2700 Failure

Bronze Member
Username: Hypnotiq19

Post Number: 16
I have a Pansat 2700A receiver, recently bought. Last night, I updated the bin file from my computer, and everything was working perfectly. Then, after 3-4 hours, it just turned off. I've tried EVERYTHING, but the receiver isn't responding. Seems like no power, and the lights aren't coming up.
HELP!

Silver Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 311
hypnotic here is the procedure for jtagging a 3500.you can go to future-fta*info or ftabins*net to read on how to jtag a 2700.remember to replace * for .
here you go

may not work on some computers.you may need an older version computer or laptop.

1-- i purchased my jtag cable thru ebay
2-- remove cover of sat box only 3 screws.
3-- make sure your sat box is off and your computer is not running any programs.
4-- connect your jtag cable to computer and to reciever.
5-- now turn on sat box on rear switch
6-- open skymax 2.2 can be dowloaded basically any site make sure its a recommended site.
7-- change setting under adr flash to setting 2mb (7FE00000) and make sure select LPT port 1.
8-- under connection click start and wait till complete then under flash operation select erase and wait till complete.
9-- now under flash operation you will select write a window will pop up at the bottom change from rom file to all files. then select the pansat 3500s-flash 1(29LV160CBTC-70)-full.once you selected this file skymax will automatically start the process of writing the file to your sat box.depeding on your computer it may take a while.
10-- once it says complete turn off sat box remove jtag cable.
11-- once jtag cable is removed turn on switch and
the display screen should show b70,if so you have completed this procedure correctly.
12-- now you just have to load the boot file 80 and the current bin.
13-- enjoy.

you have to be patience and may have to try this procedures many times.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 11234
he probably has a clone and doesn't know it!

Frequently Asked Questions
Updated 03-22-07

#1..I bought a Pansat model 2700A or 3500S from E-bay or another vendor. How can I determine whether it's a genuine or counterfeit product?

Question #1

Answer: Panarex stopped selling the 2700A model in May, 2006. The current Pansat model is the 2700A but is newly labeled "2700A(IR)" on the product packaging. There are two distinguishing labels: one titled "2700A(IR)" as well as a FCC label on the back panel of the receiver. Another change in the current, authentic 2700A(IR) product is the switch from a Pansat universal remote to a Pansat (IR) regular remote.

Panarex stopped selling the Pansat 3500S model in April, 2006. The current model we are selling is the Pansat 3500SD. The 3500SD model is essentially the same as the 3500S model except that it includes a 128Mb SD memory card.

* Another feature of authentic Pansat models is located on the AC power cord. Near the prongs of the AC power cord plug head is an imprint of the manufacturer's name which is "KJ-10W, Kuk Je Tong Shin." All genuine Pansat units have this feature. Cloned units have a variety of different labels on the AC power cord plug such as "HBAB", "AWIN", random numbering or a variety of other imprints.

* The remote control for an imitation unit looks significantly different compared with our original one. The imitation remote is made of inexpensive plastic (lightweight to the touch and), and of inferior quality and technology (less function buttons). Visit the products section of our website located at www.pansatusa.com to see pictures of authentic Pansat remotes.

* On some fake Pansat receivers, the front LED display shows a large green dot (1/4" in diameter). Please note that there are discrepancies in imitation receivers: we have seen the green dot appear on some fake models' LED display screens but not on others. Authentic Pansat receivers never have a large green dot appear on the front LED display.

When Panarex's application software (05/26/2006 version) has been or is downloaded onto a counterfeit receiver, a message will appear on the television screen that states "Warning. This product may be a cloned or defective. Please call your supplier a.s.a.p. before damage occurs." We have developed a safety mechanism to protect our customers as well as proprietary information such as our trademark and technology. If you see this warning, please contact the seller you bought the receiver from and immediately return the product. The best way to purchase Pansat products is through sellers recommended by Panarex's sales team. We strongly urge you not to purchase Pansat products through any internet seller who does not list their full company information (i.e. address, telephone number). Our sales team can give you information on the nearest reliable sellers in your area. Feel free to contact us during business hours. Your satisfaction with authentic Pansat products is our goal.

Cheap reproductions will damage easily due to inferior technology and are not covered under our warranty.

Note: If you are a customer who submits information on a seller of counterfeit Pansat merchandise (i.e. company name, street address, telephone number, e-mail address, the seller's name, an invoice showing purchase or other information leading to the arrest of the counterfeiter), Panarex will review your claim and replace the imitation merchandise with authentic Pansat product(s).

Gold Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 1158
Hypnotiq

You are going to have to JTAG it.

Username: Coachman

Naguabo, P.r. Usa

Post Number: 6
hello every one. other option is use the new bin
x-87bl_070816_b75_208_api.

Bronze Member
Username: Hypnotiq19

Post Number: 17
alright, ill TRY that. dont know if i can do it or not.
and figueroa, the BIN is what messed it up in the first place i think
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us