PIP/Sat

Username: Whiteb

Afton, Texas USA

Post Number: 1
I have a Philips 60" TV and a RCA Satellite Receiver/DVR. My TV has PIP. Can this work with the Satellite Receiver? I am unable to receive TV other than Satellite.

Silver Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 116
Depends on where you have the satelite receiver hooked up. You also need an outside antenna or cable box to receive anything other than satelite hooked to the right input of your TV/

Afton, Texas USA

Post Number: 5
I know I can't receive anything else but the Sat. That is not a problem. I just wondered if you can use the PIP with the Satellite.

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
No my pip doesn't work either.For the same reason you can't watch one ch and tape another.

Afton, Texas USA

Post Number: 8
I can watch one program and tape another program with my DVR. I can tape 2 different programs at the same time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
Well tell me how i can't would be nice to do.

Afton, Texas USA

Post Number: 9
You have to have a 2 line LNB on your Satellite dish. Then you have to get a multi-switch(Radio Shack has them. Then you run 2 coax cables to your DVR.

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
So you are running a coax from one side of the lnb to a switch , then out of switch with 2 coaxes to the dvd recorder. Nothing hooked up in between. Right?

Afton, Texas USA

Post Number: 10
tHAT'S RIGHT

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
What sat provider do you have Dtv or Dish? And what kind dvd recorder. This has got me excited. So you are running one side of your lnb to your RCA receiver and the other side directly to your DVD recorder. You don't have any problem watching TV and recording a different channel other than the one you are watching on TV?

Bronze Member

Afton, Texas USA

Post Number: 11
I have an RCA DVR with built in Directv Receiver. Both coax cables go into the back of the DVR. There is no problem watching and recording something different.

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
Accept my apologies Bryan. We don't have too many people here with Direct TV subs. I thought you were running an FTA and just screwing with me and I was going to let you have it with both barrels. With this place, you never know anymore who is telling the truth. But now I think I can tell you how to use the PIP. If you can take a line out of that receiver and hook it to your TV on an input, then you could watch TV on the channel you're watching now, use your PIP and go to the other input where you ran that line. And you should be able to watch a different channel with the Picture On Picture. Once again, I'm sorry for the mistrust on your posts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us