Recording TV Shows with a VCR onto VHS (how??)

Username: Newb4life

Post Number: 1
Hello,
I have a DV HiFi VCR and I was wondering how you would go about recording TV shows with a VCR onto a blank VHS tape?

I do not have cable (just 3 channels) so I can not do anything though a coax cable.

Post Number: 2
****Hi-Fi DA4 VCR -correction

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 999
What are you trying to record from?

Post Number: 3
I am trying to record a regular television show from my Mitsubishi televison set...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1001
You don't record from a TV. You have to have a source to record from, cable, antenna, etc.

Troy Heagy
Unregistered guest
TWO POSSIBILITIES:

(1) Off-the-air
- Set up your antenna
- Run the cable from the antenna, to the VCR
- Run a round phono plug from VCR's Video Out to TV's Video In (to get a picture)
- Turn on VCR
- Select Channel on VCR
- Press record on VCR

(2) Cable TV
- Run the cable directly to the VCR
- Run a round phono plug from VCR's Video Out to TV's Video In (to get a picture)
- Turn on VCR
- Select Channel on VCR
- Press record on VCR

NOTE: I've vastly over-simplied this, but this will at least get you started & recording.

troy

Post Number: 4
Thanks Troy that really help

Anonymous

I am trying to record "Lost" for tonight. I have a RCA vcr and I do not have the directions. Can you help me?

panyyy
Unregistered guest
THESE PEOPLE ARE FUKIN STUPIF THAT DONT KNOW HOW TO UESE A VCR!!!

Username: Marble

Post Number: 1
It's been many years since I recorded TV shows on a VCR. Would someone please assist me with the absolute basics? I've got a Zenith TV, Model SS2025Y; and a Phillips Magnavox VCR, VR2222AT22. (The connections are all correct; I can play rented movies.) I remember that the TV needs to be on Channel 4 (not 3). But here we go: How do I get a menu on screen? How do I program VCR for the particular channel of show I want (since the TV is necessarily set on Ch 4 to operationalize whole deal)? Once I've designated the show to record, once or weekly, do I turn off power on both TV and VCR? Or only on TV? Finally, assuming I succeed in recording several shows on a tape, how do I find a given show fast? As I recall, I used to have to fast forward endlessly to FIND the show I wanted, because the equipment was not functioning properly (really, I think it wasn't--however, I suppose it COULD have been a malfunction of my brain). I.e., how do you code the show and zip to it when you put the tape in? I assume you can pull up a list of recordings you've done--but how? So I need steps 1,2,3 etc. Any person generous enough to take the time to answer these Little Kid Questions (kind of like one level above asking "How do I go about breathing--can someone tell me?") must be patient indeed, and I thank you in advance. (By the way, I have a Ph.D.--honestly! But, as you can tell, it's in a human development area, not physics. We deal with the "hard-wired" aspects of personality only as metaphor, right? Unless I'm confused about that!) Cheers.

Unregistered guest
how do you record a vhs that has like a block on it . because it dosent record right when you push record it gets dim and bright agian . please email me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1301
It's copy protected, you need a stabilizer.

someone betta than u panny
Unregistered guest
the ones who are stupid are the ones who cant type MORON
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us