4.How to Select EPG style?
======================
From main menu >system setting->system->EPG style can change
Normal: Viewsat/C00lsat/Pansat style
Scroll Txt: Old Captivework style

========================
5.How to configrure the SID sort?
========================
From main menu->system setting->system->channel No. style can change:
Normal: Normal sort order
SID sort: Dish order

===============================
6.How to Category Search?
(Available only in V1.41)
1) Make sure the epg is loaded- to do that just open the epg screen and see if the boxes are full, if not go choose any box that has no epg and wait 15-20 sec and it will be filled. ( you only need to do this once in the beggining).

2) Then exit and hit F2 on your remote.

3) Category box will open, just choose what category you want to watch and hit ok

4) After 2-3 seconds, a list of channels will open which are CURRENTLY playing these categories (every half hour this list changes when a new show is finished or started)

5) Next to the channel there is the title of the show, if you hit INFO button it will open the full information, hit INFO again and it will disappear. Just select what you like and watch.

7.How to Blind scan? (Available only in V1.42)

BLIND SCAN function can be accessed by going to
From main menu-> Installation -> selecting the satellite that you want blind scan and press F1 key on your remote.

=========================
8.How to Clone CW600s Box to Box?
=========================
From DigitalPlus:
1) Connect the master and slave box with twist RS232 null modem cable (pin2 to pin3, pin3 to pin2, pin5 to pin5).
2) Start the master receiver and press "POWER" key to make it standby "- - : - -".
3) Start the slave receiver, in the master box the led will display 'H' and blink it.
4) Input the password:
111 ---- Transfer S/W
222 ---- Transfer data
333 ---- Transfer data, then S/W
444 ---- Copy whole flash except Boot Loader.
5) After finishing inputting the password. Transfer will begin. When it finish, the LED will Display "-End". Disconnect the cable, start your receiver.
Note: By the different password, you can do what ever you want to do for Box to Box.

============================
9.How to set DishPro LNBs?
(Available only in V1.43)
===========================
DishPro LNB settings can be accessed by going to
Main Manu-> Installation-> Antenna Setting-> 5th Option LNB type

10.How to Set Legacy SW21/42/44/ Switch?
(Available only in V1.43)
Legacy Switches settings can be accessed by going to
Main Manu-> Installation-> Antenna Settings->4th Option Legacy SW
Set the type of switch you got on your dish setup. Don't forget to set DISCQ setting to none otherwise it will not work properly.

11.How to set channel lock on certain channels?
Channels can be locked by going to
Main Manu->Channels Manager->channels Edit ->go to that specific channel you want to put lock on and press blue key on your remote.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
yes i unzipped the file...does it take a while for it to start dl-ing?...LED dot is just on blink....and loader says 0%...other thing too...i hooked it up at the back of the pc..at the bottom...is that COM 1?..thanks for your reply bruce...

Silver Member

Post Number: 695
are you using the right cable from pc to box did you put in bin befor with that cable if not you might be using the wong cable or try different com try 2 or 3 then 4 it will not hurt it just wont move and the cables for the boxes look the same one is DB9 the other one for cw is null 232

Username: Kanishk

Post Number: 5
ambangisss,
you can try to load in boot mode. Hold the power button in the front and flip the back power switch. It should say boot in the front. Now hit the start on your pc. hope this works.

Username: Kelly8888

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I have a dish aimed at 121W with CW600P. Could anyone help me to load channel list, if there is one, for this bird???

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 697
go to completefta dot com you will find what you are looking for i think if not ask there
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us