How to split dish signal

Username: Ratirao

Post Number: 6
I would like to split dish signals one i want to give to my original dish receiver and another to viewsat. is it possible? how do i do it? i want to do this so i can use my original receiver during blackout period.

Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 1328
depends GREATLY on your dish you have what parts-switches you would need.

Do you have a subscription to DN now?

Silver Member
Username: Chrisduclo

Post Number: 115
the answer is that you need only an a/b switch... it is the most simple and practicle switch to use for this purpose

Gold Member

Post Number: 1330
Chris,

Thanks for trying to help but, its way more complicated than that if he has a dish500 or something..

Lets let him answer the first question I asked and then go from their. Its best to try to get all the set up information then determine what parts will be needed. I would hate to see him read that, drive 150 miles, pay &&, drive home 150 miles, just to find out because the problem was diagnosed with so little information the part he just got will not work...It has happened in here before.

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
he only wants to use one box at a time in one room for one tv. it doesnt matter what his setup is... only an a/b switch is needed for the two boxes... so long as only one box is on at a time.

Post Number: 7
Thanks guys

first! i am she!!!
second: I have dish 500 with DP44 switch.
Third: i do have a DN Subscription.

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1334
how is it set up now? are you useing both DN and FTA now?

Username: Digger384

Post Number: 1
Guess she told you!!

Post Number: 8
well i have one superdish 22 with 118 and 119, 110 and another one for 148, all goto dp 44 and each one is connected to different rooms. i want to conenct both viewsat and dn receiver so dn gets updated if blackout occurs so my receiver doesn't becomes inactive and i don't have to reactive it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
if you want to alternate between boxes to the same tv... all you need is a simple a/b switch.
unless you are asking for something other than this.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1336
Is their a extra port on the dp44 ? I still need to know do you use both the FTA and DN at the same time now?

Post Number: 9
well i don't want to use them at the same time. but if i use A/B switch then my DN box will not be updated when they change software or ECM. It will result in deactivating of smart card if i don't use it for a long time, so i want to do is update DN at the same time when change occurs.

I don't have an extra port.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 5533
dp44 has 4 inputs (sat) and 4 outputs receivers.
There WILL be a spare output on the DP44. Bring a new cable down from it and both will be active on two cables.
Always have the DN receiver ON to supply poser to the switch and LNBs, even when you are not using it.
Do a google on dp44 and you will see th ediagram.

Post Number: 10
so if i don't have extra spare port i can't use splitter or something?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1337
I read that part about you not wanting to disconnect the DN receiver.. that switch Chris wants you to use will not work.

Nalin is more experanced with your situation than I am. I am hopping he can help you from here to get it all working...

I would just advice to use a different antenna for the FTA receiver I have found it is very hard to get the DN receivers and FTA receivers to work together that way. Of corce the best way to enjoy and receive every sat available for a FTA receiver is a Motorized dish..Their are over 15 sat's you are missing with your set up and about 1500 channels....now that I can help you set up.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
hmmm.... i have no idea to do wire things up! i am not very techie. how much it will cost me to setup? Do i need bins if i use true FTA? do i have to adjust antenna manually everytime? do they have internation (hindi) programs on FTA? PPV on fta? All i use viewsat if for hindi / punjabi and cricket.

I wouldn't mind using dish but they are tooo expensive. toooooooooooooo expensive for monthly programs. like they want to become bill gates overnight.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5537
Rati Kaur : I just said "dp44 has 4 inputs (sat) and 4 outputs for receivers."
Where did you read that you do not have enough output ports?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
well each port goes to different rooms. so i have four rooms.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1339
Well Rati then you would def LOVE the international channels on FTA....

No no bin's are needed the channels on true FTA are "in the clear" so that also means they work all the time 100%

With a motor mounted on a dish the receiver can move the dish to point to the sat you need to watch the channel you have chosen. It take about 2 hours to set up the first time then after that its as easy as just watching tv....

Here is info I have that I copy and Paste all the time here

The best set up for FTA is a 31" dish, Motor, and proper lnb for DBS ( dn-bev ) and true FTA ( QTH-031 ).....

Their are 31 sat's out their with programing on them with over 2500 channels you can get with a clear sky and that set up......

Cost is around $150 and set up is very easey most times easer than all the switching required with using 2 dishes to just get a few sat's...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5541
You said in your original post
"i want to give to my original dish receiver and another to viewsat. "
I did not see more than 2 receiver in there.
You better start again with what ALL your needs are.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1340
Also if each port is being used then you will need to set up a diferant antenna I would say would be the easiest..Like I said you start trying to mix subbed DN receivers and a fta receiver and it gets into a nightmare of switches and settings in the FTA antenna settings menu..also you could get close to spending the same amount of $ you would have to just go get a motorized antenna. I would hate to see you damage one of your DN receivers eather those are not cheap to get repaired and.....here comes the installers to fix it for ya...thats scary too Might as well call DN now and tell them you have been watching PPV and stuff for free....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Nalinji

I have 3 dishnet receivers and 2 viewsat. out of which 4 are plugged in.

FTA tester

where can i get details about setting up True FTA? with all nitty gritty details? including setting up, where to buy stuff from? what to buy.

Bronze Member
Username: Newbie777

Post Number: 25
Send one of those DN receivers back and you will be okay. Unless you really want 5 receivers going at the same time.

When FTA is down, use a splitter on the output and watch DN on all 4 TVs.

This won't cost you anything. Also you should save 5 bucks a month when you return the DN receiver( $10 if it is a DVR)

:-)

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1272
just use a dp 34 switch and feed both recievers.the dp 34 will allow you to feed up to 4 recivers.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 5603
RTAP : Why do you have to jump in when you do not know anything about it? You are always interfering in other people's threads.
READ WHAT SHE SAID
I have dish 500 with DP44 switch.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1407
He was trying to help yes but, if he would have read the entire thread she said she has 4 receivers and a switch just like that one. In the end she decided to go get a different antenna set up for the fta receiver. I do wish people would at least read the thread top to bottom, think then add information if it is needed.

Bronze Member
Username: Reach_honey

Post Number: 65
I'm in the same boat except. I only have one DN receiver and one Viewsat.DISH network guys installed Dish on my roof. Both dish has two LNB's. On one Dish it is using 110 and 119 and second is only using 148(Other one is empty).
Cable from each Dish goes to another one and one cable comes out from each dish. That goes into DISH prvided Switch(as two inputs) which will bring one output and it goes to utility box outside of my house.
Then Dish from inside hom used another switch to hook up my 2 bedrooms. So from wall I get one cable which goes into Switch again and it has 2 out puts. One output goes into receiver as 1st Dish and other goes as 2nd Dish.

So I;'m also looking at solution....
Nalin any help

Gold Member

Post Number: 1411
Simple...leave the dish install alone and get a better set up for your viewsat. Only getting 3 sat's with a FTA receiver is a waist.

The best set up for FTA is a 31" dish, Motor, and proper lnb for DBS ( dn-bev ) and true FTA ( QTH-031 the best LNB ).....and your receiver

Their are 31 sat's out their with programing on them with over 2500 channels you can get with a clear sky and that set up......

Cost is around $150 and set up is very easey most times easer than all the switching required with using 2 dishes to just get a few sat's...

Gold Member

FL

Post Number: 1276
hey nalin let me tell u something i have tried to stay away from u and not bash u.and i will continue to try to help people here even though i know u will be waiting for me to mess up and point it out to me.in any way did my post not try to help this person.or do u think i have all day just to sit in front of the computer to read every post.a lot of people here don't know the many wrong post u have given here but i do.lets get something straight u stay out of my way and i will stay out of yours.lets just try to help the ones that need it.if people here don't appreciate my help then i will stop helping.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1419
RTAP,

Its cool to help but if you want to help start by reading the entire thread then you will have all the information before posting a solution.

It has nothing to do with you and another users personal problems.

Its kinda like going to a tire shop with a flat in the trunk that the guy cant see and he say's as soon as you pull up I can fix your problem you need new wipers.....see he did not get all the information first and now sounds like a.......

Gold Member

FL

Post Number: 1278
hey TFT i have no issues with u.and i fuuccked up this time,but have u seen this happen to me often.everyone is here helping on their own free will,no one is obligated here to help.i come here everyday to help like u.i guaranteed everyone here has posted something wrong.its the way someone says something(theres always the correct way and the incorrect way of saying something.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5609
reach honey: You said "Cable from each Dish goes to another one and one cable comes out from each dish."
Did you mean to say that the cable from the Dish with 148w goes into the other dish and then the two cables of the 119/110 Dish go to a switch?
Please be a little more precise.

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 262
why can't the dn receiver get its updates via the loopout on the viewsat receiver.
since it will always be in standby mode.

Silver Member
Username: Sitsat

Post Number: 141
RTAP, you helped me many times in the past bro. Especially when I had to JTAG my friend's 3500. I want you to know it is appreciated. I think so many good people are here and I really think this site is better than any FTA site for learning and discussion.

Please stay and continue helping newbies like me.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1902
Rati Kaur
I have an awesome technique to split all kinds of Satellites
I will post it tomorrow

To everyone
Yo may want to see what I got for this topic

All first hand

Silver Member
Username: Pulp_fiction

Post Number: 481
To everyone
Yo may want to see what I got for this topic

I for one, on the edge of my seat. Please hurry and share this information with us all.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1426
Tooter,
We have resolved that issue she is going to get a new antenna. Your idea might work not sure if anyone has tried that..I also thought about that too..The only thing I can see is while the FTA receiver is on the DN receiver would have to be off and she did not want her DN receivers EVER off..Then you would have to fight the FTA receiver to get it to operats that switch correctly to change LNB's...I am not even sure of the proper settings in the FTA receivers menu to do that...It is just so hard to get DN subbed receivers to work with a FTA receiver and all receivers get signal from the antenna.....Also if you noticed she is interested in the FTA stuff and that set up would not allow the receiver to get that.

So we are back to get a new antenna for the FTA receiver..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1427
King,

IF I mean IF anyone could solve this riddle it will be you...I was looking for you last night....

BUT, Still with her interest in true FTA she will have to get a Motorized antenna and liner-circular LNB

BUT It will be cool to see the answer as to how she could have got a FTA receiver married to a 4 receiver 3 LNB DN Subbed System.

AS Always look forward to your expert answer KING You have tought me ALOT

Bronze Member
Username: Reach_honey

Post Number: 66
Nalin,
One cable from 148 goes into 110/119 that bein said so one cable from 110/119 and one cable from 148 comes out.Which goes into a some switch and then one cable comes out from that switch.
Hope it clears your doubt...

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 2075
lol... nalin and fta... fta are u nalins b1tch now? Bot of u two women jumping on TAP for trying to help. Christ!! Nalin, how many peoples recievers u killed trying to help??
fta, u just simply dont know sh1t! All u do is try to push the motor on people. U give out bad info all the time. The ont hting u are good at is getting them to list their dish, lnb, and hookup for someone else to help them. Keep helping tap

Gold Member

FL

Post Number: 1280
whats up sit sat and dantetn.thanks for the vote of confidence. much appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 2080
yw dude... u give a lot of help here... u didnt deserve that. Peace

Gold Member

Post Number: 5642
reach honey:
I will reply to you a bit later and separately. In the meantime, watch for King Tapeman's post and ignore the two last posters.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us