Can't Select Parental Control

Username: Curious10

Post Number: 2
After loading 290 bin, I did a factory default. I am unable to select parental controls now. It does not highlight so that it can be selected. Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 773
Reflash the bin.

Bronze Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 50
scan for sats .. if you still cant use the parental controle start over and reset it back to factory settings first .. then put in the bin again rescan and see what you can do as far as controles go.

Post Number: 3
Reflashed, no luck and no channels.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7067
U must do a scan!...U cannot have "parental controls" UNLESS U have scanned channels (or uploaded a channel list)into the receiver!...common sense...why would the receiver need parental controls, if there were NO channels input via a list or a scan first!

Post Number: 4
I tried the scans, no channels. Where can I find a channel list to upload?

Silver Member
Username: Ars88

P.I.M.P , Pakistani/In...

Post Number: 296
woah buddy...if u cant find any channels when u do a scan...no way u going to get any signal when u upload a channel list...
first off i would highly recomend u check ur port/diseqc settings and make sure all is good...then if still nothing i really recomend u align ur dish (ur dish may not be aligned properly or 'unaligned' which is causing you to not catch any signal)
if that doesn't work...
let us know....

Silver Member
Username: Ars88

P.I.M.P , Pakistani/In...

Post Number: 297
good luck :-)

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 399

Hey Curious
Iam curious, have you set your Longitude
and Latitude? Also check your system
information to see if BIN 290 was stored. LOL to you.

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 238
Curious,

What you receiver, dish, switches etc. Whats the status now? Was it a working system before?

Give me the info and we will get you going unless somethings bad wrong..

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1268
Jay - Kevin: You guys got this under control. I'm going on vacation! LOL

Silver Member

Post Number: 403

Hey PR
What do you mean, you are going on
vacation? I thought when a person
retires he is on vacation.

BTW If you like the truth, why was you working as a lawyer? They don't
tell the truth.LOL

Post Number: 5
I have a Pansat 2700A receiver, Dishnet 500 with dual LNB, and a Pansat Diseqc 4x1 switch. My system has been up and running for over a year. There was a bad rainstorm last week. At the time my satellite kept saying no signal as it does sometimes when it rains very hard. I loaded the 290 bin, did a factory reset, now I don't have a signal or any channels. I saw an older post that stated that it could be a bad Diseqc switch. I have ordered a new switch with the weather case. In the meantime is there anything else that could be causing the no signal error?

Silver Member
Username: Bones714

SO.California

Post Number: 189
so your using a diseqc, i take it your aiming at 2 satellites. while your waiting for the new diseqc to arrive, i would try the setup without the old diseqc . even though your only going to aim at 1 satellite 4 now, if you pick up any channels than you'll know 4 sure your old diseqc gone bad.

Silver Member
Username: Nikk

Post Number: 862
Curious......

Every time you do a factory reset, everything goes to default settings, what you have to do is:

1.- Do a physical inpection, check which inputs of your diseqc you are using for the sats.
2.- go to installation, then antenna setup, look for the echo 7 and echo 8, then configure each one based on how they are connected.
3.- Go to installation, then do a blindscan on each of the 2 sats you have, you must get the active TP's.
4.- At this point the parental control must give you the option of going to enter the latest keys.
5.- watch TV.

Silver Member

Post Number: 863
Your problem is that you wiped out the whole configuration info for your sats......

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 294
Look here I did screenshots of it for a user

Post Number: 7
When I do a blind scan it says, O Transponder founded. I have not tried Kingfish's suggestion yet. My satellite is on top of my house. I wanted to wait until the Diseqc switch comes in before I make that trip. Since I am unsure of what the problem is, I wanted to continue to troubleshoot until that time.

For Echo 7 I have the below settings:
LNB Type - Standard
LNB Local-Freq - 11250
DiSEqC - #1
Legacy SW - None
Skew: -45
TP - (1) 12223 V 20.000
Positioner Setting - Disable
Satellite Scan - All

Echo 8 is the same except DiSEqC is set to #2.

Level is 30%, Quality is 0.

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 298
I would say put the coax from the echo 7 into the receiver bypassing the switch and see what you get.

let us know.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 1237
Curious: Right away I can say that your DiseqC setting of port 2 for Echo 8.1 is no good. Go through 1,2,3, and 4 if you have 4 to 1 switch and see where there is a signal. You may also go to TP2 and 3 to see the signal.
You did not mention the signal level for port 1 setting of Echo 7. You should see a good signal on Echo 7 somewhere on Port 1 to 4 settings of your switch.
Also don't bother with scan all. Do a blind scan after you have a reasonable DiseqC setting.
One more thing. Did you your your time and zone settings?
Yet one more thing. I would not use the 290 BIN but use the clone safe BIN.

Pansat-C 2700 290v1 Tivo
This is the 290v1 Clone Safe Beta
http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/b-font-color-cd2626-2700-files-font-b/pansat-c-2 700-290v1-tivo-115645.html

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1318
Curious - I would add that prior to doing anyhing follow kinfish's sugestion to see if your antenas are still aligned. After you have done that then follow the instructions above that Nalin has posted.

NOTE OF CAUTION - Do not remove any cables until you have unplugged your STB from the wall.

Post Number: 8
Nalin, I am guessing that when you say go through 1 - 4 to check for a signal, you are referring to in the antenna set up screen. I did go through 1 - 4, each time changing the TP to 1 - 3. The Echo 7 signal is the same as Echo 8, 30% with 0% quality. I reflash with the 290v1 bin file.

I am not sure what you mean by the time and zone settings. My settings currently show:

Time Setting - 12:10 PM (It is currently 8:35 pm EST)
Time Zone - Mountain(GMT - 7:00) (should be EST)
Current Time - 12:17 pm (should be 8:45)
Timer - OFF
The rest does not appear to be pertinent and can not be selected.

Current Time settings are:

Time Set Mode - TDT Auto
Summer Time - OFF
The Year, Month, Date and Time are unselectable.
It shows 2006, 01, 01

PRFRMNJ - It is dark here. I will try Kingfish's technique tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

Thanks to everyone for your responses.

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 307
I still think you need to try to connect the LNB strait into the receiver with no switch. That way you will know if its a switch problem or a antenna problem. Did you ever try that?

Post Number: 9
I just wanted to let you all know that my problem was the DiSeQc switch. When I took it off one of the connections had water coming out of it. I replaced it with a 4x1 switch that came with the weather case. Thanks for your assistance.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1253
Curious: For the past two days I was curious to find out what happened to the curious problem posted by Curious. I am glad to know that the curious problem posted by Curious has been curiously solved by Curious, so there is no need for me to be curious any more.

Silver Member

Post Number: 431

Hey Nalin
This is exactly what I was talking about, when I posted that some people here talk from both sides of their mouth. I will go no farther, I think you get my drift. Have a nice day.
}

Gold Member

Post Number: 1254
My post about "curious" was meant to be an exercise in the use of the word "curious" and hopefully funny at nobody's expense.

Bronze Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 86
I understood it and thought it was funny Nalin,

Silver Member

Post Number: 432

Hey Nalin
That was funny,but King's birthday
posted on Monday, was stupid, not funny.

Silver Member

Post Number: 884
The good thing here is that finally we got someone who learned a little bit more about self solving problems with his/her unit.....if we finally make someone to be curious enough to play and learn from what they have then we were succesful......

Nalin...I also got your point about that phrase, it was a really good word game...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1255
Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 434

I don't think you two clows could teach
anything here.
Nikk,when in the hell did you pop up from?
You two must be hanging out in the same
faget bar.

Silver Member

Post Number: 899
kavin....

I never said I teach, you must do some work around reading.....look carefully....and I don't need your opinion to do things, just think whatever you want, I don't care about your opinion about me, you are not important to me to make me feel in anyway just by reading what is being ejected from your brain.....

Keep helping here, you are doing it kind of good and there's enough space for all of us, so keep in your space, I will still be moving on mine...

This is the first and last answer to a post coming from you......

Bye Bye...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1269
Kevin: You asked me somewhere, why I don't post in many threads. Here is my poetic post based on an old song 'Kiss of Fire'

I touch a thread, and all at once the sparks go flying;
That devil God-man who knows so well the art of lying.
And though I see the danger still the posts go higher
I know I mustn't surrender to the flames of fire.

Just like a torch, he sets the soul of many a burning,
His quest of superiority has no returning,
And though it burns him and it turns him into insanity,
His whole world crashes
Without a post of profanity.

Silver Member

Post Number: 435

Hey Nalin
I know that song ,so don't bid around
the bush. What are you trying to say? Be a man spit it out.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7165
If nalins a man, he's the most feminine man on the planet!...I say she's a busy body chick who would gag a maggot!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1271
Kevin:

I am not beating around the bush. It certainly does not apply to you.
The song as posted applies to only one person in Ecoustics forum and he has just spoken!

Here is another one.
"Full many a maniac lurk unseen,
And through their weight with phantom air"
modified from "An ellgy in the Country Churchyard", by Thomas Gray.

Silver Member

Post Number: 436

Hey Nikk
I was not talking to you. If you stayed in your space in the first place,this never happen.
You came up with some bull sht, that is hard to understand. Are you also from India?
If you are, you know what the Greeks did to
India, so don't push your luck.
put that in your pipe and smoke it.F/H

Silver Member

Post Number: 437

Hell, I have been a fool again. LK you mean
that I was talking to a WOMAN and not to a man.
What a dam SS Greek.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us