Username: Dero

USA

Post Number: 3
Hi Can't see LNB other then #1. #2 #3 #4 get no
signal.
Can you help?
Thanks dero

Anonymous

Well Dero so you can't see Lnb? and get no signal well what kind of set up do you have? What I mean by setup is Box(pantec,pansat,fortec)what kind?Lnb(Dish Pro twin,dual,quad)?This will help other's help you and one more thing what kind of diseqc switch?

USA

Post Number: 4
Thank you Anonymous I have Fortec Ulta, 500 Dish with 2 Lnb's and one 4-1 DiSEqC Switch.

Anonymous

Ok so your running two LNB's what kind are they? What kind of Diseqc? I understand a 4x1 diseqc but where did you get it? Now here is some good LNBS info.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's some info on LNBS: Dishpro vs non-Dishpro(Legacy)

DishPro TWIN or QUAD LNBs have an internal DiSEq switch and use an LO of 11250
For FTA receivers the switch settings are:
DiSEq1(or A) for 119(echo7)
DiSEq2(or B) for 110(echo6,8)

Use no external switches unless you are adding a 3rd satellite/LNB to your system
You will also need to use a DP channel list OR manually edit the H transponders

LNBF
1. Legacy:
a. single: called single legacy, one output.
b. dual: called dual legacy, 2 outputs.
c. twin: big fat lnbf, 2 outputs, has 2 SW21 switch built-in.
d. quad: big fat lnbf, 4 outputs, has 4 SW 21 switch built-in.

2: DishPro
a. single: called single DishPro, one ouput.
b. dual: called dual DishPro, 2 outputs.
c. twin: big fat lnbf, 2 outputs, has 2 independent Diseqc switch built-in
d. quad: big fat lnbf, 4 outputs, has 4 independent Diseqc switch built-in

Switch
1. Diseqc: 2 versions: 1.0 and 2.0. People having problem with 2.0 version
a. 2 ways: 2 inputs, one output. Switch up to 2 lnbfs.
b. 4 ways: 4 inputs, one output. Switch up to 4 lnbfs.
2. 22khz switch: 2 inputs, one output. Switch up to 2 lnbfs.
3. 0/12v switch: 2 inputs, one output. Switch up to 2 lnbfs. (Note: 0/12v switch needs to be installed close to the receiver, therefore 2 cables has be run into your house)
4. There is no such thing as Diseqc 1.2 or 1.3 switch. The 1.2 and 1.3 (aka USALS) are for motorizing Diseqc h-h mount.
5. DP34. 3 inputs, 4 outputs. Can be used to combine a 2nd (61W or 148W)dish with DP twin or quad, so receiver will get signal from 3 sats.

Switch does not work well
1. SW21
2. Diseqc 2.0 version (either 2 ways or 4 ways).

Dish 500
1. with 2 separate legacy single or dual lnbfs.
2. with legacy twin or quads lnbf, no good.

3. with DishPro twin or quads lnbf, good. Need to use modified transponder list.******

moon1
Unregistered guest
i have 3 LNB 4-1 diseqc and 2 reciver cool*sat*5000 and lifetime ultra i bougt satellite multi switch
i hocked all the blugs and when i want to watch
119 on cool*sat i have no signal on
lifetime ultra (nimiq1)it works when both 119 or
one of the othersi need help where to put each
blug maybe i am doing it wrong

Silver Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 938
IF each LNB does not have DUAL outputs, then will not work..it they do, then just run 1 cable to each disque switch from LNB and the 1 cable from each disque to a receiver..very simple

Then U must configure each receiver for the LNB and disque switch settings U just hooked up..

USA

Post Number: 5
I have one fortec recever two dual lnb's 1 switch 4-1 i have them working. When i hookup to the lnb with out the Diseqc switch i receive more channels, when i go through the switch i get less channels? it seems like some channels are blocked out by the switch? Thanks Dero

Silver Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 965
This is why its recommemded to perform your satellite scans WITHOUT your disque switch connected..plus this scan will ensure U are in fact receiving hje correct sat signals...

The disque does NOT BLOCK any signals out, it combines them into 1 cable...U can do TP scans for the specific missing channels...DN moves channels around to different transponders periodically...and maybe since your last blind scan..

USA

Post Number: 6
Thanks LK
I will try scaning the satellites then hook up the Diseqc Switch.

Dero
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us