Not hooking phone line up to DirectTV DVR?

Anonymous

I will be hooking up a DirectTV DVR to my satellite setup. I will not be hooking up my phone line because I'm sharing an account. What effect will this have on the DVR service. Will I still be able to record shows, pause live Tv? Any one have any ideas? I called DirectTV but I think I got their pat answer of everything needs to be connected or it won't work.

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 161
The phone line has No affect on the DVR abilities..keep it unplugged and enjoy everything..

Anonymous

Thanks, was hoping to hear that.

New_creation
Unregistered guest
Shame, shame, shame, CHEATER!!!!

Anonymous

Why, because I only have a cell phone and don't want to buy an additional phone line just to support the DSS reciever? Thats called cheating?

Not_a_problem
Unregistered guest
You'll get a nag after 21 days then a daily nag after 30 days, but it's not significant, just ignore them and delete the messages. Everything will work fine.
But don't order a PPV with the card (use the internet, instead). If you order a PPV with your card/remote, you will lose DVR functionaily in 30 days until a phone call is made.

Anonymous

Thanks. Not hooking up the phone to the reciever period.

Anonymous

Update on DVR R10 hookup. In order to use the DVR service, the reciever must at least one time hook up by phone to get past the initial setup screen for the DVR. After the initial phone setup (it has to dial in to download the local phone numbers), you can unhook it from the phone and it should work like everyone else says, nag after a certain time but still workable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us