Sony KDF-50WE655 Problems with Component Video

Username: Martigen

Post Number: 2
Hello everyone, i've been going nuts for the past 2 days trying to connect my DVD-R/VCR to my new Sony HDTV with the component video cables.
I tried every single setting and i cannot get it to work. At this point i dont know if the problem is the TV or the DVD player. I got the Sony KDF-50WE655 TV and the Sony RDR-VX500 DVD-R/VCR Combination unit. I set up the DVD on Progressive Scan and it goes black on the screen on the connections with the RCA cables, however when i check Video 5 or 6 (Component inputs) the picture looks like lines horizontally and vertically moving randomly with no picture.
How can i solve this issue? I tried everything to make it work and no luck yet. HELP ANYONE PLEASE!

HD Fanatic
Unregistered guest
Does the indicator light for the progressive scan light up on the front of the DVD player? On my player, I had to push a button on the DVD player to activate the progressive.(in addition to the on-screen menu settings) Not sure if yours is this way or not... Have you tried hooking the DVD player up with an S-video to verify it still works? Also, are you running your video cables from the DVD player directly to the TV, or through a receiver? I would run them directly to the TV, if you aren't already doing this.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us