DirecTv Question..

Username: Blondeprincess

Post Number: 1
I am new to this and am illiterate to all the " tech talk ".

I have DirecTv in two of my rooms, livingroom and bedroom.
In the livingroom I have a Tivo box that I bought from Best Buy and in the bedroom is the regular box that they gave to me when the guy came to install the satellite.

I do not have a landline, so I took the Tivo box to my parents house for the first call, but it has not updated since. It has been fine.

Back in March DirecTv screwed up my bill and was down right rude about it. They tried charging me double and raising the price. They said that the deal I had was promotional and was intended to raise. I asked for proof that they had told me about it being promotional, and was denied it. So, I have refused to pay and have not since March.

Today, my livingroom TV comes up and says..
" For ordering info. call customer service - X721
I came online and googled that X and it said " Account Closed ".

I went up to my bedroom, but that box and satellite work fine.

I understand my satellite was more than likely diconnected due to me not paying, but I have a few questions.

My questions are..
1. Why is one box working and the other not ?
2. Could it have to do with my Tivo not being about to dial in ?
3. Could I put my bedroom card in my livingroom box ?
4. Is there such thing as FREE DirecTV ?

I appreciate any help and apologize for the confusion.

- Tristin

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 156
My experience with direct tv is that you get X721 on every channel that you are not subscibing to. the X stands for EXTENSION. Is this with all channels? Try unpluging your direct tv box from the wall while on , leave it unplugged for about a minute then plug back in. Basic hard reboot.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 2250
Account is NOT closed!...they deactivated your Tivo card because U didn't pay in March and are very delinquent(so now your bill will be $5 less per month)...U card in bedroom is actice still BUT is married to that receiver and will NEVER work in another receiver..NO such thing as free DTV..

THIS month, any day now, they will SUSPEND your account and deactivate the bedroom card...then U have NO TV and a BIG overdue bill...If U used a credit card to open and secure the account , they will bill your credit card and send it also to a collection agency....also if less than 1 year, since U started subscription, they will add an additional $150 activation fee to the delinquent bill and demand all receivers and the dish be returned!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2251
Account is NOT closed!...they deactivated your Tivo card because U didn't pay in March and are very delinquent(so now your bill will be $5 less per month)...U card in bedroom is actice still BUT is married to that receiver and will NEVER work in another receiver..NO such thing as free DTV..

THIS month, any day now, they will SUSPEND your account and deactivate the bedroom card...then U have NO TV and a BIG overdue bill...If U used a credit card to open and secure the account , they will bill your credit card and send it also to a collection agency....also if less than 1 year, since U started subscription, they will add an additional $150 activation fee to the delinquent bill and demand all receivers and the dish be returned!....and they have every LEGAL right to do all this....U cannot fight this and win!...U have an "implied legal binding contract with DTV..U signed something or agreed ONLINE or over phone verbally to their terms!...all communications are a legal contract!

Username: Blondeprincess

Post Number: 2
LK..

Why is it that one box is working another one is not ? Wouldn't they have deactivated them both ?

I understand I owe them and that is why my service was disconnected.

Back in March when I had this problem, I told them I was no longer interested in DirecTv and wanted my service discontinued because they were trying to charge me opposite the price I agreed to in the " contract ".

My amount due ( upon checking the DirecTV website is $414.00 ). How can they charge me for the months past, when I asked for my service to be turned off ?

So basically, I temporarily have satellite in the bedroom and none in the livingroom ? And there is no way my Tivo will work any longer ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2252
yes...basically U are right!...to cancel , they must send U to another CANCEL department, where they ask U a milion questions and usually resolve any isues...OBVIOUSLY that never happenned and U never did cancel or speak to that department!..I would call now!...but U will owe them the $414, especially if U told them in March that U were not going to pay and NEVER made REPEATED attempts to cancel..they log every call U have ever made!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2253
U have to be much wiser than what U've done to beat DTV..but DTV is very easy going and will give U anything FREE, if U had used the right approach..

I would call and tell them U just got home from out of tyhe country for past 2 months and opened your mail...that U are in shock and upset and hubby is going to kill U...that U called DTV and asked for the account to be suspended until U returned, which was NOT done and now U have this huge bill that shouldn't be and why wasn't it done and is there anything they could please do to resolve this issue...and U have 1 working and 1 non working TV...and be VERY NICE nice to them....CRY if U have to.....then get the bill reduced, pay immediately ONLINE...then cancel them or keep them...but remember the 1 year requirement rule too!....

now if U ordered any PPV's since your last March phone call, then this will NOT work and U will have to EAT the ENTIRE bill!

Bronze Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 19
your bedroom box is dead soon or later, this time the box may be off hook from cable,or power off,(unpluged) who know, but the shut down command will in steam once a while (half year?), for sure it will dead, if you don't remove it from steam.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us