Sonicview 1000 or Viewsat Extreme?

Username: Leatherguy

Post Number: 4
hello,
which receiver to buy between the Sonicview 1000 or the Viewsat Extreme ? (or somehting similar) thx

Bronze Member
Username: Pffft

Ya Right

Post Number: 87
never used a Sonicview 1000 but i know i'm Super happy with my Viewsat Extreme. but from what i'm ready you might want to put a couple extra buck in for the ultra to get an even better bang for your buck

Username: Tulipnoire

Hong kong

Post Number: 1
lot of talk about ultra that i did not use yet. i have extreem . poeple say there is no difference between the ultra and the viewsat extreem even the picture quality is the same . the only difference is usb

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1900
"the only difference is usb". That difference might mean a lot to some. The avaialbility of USB drive allows you leave the receiver as is, and bring the new BIN to it.
I had to make a choice between Sonicview 1000 and 4000 recently and I chose the Sonicview 4000 because of the USB drive.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1174
Whats the price difference between the two?I bought ultra ,because of the support,if a family feud starts between vs and sonic view,which we know anything is possible in fta land,I'd rather have the insurance of vs support.Just my opinion .

Username: Leatherguy

Post Number: 5
is the 200 MHz of the VS Ultra worth the extra bucks?

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1182
Whats the processor speed on the sonicview? I guess more of anything is a good thing.

Silver Member
Username: Pukka

Post Number: 146
i have both xtrm and ultra, i do find better picture quality on the ultra over the xtrm

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1901
In general, a faster processor will work better than a slower processor. However, this may not apply between two different processors. The Sonicview 4000 has a 186MHz Nec processor and the Viewsat Ultra has a 200MHz Connexant Processor. The speed difference is small and since the instructions sets may be different they might actually work about the same or there may be a big difference. I do not know enough about the two porcessors to say which is which, or even if the two processors are internaly the same.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us