294T File Warning!!

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 331
C&P from chancysand

There is a 294T file floating around and should not be downloaded . It was an attempt by someone on onther site site to mod the 293T file and was not successful. Please beware of this file. It is not a release by me and it does not work. It will only give you Knight Rider Light as the checksum and file length are not right. I have fixed both to see what was changed in the file and still will not run the box and had to jtag it back. it did not kill the unit but would not accept a flash so had to jtag.

Silver Member
Username: Antiscums

Atlantic City, NJ

Post Number: 176
zulu i got U jtagged, i give your buddy LK 24 hours

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8042
^^^WTF does that mean???

And why do you keep changing your location?

J/W

Sorry.

Silver Member

Atlantic City, NJ

Post Number: 177
can U believe...he sent me love letters to my old address, he is got guts, so i want to save him the trouble to let him know where i live now, this is where i will give him my a K/O gum gum

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10236
Dude ...U are high!....bring it on pal!...either put up or shut up...U've been eating too much water buffalo sh*it....and smoking too much Houston crack....LMAO

Silver Member

Atlantic City, NJ

Post Number: 180
oh my gosh, u got an ego, size of a whale, i hardly smoke, i just want to be your friend, so stop will you

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8049
Wading through these waters I think I should start lol.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2921
LK: You and your stupid buddies were trying to laugh at me about need for or use of jtag. So here is a quote for no other than your hero Chancynad.

"It will only give you Knight Rider Light as the checksum and file length are not right. I have fixed both to see what was changed in the file and still will not run the box and had to jtag it back."

It is right there at the start of this thread.

Bronze Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 96
Nalin, not bashing you, but to clarify this, here is what Chancysand said:

"Ok I corrected the checksum in this file and corrected the file lehgth were I found got deleted and load file to my Ultra. I did not get it to work however and had to jtag my ultra back as it would not take a normal flash. It did not kill my unit but for some reason would not take a flash so I just jtaged it to save time."

Chancy usually releases a serial load modded file and a jtag load one. Some folks have jtag built in for testing purposes. In this case he says he jtagged his unit with 293T to save time. Rather than trying to flash a factory then later file I assume, or trying to fiddle with it to get it to take a flash.

Jtagging a unit is normally not something you should send a n00b off to do, especially first thing.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2925
therepo : I appreciate your comments.
I have an elderly aunt, who though physically able to, will not turn on the TV and has to have somebody to do it for her.
Jtagging is a serious, but foolproof procedure. Somebody will do it sooner and somebody will not do it soon enough and waste a lot of time.
You have identified the thinking in Chancy using 293T BIN "to save time. Rather than trying to flash a factory then later file I assume..."
Under the circumstances this paricular person was asking, he had tries to let his receiver take a flash and it had not. I advised a reversion to 280T BIN under the same thinking pattern as Chancy's above, instead of going back to the factory BIN, and in case it failed, I suggested Jtag. There are times when a jtag becomes the method of choice after a pattern of failures of a certain kind, and Chancy's statement demonstrates this.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us