Off air antenna

Username: Dre4444

Post Number: 2
i just recently got an hdtv. i was told by the dish rep, sbc dish network that i could get all broadcasts in HD including my local ABC for Monday night football and other broadcasts. now i find out that i need rabbit ears or something hooked in the sat box to get the hd signal. can anyone recommend a good, not too expensive antenna that i can plug into the box that sits inside my room, not something has to go on the roof? Also, does this work well? good picture? easy to set up? thanks!

Username: Jvbueno

Post Number: 2
You dont need an extra antenna. A decent service will give you your local channels for free. That means that you'll receive your local channels inside the regular satellite programm. Ask your provider or change the provider if you don't get support. Please have in mind that Hight Definition (HD) is not good if you do not have the HD receiver ot HD ready TV

Anonymous

You suppouse to have the hardware for free. What kind of service is the one you are going to pay for?

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 366
Derek...nobody replied earlier because your post and the statements allegedly given to U by SBC make absolutely no sense..and who is SBC dishnetwork?...do U mean the one and only real Dishnetwork TV, out of Colorado?...any cable or satellite TV should be able to provide U local major networks unless U live in East Cupcake, then they give U the national majot networks (ABC,NBC,FOX,CBS)..

Bronze Member
Username: D_singh

Post Number: 24
I've tried getting Dish to let me receive local HD channels, but for some reason Dish needs permission from the local affiliates to broadcast local programming. I've currently got only CBSHD from California, and I'm in Chicago!

Guess what I did, just hooked up my OTA already in place (mounted outside already with the house) to my HD tuner and voila, ALL local channels in HD. It's MUCH easier to do this than to wait for Dish, and probably DTV too, to get legal rights to broadcast local programming.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us