No Signal

Bronze Member
Username: Mph201

Post Number: 33
I'm not getting any signal on any of my satellites. I have 119,110, and 61.5. The quality on all three of these satellites is 0, and the level for all three satellites is 32%. I was just wondering what the problem might be. The weather here in Canada is a little cloudy with light rains. The weather usually doesn't affect it in a way it's doing right now. Any suggestions or solutions?

Bronze Member
Username: Poser

FTAPlayGround.NETFTAPlayGroun...

Post Number: 58
if ur setup was working fine and now it's doing that since the signal is very low too I guess there's something wrong with ur switch, if u disconnect the cable from the back of the receiver without powering off the box from back switch it can damage the diseqc switch, so check it out and replace with a spare if u got one, also make sure the dish is aligned and nothing is blocking it,

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 284
Before You start making changes
What are the chances that your crimps are not perfectly crimpped causing moisture in contacts or in switch typical devective switch or crimps too big for wire sipping water in
Have you checked that if your dish(s) 2 top bolts gotten loose.
Weather and clouds may have something to with reception but start with basics

Good installation will work better (this is just a guess)
King

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Thanks for the suggestions. I never took out the cable from the back of the receiver without turning the box off. And as for something blocking the dish, there's nothing blocking it. Nonetheless I will check outside and take a closer look at the switch and the dish. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Poser

FTAPlayGround.NETFTAPlayGroun...

Post Number: 62
diseqc switches can die at any given time simply due to weather specially if they are of a cheap brand which they mostly are, other things causing this could be a bad connection somewhere, since all sts r gone at the same time this if the case should be the cable going from switch to receiver,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
True, I just checked out the switch and it's pretty messed up. It's rusted and pretty wet. So can anyone suggest a good quality switch for a pansat 2700a?

Silver Member

Post Number: 300
ebay
just type DISEqC

Why don't to try with receiver off connect each Sat with a coax coupler one at a time this way you know for sure it is not your cables or connectors and make sure everything else is good
Goodluck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Yup, I connected each cable directly without the splitter and it's working perfectly. So, for sure it's the splitter.

Silver Member

Post Number: 301
Don't order a splitter
It is called DISEqC switch

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
O yeah, lol yeah I know. I'm just used to calling them splitters. But yeah, I'll probably get a Pansat 4X1 DiSEqc switch. I appreciate all the help.

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 627
Should keep switches close to receiver,easy to replace and better performace switching,also you don't have to worry about moisture and temperature changes affecting it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 302
You'll save a lot of wires and connections if it is close to dish.
Good brands will be weather proof.
But I suggust rubber cover before you crimp along with good crimps. They do have a home depot each crimp is like $1.00 but you need a special crimpping tool.

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Tennessee

Post Number: 503
crimp tool- 35.00
box of ten connectors- 6.00
p0rn without loosing picture...priceless

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 6825
Switches (disque) are $7 ...very cheap...buy a few...they go bad easily...and do try and keep them out of the weather (attic, basement ect)...or in a tupperware container and Loop the cable so water won't get in...and ALWAYS UNPLUG receiver when messing with cables and connections and switches!

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 629
I use the knurded screw on with heat shrink tubeing and "O" ring inside, supertite better than any crimp.And I use a "GEL" non setting silicone sealant on the threads.It's a completely submerseable connection and inexpensive.50 cents cdn. per connection.

Silver Member

Post Number: 304
Great one dantetn
Stay in touch I'll need your help as a charcter

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Sweet, thank you for your kind suggestions and tips. I'm lucky enough not to buy that crimping tool since a buddy of mine has one. I shall crimp, cover and keep the switch out of the weather. Thanks once again.

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1092
MPH - The reason you keep the switch as close to the receiver as possible is because it works off a pulse. The further the switch the weaker the pulse which can cause you to have problems switching from one sat to another. Don't be concerned about saving cable if you are looking for better performance and do keep it out of the elements as LK and others have stated. They go bad easily. Last but not least, the easier access the easier to replace if needed!

Silver Member

Post Number: 311
And what exactly kind of pulse won't go thru 100 feet of coax cable?
Whether if it is 22k Hz or 18 volts make no difference. If you use Quad shield (RG-6) with good connectors covering each connector with rubber it will solve many related problems.

Users that burn DISEqC switches mainly due to poor connectors or not covering threads with any insulation from weather. Also when connected during receiver on can spike voltage and current thru skinny coils inside switch. 22K Hz tone is no harm it is the voltage if shorted due to conductive water or sudden spikes

The only advantage if it goes bad can be easly replaced
But if you teach users how to install it correctly won't need to replace it

Gold Member

Post Number: 1093
King - It's a tone burst and it's a recommendation, but if you are here to try to match witts then I suggest you go look elsewhere..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1094
Wow - I had forgotten you are the God of information. And if it's not done your way it's wrong. Well I guess I'm done in this forum. It seems you have it well under control with your expertise.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1095
You are right about one thing King - The tone burst will travel a max 100 feet of coax cable. Since I don't know anyone's setups and to make it easier on them, I always recommend placing the switch as close as possible.

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 348

Hey PR be cool.
On a motorized Dish Setup you will also
have to allow for voltage drop.
Most of these Rotors operate on 13/18 Volts DC.
BTW if you use coax cable RG-11 you can go over 200 feet.
}

Gold Member

Post Number: 1099
Kevin - Good post. I personally haven't worked with RG-11, but this is good to know.

By the way, I wasn't mad in the other thread! LOL

I was just posting the instructions to load Viewsats.

Eventually those who don't know me will understand that I only post here from personal experience and testing. IF I happen to post something that I've research, I always close my post by saying "I take no credit for the work, only for the time to research it"...

Thanks for the info above!

Silver Member

Post Number: 312
Guys
I never make fun of anyone
Sometimes I put pressure on people to learn it right
I never use foul language and I respect everyone
Electronics is no god's gift it's an education
Voltage is never a problem in coax 15 volts or 15mv
It is the electrical current, frequency
Frequency can be ultered/changed due to inductance and capacitance
No twisting= very low inductance
Good shielding=good capacitance

So don't get mad at me if I asked you what tone pulse
I thought you might be talking about a frequency that I wasn't familiar with that's all. I do like your approaches and how you want to help people

I just wanted to correct a myth
If you want me to give you formulas to calculate Inductance and capacitance I'm a pro at this
I wanted to have a smile that's all
King

Gold Member

Post Number: 1100
King - We are good! I will be the first to admit "Electronics" is not my cup of tea. It's all good. I'm just trying to help people by suggesting things that make it easier on them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 315
I know
Believe I see recommendations like this on the back boxes of many electronics parts all the time. Doesn't mean they got it right

You want to hear a good one
Someone with a Panasonic DVR and a Hard drive Unit connected to Direct TV dish and was woundering why can't get see guide on screen because remote has guide key

So she did the right thing to call Panasonic asking Is it possible to get guide when she presses guide. A tech told her Yes that she indeed can get guide without a problem

Even service techs gen get confused with cable and Satellite

Gold Member

Post Number: 1101
LOL Good one!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us