LNB setting

Username: Dshdick

Post Number: 3
Hi,

I have configured the Pansat but I am not getting all the channels. I am confused with the Satellite installation.
My dish network satellite has 110, 118 and 119 in the order mentioned. What satellites should I choose and what should be the setting for DiscEq in order to get all the channels? Please advise

Thanks,
Dsh

Silver Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 410
this is for pansat 2500

2500 how to set up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS, HAVE QUESTIONS LOOK HERE BEFORE YOU POST

Friends are like a head of hair. You might lose some but with enough money you can buy them back.

We need a new bin. This 287t is good but not all channels will work. Below are instructions to get your receiver up and running for when we do get a new bin.

287t bin has Auto-Key & Auto-TP-Roll &, Safe For All Fortec Lifetime Ultra Clone's & Pansat 2500a. This is NTSC not PAL
Read all of these instructions and you will have less questions and may learn something.
TP auto-roll will NOT find the channel if it moves to another Satellite.

I am NOT taking credit for this bin just the instructions. Chancysand & others get the bin credit.

PLUGGING IN CABLE.
Make sure you plug in the cable from the dish to the receiver at the IF 13/18v INPUT. Not the ANT IN. The cables coming from the dish to the switch should be put on the switch at the same number as you have set in your receiver. "Example", 119 cable goes on number 1 on the diseqc switch and the receiver has #1 for 119 in the program.

HOW TO FLASH.
You can flash (load) your receiver with this bin on top of the bin (file) you already have. It will replace it.
Use a STRAIGHT THROUGH CABLE RS232C to your receiver from the computer. Take the cable off going to the LNB to be safe.
If you have the year model Dec 2004 or newer you can clone it or you MAY need to use a USB to Serial cable 26-183 at a Computer store.
Download the recommended file .zip
Download a loader, BLACKLIST UPDATER.ZIP It don't ask model name.
UNZIP both files. You can use WinZip or Winace.
Click on BLACKLIST UP LOADER.EXE to start it. Set the COM PORT and select the word BIN.
Click on BROWSE then put in the bin you want (note it is a bin & NOT zip)
Turn receiver on from the back, when FIRST bar starts then click FIX on the loader in our computer.
After you get compleat at the computer the ON will display in your receiver. Your receiver is flashed.
If you get (Night Rider) NR ------- dashes instead of the ON then flash with the 276 Factory bin to bring it back, Do a Factory Set and start over again. You can also use the 228 factory bin to bring back your receiver.
If you have no lights (NOTHING) on your receiver then you will need to jtag. You can try a Jtagless fix first.

A MENU SETUP FOR 110 & 119 & WITH TWO SEPARATE LNB's & ONE DiSEqC OR A 22Khz SWITCH. Or A DISH PRO LNB, and no motor to move the dish
YOU MAY NEED TO FIX YOUR SATELLITE SETTINGS AFTER A FLASH & SET THE DEFAULT KEY.
The TP's below are close and will give you the channels that are there.
MENU to INSTALLATION then OK then OK in ANTENNA SETUP, then to the Satellite you want then OK.
----------------ECHO 7 = 119-----ECHO 8,10 = 110 ----- a third SATELLITE not mentioned.
LNB type --------- Standard ------------- Standard--------------Standard
LNB local-Freq ---- 11250------------------11250-----------------11250
22Khz -------------- ON----------------------Off--------------------OFF you can only have two satellites with this switch
DiSEqC -------------- 1------------------------2----------------------3
SKEW --------------- 0 -----------------------0----------------------0 this setting is if you don't have a motor to move the dish.
TP ------------ 12224V20.00-----------12224V20.000--------12224V20.000
Positioner Setting -- Disable----------------Disable--------------Disable
Satellite Scan ------ ALL----------------------ALL-------------------ALL click OK here to scan for channels.

HOW TO SET DEFAULT KEY.
MENU, PARENTAL CONTROL, OK, down to SECOND PIN put in 1668 then OK then down to SET DEFAULT KEY then OK. You may need to set the DEFAULT KEY after you get channels or you may get the scrambled message.

HOW TO DO A FACTORY SETTING
MENU, down to FACTORY SETTING then OK. When you do this you will clean out your channels.

You can turn key auto-roll ON or OFF. YOU NEED TO KEEP KEYCODE ON. Don't turn KEYCODE off or it will not look at any keys & TV will not work.
MENU then PARENTAL CONTROL then OK then to bottom at SECOND PIN then 1668 then down to AUTOROLL OPTIONS then OK. Side arrow will change key autoroll then OK then EXIT.

DISH PRO & CHANNEL MASTER & CHANNEL LIST.
A Dish Pro LNB has one or two eyes in one casing with a black label saying Dish Pro. If you use a channel list you need one for your Dish Pro. Or you can convert the channel list to Dish Pro with Channel Master. If you scan for your channels with your DP then you are OK.

TIME SETTING & EPG ELECTRONIC PROGRAM GUIDE
Each time you turn the receiver ON you will be asked if you want the EPG. Click OK to download the EPG, this is the guide to tell you what is on. If you say EXIT you may only get one or two hours of the guide. If you need to refresh the EPG for any reason just turn the receiver OFF & ON from the front. Make sure the GMT, time, date & day are correct. Use the side arrow to change the GMT and the number pad to change the rest. Use Military time. You need to be on 119 or 110 Satellite to download EPG. After the guide download you can click on GUIDE then SIGNAL on the remote. You will get what is on for several hours. If you have changed the Satellite name from ECHO to DISH you may not get asked if you want to download the EPG when you first turn on the receiver.

CHANNEL ORDER
If your channels are in a sid (channel) number order and not in the order you numbered them to be, do this. In Channel Master right click on the word SATELLITE then click on ADD SATELLITE. Put DUMMY for the name then click OK. Move the word DUMMY from the bottom of the Satellite list to the top so it's first. Also you should change the word ECHO to DISH on each Satellite you are getting. Right click on the Satellite you want to change then click on PROPERTIES then change ECHO to DISH. You can save it in CM. If you change the ECHO name you may not get asked to download the EPG when you first turn on the receiver.

RESET RECEIVER
Sometimes you need to do a reset, (hard boot). Turn power off then on from the back.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
This will show you what bin and boot file you have on your receiver.
Click on MENU then down to SYSTEM INFORMATION.

It is a must for all FTA users to have these tools. Below is just to get you started.
KEYMASTER - Will give you keys.
DISHPOINTING - Will give you dish settings.
FIND what SATELLITE, what TP, what CHANNEL NUMBER including locals.
CHANNEL MASTER. Fix or make your own channel list.

SWITCH
SW21 switch will not work with Ultra. That is a DN switch. You will need a SW22 to work with Ultra. You can also use a DiSEqC switch. This switch is good but some receivers have trouble with it switching. A trouble free switch is a 22kHz switch. It will switch every time and will not give you any trouble. But only has two connectors for two LNB's. So if you use more then two LNB's I would go for the SW22 switch. A good indication of a bad switch is. When you change to a channel that is on another Satellite and the channel don't work. But if you turn the receiver OFF & ON in the back the channel will work.

CHECK TO SEE IF YOUR AUTO-ROLL WILL AUTO-ROLL. OR MANUALLY CHANGE DN KEYS
MENU then Down to PARENTAL CONTROL then OK
At bottom in SECOND PIN put in 1668
Then down to NAGRAVISION 2 then OK
In PROVIDER ID side arrow to 01 01 for *N. Then down to KEY NUMBER then side arrow to change 00 or 01 then down to KEY DATA and change one or more of the numbers. Then click OK to save then exit all the way out.
The % should show and may go well above 100 before you get a picture.

HOW TO MANUALLY CHANGE KEYS ON PROVIDER 09 01
Same as above but use in PROVIDER ID 09 01
When done make sure you click OK to SAVE

HOW TO CLONE ONE LIFETIME ULTRA RECEIVER TO ANOTHER ULTRA
Use a Nul cable, OR a Straight through cable RS232C with a Nul Modem adaptor from Radio Shack number 26-264B. Unplug the LNB cable from the master receiver to be safe. Then hook the master receiver to the TV. Now plug the Nul cable into both receivers. Click MENU on the Master receiver with the slave receiver turned off.
Go to USER SETUP click OK then scroll down to S/W Transfer then click OK. Then you can select between CODE for the bin or DATA for the channels with the side arrow. If it don't work you may need to flash or clone it with the 276 factory bin first then try clone again.

HOW TO GET YOUR TV SCREEN FROM PAL TO NTSC
Make sure the channel 3/4 switch in back is set correctly with your TV.
Turn receiver on then click MENU on remote once
Click down arrow three times on remote.
Click OK on remote.
Click side arrow on remote until you can see TV.
There are 3 settings. NTSC,AUTO & PAL

FIND SATELLITES & WHERE TO POINT DISH.
Dish Pointing US & Others
h**p://www.ftahome.com/
Point Your Dish
h**p://www.emantechnology.com/lookangle.asp
FIND A SKEW
h**p://www3.telus.net/rampage/skew.ht

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1261
Justice Good Post, but you flashing proceedures are off a little. Those proceedures are for recovering from Night Rider Lights. If you don't have night rider lights you will cause the receiver to get them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1262
The process described by Nalin above is for fixing receivers with Night Rider lights which is what you have now! This happens when the boot sequence in the system is interrupted and the only way to fix it now is to follow the same proceedure.

Now while this is going to cause hate and discontent among those in here, these are the proper proceedures to follow when flashing either a Pansat or Fortec... (Nalin I am copy pasting part of your proceedures that are correct)

1. You will need a 9 pin F/F cable - for Pansat 2500 and clones it is a staight DB9 RS232 cable.
2. Download the 287T BIN. Unzip it using winzip.exe
3. Download BL Updater 1.4
4. disconnect the cable from the LNB or Switch coming into your receiver.
5. Keep the receiver off and connect the DB9 cable to the receiver and computer.
6. Start (Run) BL Updater. Default COM1 should be OK in most case, but if it does not work you can change it to COM 2.
7. Select BIN and get the 287T Bin ready in the window for uploading.
8. Turn your receiver on from the back and allow it to complete its BOOT Sequence.
9. Once you see the "ON" on the front display, turn it off from the front.
10. Now commence your download and wait until it is completed and the receiver has shut off and powered back on.
13. Disconnect the receiver, connect it to the LNB or Switch and turn it on.
14. Let the autoroll work - if it does not, turn autoroll off. Make sure the time and zone settings are correct. If necessary, install the keys manually.
15. Scan your satellite if necessary.

It is very imprtant that you follow these in order to avoid getting night rider lights! While I know others would like to argue this point, I've been doing it for a long time and rather then attempt to dispute this I suggest you try it first.

There has been every now and then a receiver that just didn't want to work, but then I've forced the bin in using Nalin's proceedure which are the correct proceedure to follow if you have NIGHT RIDER LIGHT only...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1263
DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE NIGHT RIDER LIGHTS

c/p

Turn receiver on from the back, when FIRST bar starts then click FIX on the loader in our computer.
After you get compleat at the computer the ON will display in your receiver. Your receiver is flashed.

THIS WILL CAUSE NIGHT RIDER LIGHTS

Gold Member

Post Number: 1264
Last but not least:

----------------ECHO 7 = 119-----ECHO 8,10 = 110 ----- a third SATELLITE not mentioned.
LNB type --------- Standard ------------- Standard--------------Standard
LNB local-Freq ---- 11250------------------11250-----------------11250
22Khz -------------- ON----------------------Off--------------------OFF you can only have two satellites with this switch
DiSEqC -------------- 1------------------------2----------------------3
SKEW --------------- 0 -----------------------0----------------------0 this setting is if you don't have a motor to move the dish.
TP ------------ 12224V20.00-----------12224V20.000--------12224V20.000
Positioner Setting -- Disable----------------Disable--------------Disable
Satellite Scan ------ ALL----------------------ALL-------------------ALL click OK here to scan for channels.

Unless you are using a 22khz switch this setting should be turned off for ALL Sats...
Specially if you are using a DISEcQ Switch

Gold Member

Post Number: 1265
Actually there is one more thing. SW switches are not FTA friendly. DP switches are the ones recommended.

Silver Member
Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 237
All that was great but the post was:
My dish network satellite has 110, 118 and 119 in the order mentioned. What satellites should I choose and what should be the setting for DiscEq in order to get all the channels?

I will try to address their question with no intent of hurting anyone feelings.

It would be very hard for us to tell you the correct settings on your DiSEqC switch without being their seeing how you ran your coax to-from the dish. You will just have to know what coax goes to which LNB is pointed to whatever sat (like 110 for example) I have all of mine here marked with tape ON THE COAX so its foolproof.

After you get your DiSEqC settings correct I would suggest you just do a scan of each SAT.

If you are having trouble finding out what SAT your are pointing at here what I did with my pansat

I had a list from lynsat of channels that were on 110, 119 etc and compared what I was finding with a blind scan.

If you have any trouble just let us know we will help ya

Gold Member

Post Number: 1267
Jay - You are correct, but if someone would have read the above posts and follow the instructions without being corrected, they could damage their STB. That's why I corrected it.

However, standard (and when I say this I mean what we installers follow is)

DISEcQ Settings

119 = 1
110 = 2
118 = 3

We do this so that when others are helping we can easily trouble shoot systems. But that doesn't mean that everyone installs the same. It is a standard adopted.

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 239
PRFRMNJ,

I am glad you corrected the post it needed it. I almost put that as well for his DISEcQ Settings as well its the standard.

118 thats the beam sat right with the locals on it?

might explain why i have a dish 500 not getting what it should but I am about to decide I hate that dish 500 LNB and just get a different on on that dish.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1271
Jay - Spot beams are done by the same sat 119. I really don't know if 118 was a typo. I'm about to go look up info on that... LOL

Are you using the Dish Pro or Dish Pro Plus LNB?

Silver Member

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 240
LoL me too on the 118

not sure if its pro or pro plus

its a ice storm going on outside so I am not going up today to see LoLUpload

Username: Dshdick

Post Number: 4
I actually wanted the Asian channels that are on Echo 7. I want to know what should be my LNB settings to get these channels?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us