Sat dvd recorder set up

Bronze Member
Username: Bladam

Post Number: 100
I broought a daytek dvd recorder, in order to record movie from Dish Net, but for some how not able to record movies from sat, I don't know what is it tha I am doing wrong, I don't have a S-Video cable, would that had made a difference

Silver Member
Username: Satscanner

NDS Laboratory

Post Number: 482
Go to the dvd recorder forum here,they can help you,I think it has something to do with copywrite protection so you need to use a video stabilizer and finallize the format.

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 185
Not at all
You can record from Sat no need for S-VHS either
I use *3 wire (RCA cable) out from receiver to recorder V/A input and out of recorder to TV
You most be able to see video on your TV to make sure recording goes thru

*3 wire RCA cable is usually yellow, white, red

Bronze Member
Username: Grub

Post Number: 24
will the s video cable give a better quality>or would it be the same with the rca?

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
Thanks you all are the best, this forum is the best forum around

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
Thanks you all are the best, this forum is the best forum around

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 188
S-VHS and component output(RGB) are same analog signal. If you'r using HD this is best solution if you don't want tp pay $100 for HDMI cable.

For standard definition and new TV's and receivers are about the same they (yellow V-output) is composite RGB are all analog very minor difference due to port calibration can vary from brand to brand. You'll see more of a difference to older models like 10 year old TVs. Lately with LCD, Plasma and DLPs about same I only notice difference on old devices.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us