$750,000 for Map57... was it worth it??

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmeat

Post Number: 72
anyone know how much inventory these guys cleared in the time they had fix and no one else did? think the 750 was worth it?

Bronze Member
Username: Banej

Post Number: 63
yes it was and if dn tries implementing Map57 again VS will have a fix and PS wont

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmeat

Post Number: 75
yeah, ur right... so i guess you can count on dn NOT doing that.. why the fawk would they??

Silver Member
Username: Jojogun

Fairfield, CA United States

Post Number: 145
I'm still not convinced that viewsat paid for a fix. I'm still thinking that it was a rumour started by the pansat people to save a little face. I'm thinking that the viewsat coders delivered the last fix by decoding and not by purchase.

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Hawaii

Post Number: 587
If Viewsat didn't pay for the fix, they should have just came out and said that their coders provided the fix. That would have cleared it all up.

Bronze Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 85
True, if they really cracked it, VS would have been bragging big time.
If 3B is as bad as what some folks are saying, then VS might have to pay MORE than $750k - unless you believe that they have the full rom102 dump. Without a full dump, and facing massive ECMs, the cost of getting a new fix could put FTA out of business, unless they decide to go with auxed cards (like CS) or IKS solution (like Neosat).
There are solutions, but maybe a cardless solution is coming to an end.
We will have a lot of clarity by October on the future of cardless FTA.

Bronze Member
Username: Eat_fish

Mount forest , Ontario Canada

Post Number: 40
If they did pay for a fix it was to clean out there inventory lets hope they didnt sell it all and they release another fix
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us