Fortec Lifetime Ultra - Downloading Solution

Silver Member
Username: Asharfi

Post Number: 121
Hey friends,

Some people are having problems loading the new bin into their Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra. If you're one of them, then please read everything that is below CAREFULLY.

You need RS 232 female-female serical cable. (Straight Cable for Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra)

Click on this link: www.dsscentral.net (remove * from the link) and click on File Archive at the top left hand corner and then click on "Other FTA". Then, click on "Fortec" and select the file name "Clone Fix Pantec - Fortec X-85BL 060297 279T db api(N)" and download it.

How to load bin from your PC into your Fortec Lifetime Ultra:

Open the loader and select the file that you downloaded from www.dsscentral.net. Type "Pansat 2500" where it says STB Model. Click on download to transfer the bin file to your receiver. Make sure that your receiver is on and you've connected the serial cable from your PC to your receicver. If you get this message "Flash Update Failed...", then please select different COM port from the top. Make sure that you'tr using RS 232 female-female serial cable. (Staright cable)

I'm telling you people to put "Pansat 2500" inside the STB Model area bcause if you put "Lifetime Ultra", it's not going to work.

The information that is above, is for Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra receivers ONLY. If you're still having any kind of problems, please post them or email me. My email address is : asharfivig@msn.com

Good Luck!

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
Hey friends,

I just checked that www.dssnetwork.co.nr finished their download page. The latest bin for Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra is available at www.download.dssnetwork.co.nr.

Bronze Member
Username: Shokaran

Montreal, QC Canada

Post Number: 14
hi asharfi

i have pansat 2700A and i want to sent file to my receiver by my laptop who there isnt any female port.so i use usb adapter that one way is usb port and another side i use one pice female -female to connect to receiver.but i did every thing correctly but when i click download in the downloader bin didnt goes to receiver. please help me what i have to do.

i appreciated in advance

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
Shokaran,

I am really not familiar with USB serial cables. But I think that you put one in your PC and the other with 9 Pins, to your receiver. Make sure you have the correct wire because there are a lot of wires that looks exactly like yours. Everything will be easy if you have a Desktop computer. Do you have a place where you can plug a 9 pin serial cable? If you're laptop is very new, then you will not have it. Just buy a modem from a computer store which converts USB into 9 bin serial cable.

Username: Moddy

Hamilton, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 6
Hi guys,
Since PPV chanels went off iam just thinking of breaking my TV but I hard some guys are getting them back, my receiver is fortec star can anyone tell me whats going on? I am getting comfused of this downloading Bin and so on, please heeeeelp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
Hey Moddy,

You have Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra, right? New bin and the original loader is available on www.download-dssnetwork.co.nr. The bin is working good and all PPV, Adult channels, etc are working.

Go to www.download-dssnetwork.co.nr and download the bin and enjoy TV.

Silver Member
Username: Pannu16

Post Number: 194
Asharfi it says flash update fail, tried changing ports too!! nothin still!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
Hey Pannu,

Are you sure you have the correct serial cable?

Some receivers use RS 232 female-female Staright cable and some use RS 232 female-female Null cable. Which receiver do you have?

Bronze Member
Username: Djibo75

Post Number: 36
Hi Asharfi

Why Classic lifetime is not up? Where is the fix for that receiver! Now I am seriously thinking to buy Viewsat because it is proved that the classic lifetime is the latest receiver updated in the world of FTA.

Cordially

Silver Member
Username: Pannu16

Post Number: 195
i am using the cable which is used for ariza 700!!
also used it for satcruiser.
so i am usin the same cable!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
Pannu,

Make sure that you're using the correct computer port.

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
Hey Djibo,

If you're seriously planning to buy a new receiver, then buy Viewsat Platinum or Extreme. They're the best receivers so far, and their files/fixes comes fast.

Bronze Member
Username: Nfl

Post Number: 48
that's right, viewsat rules. I would prefer VS xtreme...great box.

Username: Moddy

Hamilton, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 7
Asharfi Vig,
U are the real computer here, thanks for your support, regarding my question just pretend u are dealing with a dumb kid in class,yes I have Fortec Star Liftime Ultra and I went to that web U provide but Im not able to download I dont know whats the problem but even after downloading whats the next step? is it possible to explain from A to Z ????

Username: Helpme06

Post Number: 1
Hai Ashrafi,

I couldn't see the "Pansat 2500" option from STB model area. After transfering bin file what shld we do? Do we need to set the echo settings?Can you please help me?

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
Hey Moddy,

Yesterday, that website's server was down. Today, it's up and running. That website got a new look. Bins for Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra and Pansat 2500a are there and more will come soon. I'm also helping the admin improving that website. So, go to www.download-dssnetwork.co.nr, and if you see some kind of advertisement, then click on "Skip Ad" at the top right hand corner. And if you still get ads, then click "Refresh". After the webpage is loaded click "Refresh" again. Then click on Fortec Star Files and download the latest fix.

I also downloaded the fix for MY fortec star lifetime ultra and it's working excellent.

good luck

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
Hey Moddy,

Right now I am not at home, but when i'll go home, I'll email you the instructions that will tell you what you have to do after downloading the bin file. Tell me your email.

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
John,

You have successfully downloaded the latest fix? If yes, then go to MENU and click on "Factory Reset", this will delete all the channels. Then re-scan your all satellites. And if you still get nothing, then enter the following keys:

Key 00:
24 D2 1E 6D 11 F0 95 1A 6F 74 6E BD BC C6 92 54
Key00 - (active)
Key 01:
51 1C 68 07 3A E0 1E CE D9 49 D0 52 E9 DB BE 0C

and turn autoroll-ON

Username: Westrincon

Post Number: 6
will this work for Fortec lifetime classic NA?

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
Elvin,

The keys will work and you'll get only 1 or 2 local channels. But you try to download that bin to your receiver, you'll fry your receiver.

Bronze Member
Username: Nfl

Post Number: 51
If you guys still need bin download for pansat, fortec, viewsat, cool*sat...go to this website, no sign-up required, one click download.

http://www.chochcrib.net/forums/thread.jsp?cat_ID=6&cat_TYPE=ENT&cat_NAME=FTA%20 SATELLITE

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
Hey friends,

See, I'm helping you all. I also need help. One of my friend is having some stupid problem. He/She is saying that when they try to download the bin to their receiver, it says "the memory is full". Do you guys know how to clean the memory? Please Help!!!

Username: Yfcrurka

Post Number: 2
Hello everyone,

I have Fotec Ultra Lifetime. I downloaded bin to my PC. But i am having error when i am loading it to my reciever. It's giving me error message"STB model name is not correct" I typed "Pansat 2500" and "Lifetime Ultra" inside STB Model type but it's giving me same error.

Can some one please please help,

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us