Factory Reset for Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra

Username: Sliknik

Post Number: 2
Hi,

I am fairly new at programming my receiver and was hoping to get some advice. I would like to do a factory reset on my Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra receiver which is running as a Pansat 2500A clone with the 289T bin. My question is that being a Fortec running as a Pansat clone, would I need to install the Fortec factory bin or the Pansat factory bin, and would conducting a factory reset, remove the Pansat 2500A clone software from it, or will that still be there. Like I said, I am fairly new at this with very minimal knowledge on all of this, if someone could provide me with step by step guidance on how to perform this task, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2007
Factory reset will not remove the BIN. You will lose all the channels and will have to reset the user settings and install the keys, and rescan. Why do you want to do a factory reset?

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2141
Why do you want to do a Factory Reset? What are you trying to accomplish by doing so?

Post Number: 3
Hi guys...thanks for your reply...the reason for the reset is because i am unable to get all the channels such as zeetv, zeecinema, b4umovies, abc, nbc, cbs, some ppv movie channels and so on...i've tried doing a satellite scan and a blind scan and so on but nothing brings these channels back, i thought by doing a factory reset and scanning for channels again, i would be able to pick up some of these channels...any ideas guys?...thanks again

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2149
For most of the channels you are trying to get all you need to do is load 290T and rescan your sat. I hope this helps

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 698

Hey Desai
To start with,go here I think it will help you.
http://www.fortecstar.com/downloads/index.asp?products=65%2C1

Gold Member

Post Number: 2023
Nirmit: I have posted and reposted the differences between 289T and 290T.
You will NOT get the channels you want with 290T bin. 290T BIN is either DN_290T or BEV_290T. With either of the two you will get some Indian channels, but not all, e.g with the BEV version you will get SET, but not ZGUJ and vice versa with the DN version.

http://www.totalfta.com
http://www.future-fta.info
http://www.dsstester*com

Username: Somi

Post Number: 1
Hello,
I have Frtec life time ultra,i need to download 289T, I have Bin 289T and 290T, RS232 DB9 F/F cable, What is the next step, were can i get loader and how compleet all prosses,
Please Advice

Gold Member

Post Number: 2024
Soni. Go to the sites listed above and get your uploader and instrucions from the Foretec or Pantec sections. Read my post above in full.

Bronze Member
Username: Rukie

Missi, On Canada

Post Number: 27
Hi Nalin,
I am using pansat 2500 Clone, with 289T bin. I scanned twice but can not get any PPV or Adult channels.. Any suggestion?.. Thanks in advance. Any helpfrom anybody?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7999
Kirmit...U would use Fortec files for the factory bin...BUT a factory RESET is NOT the same as factory bin..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2025
I have 61.5W and 110W. I get 1-2 PPV on 61.5 and over 15 PPV and 10 VOD on 110W using 289T on a clone. To the best of knowledge, PPVs were shifted from 119 to 110 about 5-6 weeks ago. I have put a parental lock on 1 PPV adult and 5 other adult channels.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2026
Scanning: Nirmit and Ken - you obviously have some channels and missing others. So you definitely do not need a factory reset or factory BIN. I find it best to do a "Blind scan" and turn auto update off. Even with a Blind scan, on two different types of receivers, I found that ZeeTV was missing, and I had to add it later using a TP scan.
If loading a new BIN fails, you may need to add the factory BIN first and then install the new BIN. Again, even for that procedure, I found it easy enough to install a 280T or 281T and then install 289T or 290T.
After over 100 BIN installations in the Pansat clones and in Sonicviews, I can comfortably say that not once have I needed to put in a factory BIN, nor have I needed a factory reset.

Bronze Member
Username: Rukie

Missi, On Canada

Post Number: 28
Thanks Nalin. I am using 119 soit make sense if they moved to 110.

Post Number: 4
Thanks guys...I will look into all the information that was posted and follow accordingly

Username: Somi

Post Number: 2
Dear Nalin

Thank you very much for Advice, bin 289T was download perfect and i got channela back since missing December 2006,

but i missing PPV Movie channals, now i watch only 2, PPV 502 and PPV 509, how can see other PPv Movie only , (not adult)

also i have reciver dishnet 3000 with card, can we fix that reciver again,,,?

Bronze Member
Username: Sjain80

Post Number: 52
hey guys..I have searched all the forums so far but not been able to find the answer so plz help..
can anyone tell me what the lnb settings should be. I have 119,110 and 61.5 I mean my switch settings are right but what should the skew and position settings and all that should be.. thanks for the information..

Silver Member
Username: Eatfish111

Post Number: 206
lnb freq should be 11250

Silver Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 620
Here's a file for all Fortec STAR receivers that gives the download instructions. It's from Fortec STAR's website and the credit goes to them. This file will show you how to download bins properly, etc. It's in PDF format, which means you need Acrobat Reader to view this file.

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OTYHMTFH

Post Number: 5
hey guys...i followed all the instructions, but am still unable to get zeetv, zeecinema, b4umovies, abc, nbc, cbs...anymore ideas???...i'm guessing when it does a satellite scan it isn't scanning the necessary TP's to attain those channels, any ideas on how to allow my receiver to scan those TP's, maybe that might work...let me know
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us