Dilemma on to buy a CRT RPTV

Username: Shriramosu

Beaverton, Oregon

Post Number: 3
Hi all

I just bought a Hitachi 50V500 LCD RPTV. It is a nice looking set, and light. It does have the red cloud issue (red cloud in the middle of the screen on utter black backgrounds) but is otherwise fine. I am trying to see if the warranty (I bought is used) will get Hitachi to fix it (think its about 7-9 months from time of purchase). Things that are good about the TV are that it has a stand underneath so I can put my audio gear there, and its light so easy to move. The bad is it needs a tuner, and the red cloud issue (hope it wont get worse)

I have the oppty to get a Mitsubishi WS 55711 CRT RPTV at a good price (20-30% below 1k) and its in good shape, out of warranty but think CRT's are rock solid reliable. Advantages are more screeen size, 20%, integrated HDTV and a VGA connector. Disadvantages, no DVI and no HDMI, but has firewire and component inputs.

My usages are primarliy OTA TV and DVD's. (at some point potentially hook up my PC to it maybe). My question is should I get the Mitsu and sell the Hitachi (pro's/cons etc). Will try to fix the Hitachi in either case.

Thanks

Shriram
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us