FTAs vs Hacked DN/BEV receivers

Username: Bingo2006

Post Number: 1
Just wondering if those hacked DN/BEV receivers survived the latest ECM? When it comes to ECM, is there any diffence between hacked DN/BEV receivers and FTA ones?
Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 3627
This is a DN , not Bev ECM..so DN is affected on FTA receivers as well as DN cards and receivers being updated..DN plastic will be OK...as will FTA too...just give it some time..at least a few days..

Bronze Member
Username: Bandulu_deh

Post Number: 22
r u saying that BEV (PPV&P0RN) is still up?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3629
I beleive so...but then again I don't watch Bev..

Bronze Member
Username: Rsmc73

Post Number: 86
yes its still up

Post Number: 2
Thanks LK. I know nothing comes really free.
More questions for you: if ECM can cause blackout on FTAs and some DN/BEV devices, why won't DN/BEV do it 7/24 year round? Are there any technical difficulties for them to do so? What is DN plastic? Can they handle all ECMs?

Silver Member
Username: Hamtec

Post Number: 467
Bev is fine but will soon follow dn.

Silver Member
Username: Hamtec

Post Number: 468
Bin go ecm can not be 24/7 remember evry ecm has a rick of takeing subs with it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3633
DN plastic is DN receivers that use plastic access cards ....and the boys gave U good answers about ECM's..there is always a risk of legitimate sunscriptions being affected....

BUT DN will play a new game at least weekly to discourage us...new keys, various old ECM's, new ECM's, fake keys, activate BOTH key 00 and 01, fake continous autorolls, move channels from one transpondr to another or another satellite..

Bronze Member
Username: Ww228king

Post Number: 13
my pansat 2500a 277t ..has lost pern and ppv

Post Number: 3
LK, in order for the subs devices to survive any of those tricks, how do they get updated prior to such change? thru air wave or using phone lines?
for subs with different program packages, do they have the exactly same software installed in their machines?
why won't coders publish the bin source code like other OpenSource software? so everyone interested can work on it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3635
Subs get updated via satellite signals..different packages require different signals..

Username: Ganjaman

Post Number: 1
I'll tell you why coders can't release the source code: Greed. Simple shortsighted greed. In the FTA wars, manufacturers are more concerned with being the only one with the "fix" so everybody works in their individual little shells. Kind of ironic that the code that is being protected is the same code that is being used to hack another guys property.

Bronze Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 83
would be interesting to see some fta firmware that updates using the data sent downstream just like if it was a plastic sub.

Vini.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us