Report on viewsat bin 07-01-11 bin(LK STAY AWAY FROM MY THREAD)

Bronze Member
Username: Pachacartier

Post Number: 83
im experiencing little delay when change from channel to channel. also the epg is little slow. my swith are perfect. any idea? is everyone notice or just me . hey also sometime you dont get the picture but down the bar tchange. thanxhere is autoroll processing and this is not diue to the keys . thanx lk just stay away from my thread.and the rest of your friends.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 7120
cartier...U are on a deserted island all by yourself...maybe all YOUR friends (hell, U bashed every single persson here at least 2-3 times) here will help U....then U can bash them too...U bashed everybody who has ever tried to help U!

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 823
Cartier,look out the window.Thats an AMBULANCE.The peopple in the WHITE coats are your friends,there their to HELP you.Do as they say,Ok?

Bronze Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 72
Good Grief Cartier... I have the same problem... but I dont cry about it... and asking LK and his friends STAY AWAY FROM MY THREAD is an invitation for trouble on your part. You asked for it .. hope you like the "HELP"

Bronze Member
Username: Amex

Post Number: 48
"You reap what you sow........"

so now who's gonna help the poor buttlove child?

......................... :-(

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1371
I'll help you! Bend over, grab your ankles and spell RUN....

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 314
Just go to future the home for viewsat. This problem you are posting about is being discussed their.

I also would warn you starting a thread with a title like you just did was asking for trouble.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7125
Jay...Future is the Pansat home site...Total is the Viewsat home site..

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 317
ok sorry I am gonna fix my damn book marks to remind me LOL

thanks for the correction LK

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Hawaii

Post Number: 780
LK, you inadvertently helped Cartier! Now he's gonna be pissed! lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
WHAT YOU DONT UNDERSTAND DIIIICKK HEADSSSSSS I WAS NOT LOOKING FOR HELP. I WAS REPORTING STUFF THAT MAY HELP OTHERS. YOU THINK IM GONNA ASK HELP FROM THIS RETARDED : HAWAIIAN TIME OR PRFRMNJ THAT DONT EVEN CHANGE HIS UNDERWARE FOR WEEK AND RETARDED FROM FUCCKING NJ . MR BILL WHO HARDELY GET A PUSSYYYYYYYYYYYYY DORREN I WAS NOT CRYING I WAS NOT WAITING FOR NEWBIE TO HELP SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN IN FTA FOR 10 YEARS. THE DIFFERENCE FTA IS JUST FREE TV FOR ME WHILE IS GIRLFRIEND FOR MOST OF YOU . OR HAHAHAHAA SATSCANNER THAT DONT KNOW HOW TO SCAN 119W.
SO LONG ANYONE READY TO TASTE GERMAN DICKKKKKKKK GIVE ME A SIGNE.

Silver Member

Hawaii

Post Number: 781
lol

Bronze Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 73
.....WHAT YOU DONT UNDERSTAND DIIIICKK HEADSSSSSS I WAS NOT LOOKING FOR HELP.......

Is it just me or was that " any idea? " a question .. tho it may not be a "help" question none the less a question.
Why ask for anything if it is information and or 'REPORTING STUFF THAT MAY HELP "
UMMM correct me if I am wrong BUT anyone that asks "any idea? " is really asking for information on how to fix this problum. IN OTHERS WORD "HELP"!!!!!
SO CARTIER GERMAN DICKKKKKKKK what are you trying to say?????? if any of us "give" you information you will.....?????? Will what?

Bronze Member
Username: Amex

Post Number: 49
funny how one little dicked german fu.ck

dares challenge a bunch of mean big dicked cowboys
& a mean big "cojoned" cowgirl
(said that with all respect)

Gold Member

Post Number: 7126
Save your breath DJ...hopefully he'll go elsewhere, and they will NOT ban him...then he won't need to come back here..and don't reply to his "goodbye" thread, he'll gert the wrong impression and believe he's wanted here and a help to everyone!...this kid is a mental midget..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
guess what? im not going nowhere now. im going to be around till i fuckk all your sisterssssss it's not me they want me to come back and screw them fuckkkkkkkkkk u alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll all of you waiting waiting for someone to say something u have no life. so let me enjoy your ignorance. hahahahahaa

Silver Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 138
this is the best comdey site on net why go

Gold Member

Post Number: 7128
U were never leaving azzhole..U're too stupid to do that...U know U can't make it at another site...and the ONLY sex U ever had was with Mary Palm!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1378
Cartier - In order to fock anything you have to find what you have! Oh wait, I'll get the microscope! LMAO............ I guess you suffer from that "Short Diick Man" syndrome! LMAO

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
bruce you are right it's comedy show here not fta show. Prfrmnj : you knoW WHO came from nj? hahahhhah . u got the word.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1380
Yeah - Your girlfriend and hasn't left since! Do you miss her? LMAO

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 320
FTA for 10 years? I saw a FTA receiver in a trade magazine probably 6 mabee 7 years ago for a huge price of like $700. A friend of mine had one shortly after that. We all had BUD's and 4DTV's then. The only thing the FTA's could receive then was a few like 60 or so ethnic channels and the great wild feeds. Skip forward to 3 years ago and I still had a 4DTV and 2 bud's in the yard. My friend bought me a pansat(they had started to drop in price to around $200) for a birthday present. Even then the only channels we could receive was ethnic and a few locals from around the country. I am not sure when this "testing" with FTA receivers started but, it had to be after I got rid of my system 3 years ago. I do know that Viewsat VS2000 Platinum came out in October 2005.I was always around the BBS boards and usernet on the satellite subjects so i would have I am sure seen something about it.

It wasn't until 1991 that the first DBS company was formed (Primestar) and it took only a few more years for Primestar (now defunct) and followed by Direct TV (1994) and DISH Network (1996)

I am currently working on writing a complete history of ALL for TV Satellite Communication. So tune in here for more.. LoL

Now that being said I do know that DISH Network dbs receivers were "hacked" about as soon as they hit the market. That was-is a huge deal on the bbs-usernet boards. We as BUD-4DTV users were never interested in the lower quality digital picture you receive from Dish Network compared to 4DTV that is still the only true 100% un-compressed signal.

So I doubt that he was around with a FTA receiver 10 years ago. If he was he would not be in here asking for help like he was right?

Sorry all that point was just bugging me LoL

Gold Member

Post Number: 7133
MPEG-2 Reception...from http://www.lyngsat.com/.

These lists will show current in-the-clear (free-to-air) channels, if you are looking for particular information on the status of a channel or service. Any channel that is now part of an otherwise subscription service but temporarily in free mode should be considered as NOT available on a permanent basis...unless you pay a subscription fee and have hardware for that service. Other broadcasters could be approached individually with an Email, requesting info on what their future plans may be with regard to subscription or free status. The Lyngemark Satellite Chart listed above has Email links and contact information for many channels around the world. Otherwise, do as most hobbyists do...enjoy the free show while it lasts. The number of channels continue to grow, so if your favorite Free-To-Air service goes away or switches to subscription, chances are better than not that something else will soon come along that tickles your fancy.

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 321
LoL LK nice c-p job. I have read that many times for a reference as well.

I am more working up a history of all the receiver's that have been and are out now and what they can receive.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1383
SOMEWHAT HISTORY! This is not the case today...

As with DVB PCI cards, FTA receivers are not manufactured for the purpose of testing. In fact, most FTA receivers on the market will not work for testing! The purpose of such receivers is the reception of unscrambled, in-the-clear television programming. In Europe, that's a multitude of news, sports, music, and even movie channels--all completely free with no subscription required. In North America, that's PBS and a few religious and public affairs channels. That's why there has not been much interest in FTA receivers in the North American satellite TV market. The exception, however, has been foreign nationals living in the United States. There are many unencrypted foreign-language channels on Intelsat Americas 5 at 97 degrees West.

In late 2003, three FTA receivers were discovered to have a weakness that allows the receiver's software to be modified to decrypt encrypted programming. These three receivers are the BlackBird, the Pansat, and the FortecStar Lifetime--also known as the "Silver Bullet".

FTA receivers have proven to not be immune to ECM activity. Although the types of ECMs that effect Echostar Dish/BEV receivers have no effect on FTA receivers, the weakness is the fact that these receivers rely on software that is authored by a single individual in a faraway land. This weakness has been exploited by both Dish Network and Bell ExpressVu.

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 391
Evolution of FTA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

c/p from a fta site... long read but it will give you an idea of FTA manufactures...

I am no expert, but I AM an observer to what has transpired over the last couple of years.
Free To Air receivers have been around more than a decade, but weren't that popular until they started offering solutions to pay provider's encryptions. This didn't happen until DTV tightened up their security issues with the P4.

In the beginning it was the "open source" devices that were first to incorporate algorithms to defeat certain encrypted signals. PCI DVB cards and Dreambox lead the way in opening up these services to the masses. With the ending of the HU stream, and the much tighter P4 platform, Companies already manufacturing a legal device (FTA makers), boldly made a move to increase their product sales. That move was to follow the lead of "open source" devices and incorporate the necessary algorithm in a "firmware" update. Private sources hired coders and adapted new "firmware" to existing units to create the first STB's that boldly offered an alternative to hacking cards. Blackbird was born. Their early units required "private ware" support, and the units were very pricey, but DID work as proclaimed. It didn't take Korea long to see the market for an FTA receiver with 3rd party software updates, that circumvented security features of providers Conditional Access Modules (cards).

Fortec steps up;

The first company to offer a public "free" solution to open secured signals was Fortec. One of their key engineers was assigned the task of "coding" a fix that would make their unit much more appealing to purchase. The name for that engineer was coined from the task at hand. He had to figure a way to incorporate a code to decrypt the signal of pay providers. He had to do this in his off time, & off company premises. Armed with only a notebook and knowlege of what needed to be done, he would sit in bars ALL of his spare time and write in C++ to perfect the code. Hence his nickname Al7bar..(short for ALL 7 days working in a bar till completed) Needless to say he was successful, and Fortec started selling like hotcakes!

Enter Pansat;

Now another smart business man saw the success, and the sales impact of this code creation. His STB unit was being made in the same factory as the Fortec and was so similar in construction, that the newly patched firmware, would work on his units also.
Both Pansat & Fortec were being made in Korea by Globaltech. It was simple to have Pansat engineers look at what Fortec was doing and to start coming out with their own fixes as well. Sales exploded for both of these companies after DTV introduced the P4. It quickly became apparent there was a huge market that was hungry for more Free TV! A spokesman and promoter was brought in to make annoucements, add drama to the forums, and overall, push to increase sales. The guy they picked was loud, arrogant, and purposeful about his duties. He quickly found himself banned and BLACKLISTed from the original FTA site, Al7bar. Blacklist was born! Offering a well established product (Pansat) with the added decrypt capabilities, Pansat was an instant winner for the public. Now we had ourselves some competition between coders.

Introducing "market frenzy";

Sales were beyond optimistic, and at one point Pansat was selling 50,000+ units per month! The owner of Pansat was smiling BIG time, and became a multi-millionaire in a years time. Blackbird became obsessed with protecting their product & investment, and tried in vain to prevent "clones' of their product, by adding an encrypted protection chip to their units and were the first to do a "clone kill" and inadvertantly killed their own boxes. Pansat's spokesman became a bit disillusioned over the money he was to receive, and went looking for another company that had a good product but needed exposure, that he could help find their way in this fast moving market.

Enter Co0lsat;

The owner of Co0lsat had seen Fortec & Pansat take off and sell millions of $$$ worth of product, and also wanted to compete. Originally, all this fast paced sales game had caused a shortage of parts to build units with in Korea. Hyundai saw this and stepped up to provided more parts for ALL competing companies. Hubtech was producing units that were basically the same unit and marketting it under 4 names around the world. Co0lsat was among these names and wanted a piece of the North American pie. With Hyundai support & assistance with firmware, Co0lsat only needed a spokesman to get the product noticed.

Blacklist switches camps;

Blacklist was contacted by the owners of Co0lsat, and in turn contacted me and excitedly told me about Hubtech and the great product being introduced as Co0lsat.
It was immediately apparent their engineers were superior to anything we had previuosly seen, as they were first to implement a working Electronic Program Guide (EPG) to the market. Sales Exploded overnight for Co0lsat as they offered the world a peak at advanced Hyundai coding that worked better than the rest. Unfortunately for the industry, the owner of Co0lsat would prove out to be less than reputable in his dealings with those around him. Blacklist packed up and went back to Pansat and has helped improve their firmware again.

Co0lsat battles "clones"

Not long after Bl left as spokesman for Co0lsat, the popularity of their product became apparent as clones from China hit the N.A. market. With Hyundai engineers & support, Co0lsat was the first company to successfully defend their intellectual rights (firmware they had developed) by introducing a timebomb that killed ONLY cloned units. This was no easy task, yet they pulled it off successfully. It was mismanagement of the company later on that resulted in loss of Hyundai support and financial problems for Co0lsat. Continued mismanagement of the company has caused Co0lsat's unfortunate position in the industry now.

Viewsat debut's a new design;

One of the original partners of Co0lsat had been squeezed out of that company and decided to introduce his own box and a departure of the usual StMicro mainboard. The purpose of the Viewsat quickly became apparent. They had disected a top of the line Dishnetwork box, and had chosen the Conexant mainboard with a much faster processor and more RAM. I was skeptical at first of the change to Conexant based units, but was assured this design had merit. It's over a year later, and the design has proven itself well. The difference that seperates this unit from the others has been their purposeful commitment to the N.A. market and the leaps & bounds of improvements they've introduced. With over 500,000 units now in service, the company strives to bring the end user what they want. Features have been added that were a direct result of forum members input on what they wanted to see in a unit. With some 70 engineers at their disposal, they are here to stay.

Others follow;

While this post may be a bit long winded, there were alot of milestones that needed to be mentioned. I haven't covered all of these, just the ones I've witnessed or been privy to. As Dishnetwork began the switch to N2, and it wasn't immediately apparent that these companies would have a solution, I staunchly held & reported N2 would fall. South Korea is one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world. Much of their knowlege comes from the "shared technology" pool of information available there. While nobody could say for sure that N2 would fall, I firmly believed this country would find a way to beat the system. On Aug 31st. when Dishnet switched 160+ channels to N2, within 6 hrs. Korea responded by adapting a known European N2 hack from Spain into the firmware releases. Co0lsat, Viewsat, Pansat, all released N2 fixes that stunned everyone but me. Fortec had already packed it in and given up on the N.A. market due to the competition and their fear that N2 would prove to be secure. Today, some 11 mo. later, they decide to return..

The Saga continues;

Many new companies have cropped up. Many are still forming. Competition is fierce, and the FTA market has grown incredibly. I have NEVER doubted FTA would be the #1 sought after solution. I did however under estimate the total sales figures of all of the players combined. There are some 4 million FTA units currently in service (approx. 1/3 of a certain providers subs). This doesn't sit well with the 2 major providers in Canada & the U.S. We will surely continue to see them pull out all stops to defeat these companies that manufacture FTA units. I have always told you guys the truth to the best of my knowlege. I have predicted much of what has occured, and I still firmly believe that with GREED as a motivation, these companies will continue to provide solutions for whatever they throw at us. My biggest fear is that the S.E.C.,& the F.C.C. will succumb to pressure being applied by these providers and institute some type of sanctioning body that will enforce trade agreements, and limit the importing of these devices. As it stands now, there appears to be no end in sight. Mpeg 4 is awhile off and presents the next hurdle for these companies. New units are in development & future units DO include mpeg4 & HD capabilities.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1402
Albino - Post that in my thread "FTA Basics & History". Good info.

Silver Member

Hawaii

Post Number: 782
Great info Albino, very interesting.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
bull shittttttt what info ? this thread was for a different than what the fuckkkkkk u r talking about./ and u call yourself pro my asssssssssssssss

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 837
No one cares about you or your posts cartier.Got it?If you give others some respect,they will do the same.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us