What am I doing wrong?

Silver Member
Username: Bobkakabobkaka

Post Number: 302
Hello Guys,

Usually, I have my dish pointed to Echo 1.2/Ku @ 148, but today I decided to move around a bit, I moved the azmith to about 230 degrees and the elevation to about 32 degrees ( I dont have a compass BTW) but I have a signal finder box. So I had the box hooked up and at those measurements I picked up a satellite... When I went into the Pansat 2500a installation screen, I scrolled on all the sats and none of them had signal? What am I doing wrong?

Silver Member

Post Number: 303
Someone answer me!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 304
Come on guys stop being useless.

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 1375
Do you need check tp/satellite signal. NOt in all tp do you have signal. Scan. Delete all channels and scan again. For look angle, buy a compass :-) its smater solution.

Silver Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 104
you need to know what satellite you are trying to point to. then go into your box and bring that bird on the screen. assuming you have the right LNBF and you are pointed to the right bird, blind scan it.

Username: Aae2k2

Post Number: 3
You need to get a PM900 motorized dish and stop finger-jacking with it!!!

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 325
Just try to get it where it was before and the do RIGTH or LEFT depending on the SAT you want
after you get a signal of it even if is weak leave it and then try elevation; most of the SAT that can be get with the same dish have similar elevation.

Silver Member

Post Number: 307
Vini said the right LNBF, what exactly does one mean by the right LNBF? Speaking of LNBFs, when I use dish finding programs, its gives me polarization (skew) what exactly is that and how do I use it. On one site, I read that its for LNBF tilt, but mine doesn't tilt its just like a bar coming out of the dish and the LNB is placed at the end of the bar (i.e. it doesn't move) what do I do?

Silver Member
Username: Jmontana1

Post Number: 164
CALL dishnetwork in the mourning!

Bronze Member
Username: Sickofattitude

Post Number: 29
if your using a single lnb dish then you dont have a skew.,., the skew is meant to tilt the dish just so.,., so that a dish with more then one lnb can pick up birds at different elevations.,.,.,

the right lnb hes refering to is in the polarity there are alot of birds in the sky with.,.,., the DN and bev birds you use a circular polarity lnb., for the other birds like the telstars.,., you need a linear lnb to recieve those signals.,., an analog sat finder will just tell you that the lnb is seeing something.,., it wont tell you what your looking at or even if its actually a satellite.,., trees and mountains in the way can put off what is called "terrestial interference" or TI.,., that means that on an analog sat finder they will read almost about the same as a satellite

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
also you shouldnt DEMAND answers from people its kinda rude.,.,., more flys with honey then with vineager you know.

Silver Member

Post Number: 308
Thx manuel...does that mean I don't need an LNB with the skew capabailities to recieve a satellite or are there some satellites that require you to have (skewed LNBs)...if so, which ones?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
the skew is not a capability of the lnb its a capability of the dish you have.,,. if you dont have a spinning braket or "polar plate" on your dish then you wont have a skew setting to your dish..,
you could always shim your dish on one side to get a skew setting i guess but it would be hard to get the right angle.,.,

put simply a dish 300 or a dave 18" round dish both that have a single lnb mount you will not have a skew setting,.,., now with say a dish 500, dish 1000 or superdish., or any dish designed to be used with multiple lnb will have a skew setting to help align all the birds on one dish.,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us