Sat box to LCD Monitor with TV tuner - tuning probs

Username: Stuartjprice

Post Number: 2
Hi, I recently bought a Sharp LL-M15X1U LCD Monitor with Tv tuner. This has an antenna input, as well as AV , S Video and rgb input. I have been trying to connect my satalite box via the RF 2 (coaxial) from the box to the Monitor but cannot seem to get a signal at all even though power is getting through from the box. I have it connected to the antenna input on the LCD and have had distorted pictures of other channels come through but nothing from the satalite box. Where am I going wrong? Thanks! (London, England)

Bronze Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 94
Go into the satellite receiver menu and determine if you must turn on the RF output. Or check remote to see if it has switch for that function. Check to make certain that the correct channel on the tv is selected and that it matches the output selected on the receiver. Suggest you use the rgb or S-video input (in that order if both are available) for superior picture. Use RF as a last result as picture quality will suffer tremendously.

Unregistered guest
We have direct tv or dishnet ? at this bar I work at. It's hooked up to 5 tv.s The problem is, that when the sat. rec is on, we can't watch normal (local) channels on the other tvs. How can this be hooked up so that we can watch sat. on one tv, and cbs/upn45/etc. on another tv without it comming in fuzzy?

IM_LEAVING
Unregistered guest
if you are a lagit subscriber then your satellite rep will help you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us