Want to get BEV, help me please

Username: Crazy416

Post Number: 1
Hi, I'm from Toronto and right now I have dish network with 2 dishes one at 61.5 and the other 110 or 119 I'm not sure. I've been thinking of getting BEV nimiq 1 to replace 110 or 119 one and to add another dish for nimiq 2, so today I called a few dealers, some said they would install it for me, but one of them said it's illegal and you could be jailed if caught and could be made to pay fine up to 25,000. I want to know wheather it's really true and why is it if you have DISH network in toronto it's okay.

I only really want to get the channel CBN to watch cricket which is not available with DN, so anybody knows if you can get this single channel with BEV or Rogers without having to subscribe to any other packages? Thanks will really appreciate if anyone can answer my questions. BTW, I'm using Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra.

Post Number: 3
Anyone?

Bronze Member
Username: Kriskros

Post Number: 96
stand behind your dish and turn it to the left a little - 30cm maybe, and up a little, 5cm and thats nimiq. if you find the signal to one nimiq, the other one is right next to it, so you can use ductape to tape extra LNB next to first one. I use generic satelite finder and attach it between box and LNB to find signal. good luck.

Post Number: 4
lol thanks for the instructions, but that's not at all what i wanted to know, thanks anyway

Bronze Member
Username: Rogybe

Post Number: 19
Dish Network is illegal in Canada, If you want Nimiq 1 you can get another dish like the one on 61.5 and adjust it to nimiq 1 or if you don't want 119 and 110 than turn that dish to it, with dish that you have for 119 and 110 you can get 110 and 91 just lift that angle maybe 3 degree and turn to south about 5 degree

Silver Member
Username: Letmeon

Post Number: 124
BEV is illegal- one can actually pay to receive it in Can..
DN is ??? U need a legal real Us address to subscribe to DN. Can't if in Can. No address available.
It is a toss up.....

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 262
michael clark ,

Are you unable or unwilling to install yourself? If you are all you need to do is point the dish you are getting 110 with to the bev sat you want. Your receiver is able to receive the channel you are wanting to receive.

Your only choices are to point the dish you have, pay a installer to point it, or par bev for a new receiver and install one of their systems with a recurring monthly fee. The receiver you have now does not transmit anything to the sat's so no one will know what your receiving. Unless you are turned in but its very unlikely. I think the satellite company's are more interested in "busting" retailers that advertise that they sell receivers that can receive their service for free. As i saw here once their are so many houses with not in use satellite antenna's now they cant tell who is a customer or not. I hope this helps you in some way. I am not condoning this just passing on what I have read.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7094
hey U want Bev..its really simple...aim the dish at Bev satellites 82-91W and scan the satellites and upload the latest bin and keys , then watch it...this is NOT rocket science!

Bronze Member
Username: Cntrlaltdel

Post Number: 70
What's on BEV 82 anyways... I thought just HD channels?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7109
Bill..check for yourself at www.lyngsat.com

Post Number: 5
thanks for the help guys. i can pay some installer to point the dishes for me if i can't do it myself, what im more worried is what would happen if someone complained against you. as far as i've heard, if you have dn in canada, it's illegal but you're not punished or anything if caught. if it's BEV, then you might have to pay over $25, 000.

anyway, i might try first myself to see if i can get signal for nimiq 2, right now i have dish at 119 so which way/how far do i have to move it, i don't have satfinder so can i do it without it? thanks a lot

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 288
It can be done without one using your receiver and a helper to tell you when you get a signal..If you can find-borrow something a old BEV receiver its easer...some people even take a small tv that is connected to the receiver to the dish when pointing....I did that once or twice LoL

Silver Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 576
They are both "illegal" now. I would just get someone u know 2 help u with the aiming and install.

If u are caught picking up Dish, u could get busted by the cable and sat providers (they have their own little association to tackle signal theft - any theft).

My understanding of recent incidents is this:
if ur caught with BEv, ur likelier 2 get prosecuted. Because if ur caught with Dish, it's illegal, but it opens up debate about the apparent inadequacy of our current providers.

If it makes the press, it becomes a headache for the signal providers....people start demanding better line-ups, fairer pricing, more competition, and more U.S. television etc....

No one wants more debates about cutting money from CBC, nor about allowing more U.S. channels. So, they shy away quicker from going after sellers of Dish. It becomes a political debate that is better left alone.

They are losing potential customers by them watching U.S. DN instead. But they are really losing if customers learn they can pick up their
current BEV package, and more, free of charge.

PLus, some customers complain that they shouldn't pay so much for a service that others are getting for free. Be careful with the nosey neighbour.

That is one of the major reasons BEV prefers 2 shut down BEV signal theft.

Hope this helps.

Post Number: 6
thanks for the replies. I basically just want to get the channel CBN, but i think you have to subscribe to rogers basic cable package first and i don't want to pay for those channels that i don't want. anyone knows if it is the same with BEV, and if i call them and they install their system, they will obviously see my other 2 dishes used to get DISH, can this get my in trouble?

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 292
AS I said above "As i saw here once their are so many houses with not in use satellite antenna's now they cant tell who is a customer or not"

just put your receiver you use now up while they are their and tell them to leave all your "old" coax alone..Dih Network is coming here to install next week I will do the same

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 406

Hey clark
You asked why is it OK to have Dish Network
in Toronto.Dish Network is a USA provider,
and are not licenses to do business in Canada.
Their customers uses USA address.
Most of these people that install Bell Express Vu satellite systems are Sub- Contractors,
and care less what you now have.Tell the installer that you are going to buy a FTA satellite receiver for FTA satellites AMC-5
at 79.oW and IA- @ 97.oW and if he knows a good receiver to buy.Fill him out,shoot the bull with him, offer him a Bud Light.

BTW Now you know why so many people come here.
Look how many people here are trying to help you. Tell your friends about eCoustics.com
}

Post Number: 7
I just found out you need to have basic local channels so I guess you can't just pay for one international channel. I know there are lots of people in canada getting BEV illegally, so i might as well do it also but i know it's a risk so im in two minds.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 407

Hey dani
A man once told me that if the people
in front of you
} were speeding not
to be afraid to speed with them. I asked him why is that? his answer was they can't
stop everybody.
BTW If you are going to worry about it
don't do it. Go for it.

Post Number: 8
that's the thing if im going to worry about it, then i may as well not do it, but i need to get a few channels( in particular cbn) no matter what so i'm not really sure. btw how likely is it that if you have it, they can find out. i don't worry about my neighbors much so any other way they can find out?

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 579
Dani, first of all... don't get BEV 2 come and install ur dish or anything. Find a friend (or someone through a friend) who can help u install the dish.

And nowadays, and this is IMPORTANT - install ur dish on the ground, if possible. Try to avoid the roofs, or walls facing streets. Just install in backyard to some sort of thick metal pole or something.

This will keep the nosey from asking questions...

Take this from a media person's perspective: we like doing stories on all the dishes in the cities.... why have urs appear on TV??? Just try 2 put it in a place that no one can see if u can. In most cases the signal is fine, and u can move it easily when u need 2.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
I've personally seen a signed letter from Stephen Harper in '04 to my old HU dealer defending a petition to open the skies in Canada to U.S. Satellite... probably woulda' already happened if Steve would of got a majority!!!

Making foreign satellite illegal here was a Liberal doing... namely that bloated Sheila Copps and Jean (whatever his last name is) due to personal interests in Bell.

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 801
Bill,If Harper had a majority goverment ,he would sell Alberta and it's oil,and your a*s to the Americans,for 5$.Thats a fact!

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 580
Bill,

U'd be wiser if u read more than just letters from Stephen Harper.

Truth is, Harper's base is JUST AS protective of Canadian TV "content" -- but for different reasons.

The left, NDP and many in the Liberal Party are looking out for Canadian jobs, culture, and keeping Canadian perspective an available option for Canadians. This is why the left is hesitant about opening the skies completely 2 American television.

The right wing -UR Harper/Mulroney friends have long had an interest in protecting Canadian content as well - but only because their friends at the Bev & Rogers organizations are their friends & traditional base.

Two very differing reasons for the same idea.

But, Harper, and this new Conservative Party, is different from other Conservative governments, and we shouldn't be thrilled by him.

He's different in the sense that he's, personally, not interested in protecting Canadian content, views, jobs, or even his traditional base. His "base" is the North American wealthy.... and he regards THEIR opinion as most important.

That is why Canadians think he IS scary.. he does NOT represent the common interest of Canadians. He represents the interest of the financial elite, and in particular, the U.S. financial elite.

He has written that that policy is what will make Canada stronger - BULLOCKS! How many times do we have 2 see who wins and loses in that kind of neo-con policy?

The rich will get richer and the others.... 2 bad!! This is why some countries had 2 resort 2 gated/armed communities in the past. It's wrong-headed, gredy and dangerous for the nation.

Conservatives believe in letting money dictate policy - and have no regard for culture or lives. Money lets them escape the sewers they create for the rest of us.

The working people of Canada, be they manufacturers, or white collar, gain nothing from Harper policies.... in fact, they will have their social safety net cut even more. That safety net (whether ur for it, or against it, is all some people have for defense).

You need 2 look outside ur/our own borders, and at history for policies that work, and those that do not. That may help u understand what makes a nation stronger. It's not always about what is best for "ME" or u, Bill - it's about what is best for ALL OF US.

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 581
Alberta hates progressive governments.... and what Trudeau did with the National Energy Program really steamed them.

Trudeau saw the oil and gas industry as an industry that should benefit all of Canada. Petro Canada was a part of that policy, and it gave Canadians the option 2 buy gas for a few cents cheaper than the big U.S. company across the street.

That was competition at its best - it forced the others 2 keep their prices lower 2 some degree. And a large portion of that money was put back into roads, jobs and further exploration for Canada. But conservatives went ballistic - saying it was "anti capitalist".

Mulroney abolished that policy immediately. And what we have now is profiteering and an oil and gas industry that is completely milking the American and Canadian public. Just look at the rise of Natural Gas over the last number of years...

Even a staunch capitalist should agree that this was not the intention of the capitalist ideals.

Do u really think it's necessary 2 profit in the hundreds of millions from a resource that rightly belongs 2 everyone? Especially when so many people are struggling 2 heat their homes.

If u are a supporter of capitalist ideals then u should admit that this kind of behaviour is what fuels the left.... and what makes ordinarily peaceful people revolt against the current system. Just look at the Bolshevik Revolution.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
Satscanner... you are a complete f#*king BONEHEAD!!!

Ryer... you can keep trying to save the world one baby seal or starving crack wh0re at a time... I choose Wal-Marts by the millions and HBO/Showtime for everybody!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 806
Yes, We all know that Bill.And comming from you,I'll take that coment as a compliment.

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 582
Sorry Bill,

But Satscanner is not off the mark..... Free trade simply allows the highest bidders 2 take what belongs 2 Canadians, and resell it 2 whomever they want.

Everything we've ever tried 2 hold on 2 & cherish was given up at the stroke of a pen. So Satscanner is right about Harper selling Alberta... problem is: he will sell all of us... because that is the warped way of the neo-con.

"Trying 2 save baby seals":
If we all thought like u Bill, the world would self-destruct rather quicly.... in fact, if u look at the problem in the world today, it IS because of that kind of mind think.

U don't have 2 agree with the progressive thinkers on every issue, Bill.... but u should hope that there will always be a voice of reason 2 warn of the dangers of greed. Sooner or later it will sink in & u 2 will understand.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
I just figured out what the problem with Liberals is... y'all worry too much, you have Panic Anxiety Disorder!

The world's not coming to an end, and we're not f#*king up the earth half as much as you think.

Ryer, the "Oil Boom" here means nothing to me, well, maybe except for the increase in value of my house. I work for the provincial government... and let me tell you, the absolute foolish spending of money on environmental issues in my division alone is staggering. So please don't tell me that Conservatives don't care about the earth.

Greed, you mean Greed like the Liberal's Ad Scam debacle... I'm sure you remember that!

Ryer, all I really care about politically is the freedom to watch whatever channel I want on whatever system I want when I get home from work... everything you bark about on this site humors me, but I really could care less!

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 583
Bill,

First of all, being progressive doesn't mean i necessarily support the Liberal Party or condone all of what the Liberal Party does. But i have no trouble admitting that I prefer them 2 these new Wacko Conservatives.

The Liberal Party is considered by many, as the party of the middle.... they have many many conservatives in there - and those conservatives influence the party a heck of a lot more then the left wing of the party. Even still, i prefer a progressive conservative's ridiculousness 2 ur neo-con Harper's dangerous policies.

And most Canadians see it the same way: Liberals as a compromise between the left NDP and the right neo-cons.

Government waste in Alberta: No kidding!! I'm not for waste either - who is? But I'll bet we will disagree on what waste IS.... and seeing as how u have had a dominant conservative government in power, u can't complain about "waste". Why don't u look at where this "waste" is going? I can bet u it's not going 2 social/progressive causes.

Funny how u don't have a prob with corporate welfare/waste, but u go livid over any mention of progressive/social policies.

And, Bill, conservatives DON'T care about the earth.... they care about money and nationalism, and wasp policies, the traditional "white rich men's policies". Conservatives caring about the earth is equal 2 a firefighter who shows up 2 a brush fire with a squirt gun - GET REAL!

Bill, i'm glad i amuse u, that's partly why i'm here, i'll admit that.

But u should know that u are by far more amusing than i ever hope 2 be. We always look forward 2 ur posts.... they provide for the most pinnacle moments of humour in our day - and we get lots.

In short, ur posts beat the heck out of any water cooler stories.

It's hillarious that u always end with "...but I really could care less", since it was U who once again initiated Harper in a thread.

Anyway, u could care less.....i know.....but i make a point of caring LOTS.

Silver Member

Post Number: 810
What do think his reply is going to be Ryerson?I think I know.lol. And works for the goverment their,It makes total sense! He should work in the private sector,and get a rude awakining!

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 584
LOL...Rude awakening is right!

it is very easy 2 point a finger down at others when a nice government job/pension and union etc.. will look after u.

Not everybody has that option.... some people have to work very, very hard for a minimum wage.... and then try 2 pay for rent and food.

Silver Member

Post Number: 821
There's a difference of Being employed,and working .Bill should google it!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
Satscanner... please enlighten me to what it is that you do for "work", keeping in mind I see you posting on this site at prime "working" hours... so it obviously involves sitting on your a*s in front of a computer... if in fact you work at all...

My guess is I pay for you to chat on the internet all day!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
Oh, and Ryer

PLEASE tell me you're a chick or a f&g... because REAL men don't have such a pu$$y view of sh1t, Seriously!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 827
I work ,robbing,rich houses in rich neighbourhoods of calgary.I make shure their online in there cosy office,on goverment time,then rob them because,of my welfare cutbacks !Workin my way to your house Bill.lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 828
Bill who did you know to get your job,not what do you know.

Silver Member

Post Number: 830
I Think Bill Really works for Bce/BELL,Never helps or gives info to anyone,only spies and gathers info.and hates free tv,ers as he's posted before.

Silver Member

CANADA Charlatan...

Post Number: 588
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
lol!!! I wouldn't p1ss on the best part of that commie piece of sh1t we call BEV, which is clearly their p0rn channels... in fact, I'd have rabbit ears for T.V. before I'd give them a dime of my money... so I definetly wouldn't spy for them, I got FTA for Dish... and when/if FTA dies... I'll go back to paying for Directv!

BEV is like eastern Canada... Inferior!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 838
Bill ,eastern canada inferior to what, the west,or your inferiority complex?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us