To the experts !! LK OR NALIN !

Bronze Member
Username: Ajockey

Post Number: 14
im trying to upload a fix for a megasat yt6688
but every time that i open loader and try to
flash unit using com2 i get a a message "cant open serial port "the system cannot find file specified"
now im using a laptop toshiba satellite
with a usb to serial adapter, i installed the disk it came with, but if a change the com to com3, i do get "a processing " but nothing is going to the stb,
i do follow required proccess
turn unit off, hit pc>stb then turn unit on
but nothing happens , no process bar , (0%)
does anybody know how to change my settings to com2 on computer or any ideas , i will thank you guys....

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2903
On a PC, you should go into the Device Manager.
START/Settings/Control Panel/Admin tools/
Computer Managment/Device Manager
The Megasat uses straight cable not a null modem cable.
I think it is a clone and use a clone safe BIN and make sure you have unzipped the file.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10124
PINHEAD....NEVER PUT ME IN THE SAME CATEGORY AS THAT IDIOT NALIN...SHE IS NO EXPERT...AND IN FACT IS A NEWBIE WHO DOESN'T TEST AND IS NOT TAKEN SERIOUSLY HERE BT THE KNOWLEGEABLE FTA USERS!

Gold Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 1881
Take a look at the notes that should be on the same disk as the driver for that adapter, the software will assign a predefined com port to it, check what port number is assigned by the software and select the same in the loader...

If you get the "processing" message that means that you are selecting the right com port but it is better to get sure about it reading the notes, also check the cable that you are using, you need a RS232 Straight through cable, it should have this configuration:

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 421
LOL Great thread title pinhead ROFLMAO

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10137
pinead gave it this title to bust my balls...LOL...I am NO Expert...and nalin is NO tester...U cannot group us together...we are as different as apples and oranges..

Silver Member
Username: Banej

Post Number: 217
you might be different but at the end you are all just a fruit.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10139
hey now...watch it...I resemble that remark...LOL

I think I am a banana due to my lower anatomy....LMAO

Username: Sobe1

South beach, Fl

Post Number: 10
and i am a zuccini

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10142
aah...that just means its been "squashed" ....lol

Silver Member
Username: Amex

Post Number: 126
"and i am a zuccini"

man.........cant believe the extent
of some people's gayness

Username: Lks_right_hand_man

Post Number: 4
Take a look at the notes that should be on the same disk as the driver for that adapter, the software will assign a predefined com port to it, check what port number is assigned by the software and select the same in the loader...

If you get the "processing" message that means that you are selecting the right com port but it is better to get sure about it reading the notes, also check the cable that you are using, you need a RS232 Straight through cable, it should have this configuration:

Quite often the pin falling out of the johnson bar can mimick the same symptoms. It`s not that likely but always check to make sure yur pin is firmly through the johnson bar before taking above steps.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10165
Well well...Now i know who "LK's Right hand man" really is...its Dirty Democrat!, the anti abortion and Republican obsessed preaching fruitcake...

The "johnson bar" thing gave u away!...LMAO...why the need to change your nick and username?..a new alias!...are U ashamed?...or was your "Dirty Democrat" preachings all a farce to generate more posts for Ecoustics (something an admin may do here)

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/360065.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us