Lifetime Ultra Box Dead

Big Dave
Unregistered guest
Early this morning i tried to load a different channel list. (I found a channel list that had the same numbers as dishnetwork) after i did this I got the "bad or scrambled channel" on the screen. I then reloaded my original channel list and still got the message. I then down loaded a bin from ds*central.net. After the download was complete I believe it said "6.0" on the reciever then powered off and will not power back on. It seems the reciever is totally dead any help would be greatly appreciated as my wife is about ready to kill me

Anonymous

Big Dave, what was the bin that you loaded? The only safe bins for the ultra are the 282t and the 256t at this moment. You'll need to Jtag the receiver.See other posts for instructions on doing this.

Big Dave
Unregistered guest
The bin file was named "X-85BL_051213_267T_au_api(N).bin" It came from a zipped file called "fortec_ultra_al7bar_autoroll-1-13-06bin.zip" from dsscent*al.net. I have been trying to educate myself about jtaging but can't seem to find any links that are not over my head.

Grimreeper
Unregistered guest
you need to JTAG your box then load the 272 factory bin then load the new 100 bin its a combo of the 282 and the 256 bins.you should be able to find the files you need at dsscentral

Silver Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 125
Just to let U aware...www.pantec.f2a.com will not even allow that "new 100" bin on their site...safer to use 282T or 256T..

Silver Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 127
Jtag..Dead Ulra's

Here's the Ultra factory flash:
[link removed]

here's the Nagra2 Black Death repair kit and some more info about the 8888888:
[link removed]&highlight=black+death
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help