Viewsat Ultra help

Bronze Member
Username: Jaz06

Post Number: 29
Just got a viewsat ultra receiver, have it hooked up but am not getting any channels. What do I need to do? thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 3274
jaz: The sites you need to go to toread are all busy because of the new BINs out today.
You need to read at:
[link removed]

They also have the latest software files - Make sure you have a USB drive and get the factory BIN and the lastest BIN PFTAUSW-070817U.zip. You won't need the loader or the cable, but nice to have them just in case.
You may have the manual. If not, you will find one there. It helps to study the manual, because you will have to set the satellites and scan them. There are many instructions files. Download them.
After about 3-4 hours of work, you will be ready to go to work and will watch TV after another hour or so.

Silver Member
Username: Kingusama

Post Number: 237
latest bins also posted at [link removed]

Gold Member

Post Number: 3287
Viewsat and Sonicview Files are very easy to access and download from the revamped totalfta site.

http://www.totalfta.com
Latest News: August 17, 2007 3:55am EST
New files for the following receivers:
Viewsat Extreme
Viewsat Platinum
Viewsat Ultra
Viewsat Pro
Sonicview SV1000
Sonicview SV4000
Sonicview PVR1000
Sonicview 8000HD

Entrance page has been added to the site to give a quick reference in case of forum overload. Links to updated files will be posted here for quick retrieval by all members instead of having to fight the forums.

Username: Dash8300

Brampton, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 9
finally got the fix at www.totalfta.com for my bev. it's so easy...just download onto usb and install onto unit.

thanks totalfta

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Thanks Nalin. Just wondering what the difference is between all the different viewsat receivers (extreme, platinum, etc.) Is viewsat ultra a good choice?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3300
Viewsat Ultra has the added advantage of having a USB drive slot, so you can download a BIN at the computer and take the USB drive to the receiver and install the BIN. Also the installation is 100% failsafe.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Thanks.

Username: Alecos

Post Number: 1
whenever i turn on the dish and go into a program, it always says
no audio. no video.
what can i do to make it work?
thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_huevos

Post Number: 12
I HAVE A VIEWSAT ULTRA.I DOWNLOADED NEW BIN FILE AND AS I WAS DOING A SAT SCAN FOR CHANNELS. I DO NOT GET ANY PPV AND SOME HBO. AND I ALSO NOTICED IT DOESNT DOWNLOAD CHANNELS FROM 110 SAT ONLY 119 CHECKED CONNECTIONA ND CABLES ALL WORKING WELL.CAN ANYBODY HELP?

Brampton, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 10
I have a question...when doing an auto scan for bev (i have a viewsat ultra) do i select search all or FTA? and what is the difference between choosing all or FTA?

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 11119
All these sites ALWAYS have the latest files, bins, how to's, manuals, guides, dish pointing calulators and tips, hardware info, jtag info, newbie and getting started sections, actively moderated with a no troublemakers and no bashing allowed policy.. and are free, and only require a simple free registration...Your email info is kept private, unless U specify differently..and U will be notified via email of any replies to any questions U may ask (or U can shut that feature off, if U like)..and your IP is sacred and never released..

Many of these specialize in particular FTA receivers as noted next to their links..USE those for your particular receiver manufacturer..

If U want real info, trouble free, no costs, friendly help, no hassles, latest files and manuals, then use these...these are well established, and have a long history, and are the best known sites throughout the entire DSS community now...

Ecoustics is NOT a Dss site, since is has NO files, no manuals, no guides, little info, no specific categories, and is almost impossible to find anything because every thread here has been allowed to be hijacked (because no mods are active) and the Subject does not relate to the posts within it....also Ecoustics is basically an Electronics site for home audio, television, DVDs, stereo's, and things of that nature, NOT FTA satellite information .

So again I highly recommend using ANY of these sites BELOW!....U pick one and use it for fast , friendly info and files, and many of these also have a LIVE chat area what U can get an IMMEDIATE response from reliable knowlegeable sources!...U will save yourself much time, especially if you are a newbie to this hobby!...and most all also will have the latest keys posted as well, and the keymaster, keyripper, key grabber utility files to download as well....and if plastic is your thing , some also have an area for that as well as FTA..Good Luck and enjoy this hobby!

Data Viewing Sequences
[link removed]

BTW...ALL these sites have the NEW working AUTOROLL bins released

Gold Member

Post Number: 3347
richard : I am sorry to see that LK could not answer your question.
All means all broadcasts that are beamed down from the particular satellite - whether they are paid or free-to-air(FTA)

Bronze Member

Brampton, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 11
my bev used to work fine until i installed a second dish for dn and everything went nuts. I'm getting more french channels than english and most of the time slots are just blank...no info.

I've decided instead of peppering you wonderful folks with question after question i'll just pay a small fee for an expert to come in and straighten things out.

ps. I did bookmark lk's post for future reference...perhaps after the newbie ship has long sailed.

Bronze Member
Username: Asplover

Post Number: 50
I am just getting "Autoroll Processing" when AUTOROLL is turned ON

or "No Audio or Video" when AR is turned OFF

I have the latest Bin. I am pointing towards 61.5 and 119.

I am getting the INFO channel but not others for sure.
Any idea.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us