Do I have to install the new bin for VS Ultra.

Username: Ss01ss01

Post Number: 6
I had installed PFTAUSW-070206U.PGM and it was working fine until yesterday. Based on all the info, I entered the new keys, let the AR on. And I am getting all my channels. But, my questions is - Do I have to install the latest bin (which is(PFTAUSW-070411U.PGM) to fix this permanently? Or am I OK without changing it?

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2354
The latest round of new BINs are also for DN. However, you can always have the latest BIN ready in your USB drive and instal it if and when it becomes necessary. That is the attitude I am taking with a similar receiver called Sonicview 4000.

Post Number: 7
Thank you so much Nalin.

So basically I don't HAVE to install the latest always, unless I am having some other issues that was fixed in the latest bin.

Do I have to factory reset, then factory load and then load latest bin? Or just simply load the latest bin using serial port?

Gold Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1033
The pftausw-070407 bin still rolls according to some people here. So there are working bins besides this new one. But I myself have flashed my ultra with the new one and its working fine so far.

Post Number: 8
I have never updated bin on my ultra.
Only time I did was the day I got my Ultra delivered. But, it was as simple as just loading the latest bin and then sat setup and scan. But, after reading all the post, it seems like updating with new bin is a more complex process.
And I don't want to mess up my working ULTRA, just because I did not do all the required steps.
Would you be able to direct me to a post/link where it list the steps to flash the recvr again.
Thanks in advance.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1034
It is always recommended that you flash your unit with the factory bin first before the new one, but you don't have to. You should really get a usb stick. That is one of the biggest advantages of the ultra is being able to load your bins with the usb port.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1035
If you're really ok with inputting keys manually when they change, then keep the old bin. Use it as long as you can.

Bronze Member
Username: Sekhem

Post Number: 58
if you are comfortable with that bin, then fine. But there are alot of new upgrades with the newer bins that make the VU more enjoyable. The choice is yours. Just about all of the older bins for the viewsat ultra are stable and if you do not like the newer bins, you can always change back to the one you have right now, with a factory reset. good luck.

Post Number: 9
Thanks to all of you.
After looking at the release note, I do want to install the latest bin. And this will be my hands-on also for installing a latest bin.

This is what I could gather. Please let me know if I am missing a step.

- factory reset
- switch off the switch at back
- load the factory bin from viewsatusa site
- load the latest bin
- setup all sats
- scan the channels

Anything else?

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1036
You don't have to factory reset unless you want to rescan sats. You can still keep your channels and settings even though you are loading a new bin. Leave your unit off until the loader starts installing your bin, then turn receiver on from the back. Do not turn receiver off again until it resets itself and the process is finished.

Gold Member

Kanaka freak...

Post Number: 1037
With a usb stick, its only a couple of clicks with your remote and you're done.

Post Number: 10
Thanks so much.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us