Utah 119/110 PS 3500 DN 500 Newbie Help LK!

Username: Robnfaline

West POint, UT

Post Number: 1
LK if you're out there, you seem to be the smartest - if anyone else can help you're welcome to as well. I live in UT and bought a Pansat 3500SD with a DN 500 and am trying to get 119/110 and just can't get it. Set it all up as suggested and ran blind scans and just get the waiting for picture FOREVER! I can't seem to get both LNB's going at the same time but they do pick up transponders? My highest level has been 60-70 so I'm thinking I'm running into trees or something as well. I'm very new at all this and like all men hate asking for directions - but...

HELP WANTED~

Thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 724
Is your autoroll turned on? I would manually put in the latest keys just to see if autoroll is your problem.

Also, do you have the latest bin for your receiver?

You should be able to receive channels at around 70% signal quality (notice I say "quality" and not level) with a Pansat 3500. Your level should be near 100% with a quality of at least 60% to 70%.

Also, I believe that the DN 500 dish has a built in switch in the lnb. So, make sure that your antenna settings are correct.

West POint, UT

Post Number: 2
I'm not sure on the autoroll, I'll check it out tonight. I did update my TP settings according to settings subtracting them from 25600.

The bin shows b-80 when I switch it on, I hope that's the latest and greatest.

What's the built in switch you're talking about on the DN 500? I have the 110 in the Disque(sp)1 and the 119 in the 2 on my switch.

Thanks for the advice

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 727
You should have 119 on port 1 and 110 on port 2. also, I think that your lnb type should be OSD-DP.

Don't worry about the TP thing. If your autoTP is on then you shouldn't have a problem.

Did you download the latest bin to your receiver? You would know if you did. You can check the bin version thru your menu system.

Btw, the latest Pansat 3500 bin has a bug that some people experience. So keep that in mind.

You might want delete all channels before you do your scans, seeing as you were playing with your TP settings.

West POint, UT

Post Number: 3
The bin I have is x-85bl_070203_290_api, it was created Feb 19, 2007 so I think it's the newest.

What do you mean about the Lnb being OSD-DP?

Let me know about the bug too if you can.

I'll reset all the channels when I get to the homested.

Thanks Jason, really appreciate the info.

Also a fellow hard rocker (Bass player)and you registered on my boys B-day, so you're good in my book.

Here's a good couple of musician jokes for ya (Semi-payment)

What's the difference between a bass player and a Pizza?

A pizza can feed a family of 4.

A young boy says to his mother "Mom, when I grow up I wanna be a drummer".

The mother smiles and replies, "Oh honey, you can't do both..."

There ya go

Thanks again man

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8353
bin b80 on with a x85-070203 290 bin too on a Pansat 2500?

showing b80 is the 3500..any x85 bin is for the 2500...somethings not right..

BTW 070203 = 2007...02= Feb....03= 3rd day...so Feb 3, 2007....not Feb 19th...and there is newer, but 290 is OK and working, IF u have a 2500 NOT a b80 3500 receiver..

and if your LNB" on roof dish looks like below, and has the "dish pro" logo , then it is a TWIN (2 round plastic eyes combined into 1 unit with 2 outputs) which has internal switch and no need for extrnal disque switch...U just run 1 cable directly from LNB directly to each receiver

Upload

West POint, UT

Post Number: 4
It's a Pansat 3500. So do I need to get another Bin?

That is my LNB, I'm running the 119 and 110 into a switch then running 1 cable to my reciever. So is that the wrong setup?

Shoot me some more info when you can.

Thanks for the help

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2445
Rob - Why are you running a switch? The LNB carries both signals in each cable. Unless you have more then two receivers, you should be running the cable directly into your receiver.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2446
Rob - I had a thread addressing these LNB's and issues, but some people decided to trash it, but here is some info that should help you.

Dish Pro Twin or Quad & Dish Pro Plus Twin

I am going to attempt to clarify what appears to be a big confusion for some and the topic of misquoting for others.

First things first -- Dish Pro Equipment is very FTA Friendly and probably the easiest to set up. It is the setup and understanding of this equipment that give some people headaches. There is a big difference between Dish Pro LNB's and Dish Pro Plus.

Similarities:

- They both have a built in switch which allows for direct connection to the receiver.

- They can be used to bring in the signal of any combination of two satellites provided they are less then 10 degrees apart.

- They work with most if not all FTA Receiver on the market today.

- They can be mounted on a Dish500 dish.

Differences:

- Power requirement for the Dish Pro Plus is higher then the regular Dish Pro which creates the necessity to either keep a DN Receiver connected to port #1 of the LNB or to use a Power Insert.

- DISEqC Software requirements are different for both LNBs.

- Dish Pro Plus has a built in 3 way switch and one input which allows you to receive signal from two different satellites with the main LNB and add a third satellite by installing a variety of LNB/Dish combination.

- Dish Pro Plus LNB signal can be split when using DN Dual Tuners.

- You CANNOT split the signal with a regular Dish Pro Twin or Quad LNB.

Dish Pro 34 Switches and Dish Pro Plus 44

READ CAREFULLY -- While you can use a Dish Pro Switch with Dish Pro Plus LNB's, you CANNOT use a Dish Pro Plus switch with a Dish Pro LNB

- Dish Pro 34 switches are very easy to use and install.

UNLIKE MOST WHO REPEAT WHAT I SAY AND THEN DO SO INCORRECTLY

- The Dish Pro 34 switch does NOT require an addition power source. You can use this switch with any of your FTA Receivers and NOT need to keep your regular DN receiver!

Only use this switch to run a 3 satellite 4 receiver system with a Dish Pro Twin LNB.

If you are going to run a 2 satellite system and 4 receivers then just use a Dish Pro Quad.

- The Dish Pro Plus 44 switch DOES require a power insert which is provided with the switch. I would NOT recommend using this switch as you really don't gain anything with it unless you are running a complete DN installation and not FTA.

Bottom Line -- You can use Dish Pro Plus equipment and if you want the setups I will be more then glad to help you with it, but it is not worth the headache!

Even if you have a dual tuner which requires the Dish Pro Plus capabilities, you can always run to lines into that tuner from a regular Dish Pro LNB. Not to mention you can combine the Dish Pro 34 switch with up to 4 switches and get up to 12 receivers!

West POint, UT

Post Number: 5
PR~

Hey,

Well I got a switch with my setup, so I assumed I needed to hook it up. So should I not be running both into the switch then into the Reciever? I have the DN 500 with the dual LNB's (110/119) and a Pansat 3500SD. I don't plan on upgrading, well until I get this working anyways.

Thanks for all the info, I'll put it to work this weekend.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2447
Rob - Read the above post. But short answer, get rid of switch and run one cable directly into receiver. Setup antenas as follows:

LNB Type - DishPro
DISEcQ:
119 = 1
110 = 2

The lnb has a build in switch which is why you don't use one.

West POint, UT

Post Number: 6
No Kidding?!

So does it matter which LNB I run to the reciever? I only have one reciever.

Man I hope that does the trick.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2452
Rob - Trust me it will. Just remember to configure the sats in the antena setup like I posted. Make sure you post back on your progress. I'm sure people will like to know that it works.

West POint, UT

Post Number: 7
Will do. So does it matter which side (110/119) I plug into the reciever?

I appreciate the help, check's in the mail!

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2455
LOL. No. Both sides carry the same signal.

West POint, UT

Post Number: 8
Thanks man.

I tend to over complicate things and all the tall talk and NUMEROUS opinions I've encounted since the FTA experimentation began has made the simple explanations seem well, too simple.

I'll sing your praises once this bad boy gets moving.

Have a good weekend~

Gold Member

Post Number: 2458
Rob - It's not about the praises. Just want you to let others know that it works and when the question is asked again, you get to answer it!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8362
Rob...U will never get it working with that Pansat 2500 bin either...in fact, your receiver could become toast..U need to start READING and upload the Pansat 3500 bins...suggest U read at www.future-fta.info/forums and get the 3500 bins there...

West POint, UT

Post Number: 9
So what do you suggest? I just downloaded X-05BL_070201_312_apl, is that a good one? I'm completely lost on this stuff so any help is very appreciated.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2465
Rob - The latest bin is 317 and there is also a boot file upgrade B80... Before doing any of this, make sure you've gone to the website LK posted and read up.

West POint, UT

Post Number: 10
Will do. What exactly are the bins for? I haven't been able to get the Null cable to work with my PC so I've just used the SD card - hopefully that'll work as well. Sorry for all the stupid questions, just am new to all this shtuff.

Thanks y'all

Gold Member

Post Number: 2466
That will work and bins are the programs that pretty much open (decode) the encripted signal.

Bronze Member

West POint, UT

Post Number: 11
If it says b-80 when I start up my reciever do I already have the upgrade?

I'll try all this stuff over the next few day and let you know how it goes. Wish me luck.

My wife is having surgery next week and will pretty much be homebound - so if I get this sucker cookin I'll be Numero Uno!

She thinks I'm nuts and that this thing is broken or fake - so here's to (hopefully) claiming back my manhood!

Bronze Member

West POint, UT

Post Number: 12
Well I tried it all.

Got the 317 file, the b-80 boot, changed the diseqc settings and ran blind scans last night. Had bookoo channels and then got my usual "Waiting for picture" message and waited -- waited all night.

The % got up to 50,000+ and still no picture. Today I hopped on the roof and removed the switch and the 119 cable and just ran the 110 into the receiver as instructed.

My 73ish quality dropped to 20 on 110 and 119 showed 0. Got back on the roof to adjust and nothing. Can't get anything now. Instead of 70+% with the switch I'm at Zero.

HELP!

Username: Jryevols

Little rock, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 3
I am told that you can provide me with the best guidance. Please forgive me as I am a newbie to the PanSat and questions may seem elementary. I have two dual output LNBS connected to one dish using the 110/119 yoke.There are two connections coming out of each LNB. Am I suppose toonly use one outlet on each LNB? Second , I have the LNB set at standard. I have been told to manually change the number above the transponder to 0 , but the manufacture said to leave it alone and the transponder would change it , which is correct setting. Can you please tell me how to get a bin number to transfer to winzip so that I can transfer it to the loader.

Thanks

Jim

Gold Member

Post Number: 2476
Rob - You don't need a switch and B80 is the latest. Just make sure you shut your receiver down from the back and wait a couple of minutes. if you are waiting that long for picture, manually input keys.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2477
Satman - What type of lnb's are you using? I need to know if they are standard or DishPro.

Rob - I really need you to read my post above that addresses your setup. The long post that talks about Dish Pro LNB's.

Bronze Member

West POint, UT

Post Number: 13
Will do PR, I'll get back after

Bronze Member

West POint, UT

Post Number: 14
Ok I re-read the long stuff. Doesn't seem to really apply to my setup though. I do have a DN 500 pro w/dual LNB's but as for the plus and so on - nope. So how do I manually input keys? I have keymaster 3 but when I tried using those keys, I couldn't figure out how to put in alphabet characters with my remote - if that's what you're talking about.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8407
All these sites ALWAYS have the latest files, bins, how to's, manuals, guides, dish pointing calulators and tips, hardware info, jtag info, newbie and getting started sections, actively moderated with a no troublemakers and no bashing allowed policy.. and are free, and only require a simple free registration...Your email info is kept private, unless U specify differently..and U will be notified via email of any replies to any questions U may ask (or U can shut that feature off, if U like)..and your IP is sacred and never released..

Many of these specialize in particular FTA receivers as noted next to their links..USE those for your particular receiver manufacturer..

If U want real info, trouble free, no costs, friendly help, no hassles, latest files and manuals, then use these...these are well established, and have a long history, and are the best known sites throughout the entire DSS community for many years now...

Ecoustics is NOT a Dss site, since is has NO files, no manuals, no guides, little info, no specific categories, and is almost impossible to find anything because every thread here has been allowed to be hijacked (because no mods are active) and the Subject does not relate to the posts within it....also Ecoustics is basically an Electronics site for home audio, television, DVDs, stereo's, and things of that nature, NOT FTA satellite information

So again I highly recommend using ANY of these sites in this first post!....U pick one and use it for fast , friendly info and files, and many of these also have a LIVE chat area what U can get an IMMEDIATE response from a reliable knowlegeable sources!...U will save yourself much time, especially if you are a newbie to this hobby!...and most all also will have the latest keys posted as well, and the keymaster, keyripper, key grabber utility files to download as well....and if plastic is your thing , some also have an area for that as well as FTA..Good Luck and enjoy this hobby!

Final Solution Free To Air:
[link removed] (C00LSAT and All receivers)
DSS Newbies:
[link removed] (Pantecs,all clones and all receivers)

File Share Site - No Registration Required:
--------------------------------------------------
Good for gettting Original factory firmware:
[link removed]

Best site for DISHNET info, channels, transponders and changes etc..
[link removed]
[link removed]
www.filez.us/km3/keys.shtml

Gold Member

Post Number: 2484
Rob - when manually inputing keys in receivers if you look at the bottom of the page it will tell you what keys are the equivalent letters.

For example with Viewsats:

F1 = A
F2 = B
F3 = C
F4 = D

You need to look at the bottom of the page of the manual key entry page and you'll see which one is which.

Bronze Member

West POint, UT

Post Number: 15
PR
Well things have gone from bad to worse. I can't get anything now. My version now shows X-0BL API:80-3.17_EObX Boot ver: 80. Problem is I now have nothing. My level bounces from 34 - 94 and no matter where I point my sat I can't get a signal. I have a signal finder and it won't register anything. I don't know if the files I put on screwed up things or what but I'm in a bad way. LK, I realize this site is for other stuff but I haven't been able to get anywhere on the other sites and this is the only place I've found actual help. I won't overstay my welcome and once I get things going will stay in the background, but until then I could really use some help.

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 8414
If U follow the readme's and check your cables and connections along with dish alignment, then u will have NO problems...level changes with transponders/channels...thats expected..aligning the dish is NOT hard...aim it towards mexico!..do scans after U input the LNB/disque port settings...basically we explained it all here to u already...this really is NOT hard..people make more of it than it really is..

BTW...using REAR switch, power OFF for 2-3 minutes, then power ON...thats a simple reboot that should be done evrytime U have any problem...and RECHECK those 119-disque #1 ...110-#2 settings again, after inputing any bins..

Bronze Member

West POint, UT

Post Number: 16
I agree but... it was showing 70+ quality when I had the ext switch and before I but the 317 and b-80 boot. Now I can't even find the sat. I was right there until I tried this new stuff, now I'm worse off than b4. Could something be corrupted because of the 317/b-80? Any way to reset besides the turn off method??

Bronze Member

West POint, UT

Post Number: 17
doing the FTA chat, wish me luck

Gold Member

Post Number: 2490
Rob - You don't now or never did need a switch. The LNB has a built in switch. If you are using a Sat Finder and can't find anything then you are doing something wrong. In order for the finder to work you have to power the LNB. In other words, you need to hook up the sat finder in between the receiver and the lnb. Then turn the sensitivity up until you hear a little bit of beep and when you find the sat it will get loud. Turn it down again until (not all the way, just until the needle is half way) and continue to ajust until you get the strongest signal.

It doesn't matter what bin file is in your receiver, the sat finder works independently.

Tell me what your zip code is and I'll give you your dish settings.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us